ElenaC

Kitchen Hood & Hub

need everyone's advise, i was walking in summit yesterday and i purchased a kicthen hood with suction power of 1080, a 3 burner hub, a stainless steel two basin and one working area, with a brass tap.

Tiscali brand for rm1250 is it worth it? i was very happy cos i thought i got a good deal until i got home and my mom said she never heard of tiscali before... now im worried...

I heard of tiscali... shld be ok i think...

Twinkle, its the tempered glass hood and the hob is FAB... the tempered glass hood is D5BH...

Another shop asked me to buy Fagor... Fagor is from Italy... anyone using Fagor?

Many SA told us to buy asian brand as we stir fry a lot, fagor is one of the recommended brand too but i dun think the suction power is strong enof... anyway babysiew, already done survey in ipoh? how is it? :P

need everyone's advise, i was walking in summit yesterday and i purchased a kicthen hood with suction power of 1080, a 3 burner hub, a stainless steel two basin and one working area, with a brass tap.

Tiscali brand for rm1250 is it worth it? i was very happy cos i thought i got a good deal until i got home and my mom said she never heard of tiscali before... now im worried...

hello everybody :lol: , I was tired looking around for kitchen hoods and hobs, and finally I got here and I think ONLY here is discussing kitchen hood wisely. I had limited budget for my new house cozz the renovation itself also killed me <_< . So I had an eye on tiscali, dear evelynsaw could u pls share the specs and product info about the tiscali u booked? I googled a while and found that is an italian made, as opposed to opinions that suggest we asian should use asian made cooker hood, anyway I dunno a cent about this. pls enlighten me :D

Fotile is an asian brand while fagor is italy brand... i am more into fotile than fagor.. go for fagor if only u wanna have an oven to come with it... then its cheap to get fagor... if not its cheaper to get fotile... fagor suction power is not bad too...

Ipoh electrical shop... very comparable... he not only can give a comparable price, the best thing is he recommends something better... like electrolux 7kg washing machine 984 model costs rm2200, he recommended something similiar, Bosch 7kg also... rm1900... cheaper by RM300, same rpm... he said one thing is better, Bosch stainless steel drum is a one piece drum while electrolux is a few piece drum tat is held together by rubber... its true... we saw it! like water heater, his price is quite low but he recommended gas water heater by rinnai which costs like 1 unit of electricity water heater but can service ur bathrooms and kitchen at the same time using cooking gas...

babysiew, wat price can u get from ipoh for fotile hood & hob set?? And also where is the shop in kepong? Do u think kepong is more exp than ipoh?

Hi Seriouskit,

For RM1,250 we got :

1. Tiscali twin tub stainless steel sink (RRP RM550)

2. Chromed brass tap (RRP RM80)

3. Dorex stove (tempered glass with 3 gas burners)

4. Tiscali 765 V8 Cooker Hood (curved tempered glass & stainless steel)

If you want to see the picture, will have to wait as the brochure is in the car. The sink is brushed stainless steel and has working area which we can place the dish rack. At RM250 inclusive of the tap, it's a steal. The shopkeeper in Summit was honest about his product and easy to talk to. Originally he had recommended a Dorex cooker top which has about 10% more suction power to the Tiscali. But it requires filter change which cost RM15 each. The Tiscali is easier to maintain and so we decided to go for it. The Dorex suction power was strong enough to hold a 5kg plank in place! We just hope that we made the right decision. Keeping our fingers crossed and see how the items fair in the coming years :unsure:

hello everybody :lol: , I was tired looking around for kitchen hoods and hobs, and finally I got here and I think ONLY here is discussing kitchen hood wisely. I had limited budget for my new house cozz the renovation itself also killed me <_< . So I had an eye on tiscali, dear evelynsaw could u pls share the specs and product info about the tiscali u booked? I googled a while and found that is an italian made, as opposed to opinions that suggest we asian should use asian made cooker hood, anyway I dunno a cent about this. pls enlighten me :D

Jacqline,

I had done my survey for hood n hub, basically, fagor, pacific and fortile are in my list. However, last weekend, after discussion with my hubby, we decided to go for Fagor Hood n hub.

Agreed with bbsiew, fortile is really suitable for asian cooking and suction damn good. Fagor fire will be abit smaller if compare to fortile. We choose fagor instead of fortile based on some of our experiences and some personal reason.

here's the price i got for my selection : fagor Stainless steel 3 burner hub (there's no 2 burner hub for stainless steel) and fagor chimney hood (the one which come with glass)

If getting fagor from D legend, the price they quote us is RM4800+ without installation and 3 more others electrical shops is quoting in the range of RM3000+ too.

i got fagor in puchong, original price was RM3698. they having promotion, n i managed to get it at RM2198 or 2188. it won't more than RM2200 as they 'lump' the discount amount together with other item i bought. this price include installation.

hope this info can help u.

Mickey, wat personal reason? mind to share? is fotile very bad based on ur experience?

Jac, we just need to quote the model and the kepong branch just do the delivery... payment made at ipoh...

Dear bb siew,

it was not bad experience. for long term wise, the design of the parts lead us some unnecessary cleaniness and maintenance problem.

very hard for me to explain here, i think i'll drop you an email. :)

Jacqline,

actually is my hubby experience and his comment. I'm doing the price checking, he's doing all the QA QC thing. esp we want to get things for long term usage.

my hubby had been changing a number of hub (due to several reasons). if i'm not mistaken, he changed 4 type of hub b4. different brands (i can't recall) and when we was at looking at Fortile hub, in fact i was not with him. he's the one doing the checking n ended up he decided not to take it. as the design of the hub.

he prefer the fagor becoz of the 'consealed' design at that portion where the fire come out. those other brand we seen, either those 'part' can be seperable, n some have gap at the bottom where by food or soup can easily leak down n to wash it, you have to 'detached' n 're-install'. after few times of installing, the burner instead of 'blue' fire coming out, 'yellow' fire come out.

beside that, some of those burner, in between, they come with 'ring'. the ring will after a period of time, will expand, n it will no longer fit.

that's his point of view n the decision we made to buy fagor. Hopefully this consealed design can solve those issues my hubby faced b4. that's the best i can explain over here.

it's just our point of view. who knows fagor will cause problem in long tem (touched wood)

oic. tat's another part tat we have to concen about but since no exp we have never thought about it b4.. pai seh.. thx for enlighten me.. :)

We went to Xam-Max Kitchen yesterday and they quoted us Fagor hood and hob set for RM1999. The hob has 3 burners and the hood has suction power of 800. Is this price reasonable?

Then their price for Teka hood and hob is RM2830. Teka hob has 2 burners and hood has suction power of up to 1200.

These prices are inclusive of delivery and installation.

Seriouskit,

not sure if you have gotten your kitchen already, yesterday i went to mutiara damansara to meet up with the photographer, and i saw a warehouse sale at Urbanez Kitchen & Laundry Concept..

they have quite good promotion for brands like Teka, Fotile, Fagor, Cata etc...

the kitchen promotion seems like a good deal to me, and might suit your tight budget.

"Full Kitchen Set" at RM3,688

Base 12' Wall 9'

Cooker Hood - Cata brand, made in Spain

Hob- 2 burner glass hob cant remember if its Fotile/Rinnai

Aluminium door hanldes

all drawers comes with the soft close function

one 180 degrees stainless steel revolving corner basket

by the way anyone looking for a washing machine and dryer?

they have a promotion for Fagor brand, for RM3288 you get:

-1 unit 6kg wahshing machine

-1 unit 6kg dryer

i wont be able to access into this forum at work, so i've uploaded the picture of the flyer that i took with my phone onto flickr photo, if you are interested you can view it rather than wait for me to reply. the Sales person who attended to me is C.S. Low, you may want to contact him first, to see if its still available.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evelyn/2396475450/

good luck!!

regards,

Evelyn

Hi Seriouskit,

For RM1,250 we got :

1. Tiscali twin tub stainless steel sink (RRP RM550)

2. Chromed brass tap (RRP RM80)

3. Dorex stove (tempered glass with 3 gas burners)

4. Tiscali 765 V8 Cooker Hood (curved tempered glass & stainless steel)

If you want to see the picture, will have to wait as the brochure is in the car. The sink is brushed stainless steel and has working area which we can place the dish rack. At RM250 inclusive of the tap, it's a steal. The shopkeeper in Summit was honest about his product and easy to talk to. Originally he had recommended a Dorex cooker top which has about 10% more suction power to the Tiscali. But it requires filter change which cost RM15 each. The Tiscali is easier to maintain and so we decided to go for it. The Dorex suction power was strong enough to hold a 5kg plank in place! We just hope that we made the right decision. Keeping our fingers crossed and see how the items fair in the coming years :unsure:

I bought Fagor cooker and hood at the Modern Home and Property Fair at Midvalley last Sat. RM1999, and they gave RM100 voucher and 16-piece cutlery set.

Dear all, I m thinking of getting Sakura 3 burner hob. But no one seems to mention Sakura in forum. I m worried now ler, is it a good brand? I went to legend and a few other electrical shops, they also say Sakura is good. Suitable for Asian cooking style. 2 big burner is 5kw and small burner is 3-3.5kw. Built in safety feature. The cheapest price i found is in pandan jaya. RM750. You all think this is a good hob? I got my contractor to measure the hob to make hole for my concrete table top liao. If no good have to stop him from making the hole first hehe.

I also plan to buy a Fujioh Hood. Price is RM4200. Fujioh i think shud be no prob, quite famous. My concern now is with the Sakura Hob. Please help.

Thanks in advance :D

ataraxis, i only found sakura brand from selected shop only therefore it's not in my list. So i cannot give u any comment on this. Btw, if u plan to get fujioh hood, y dun get a set from them? as i know they have promotion on hood & hob set. Anyway, i think hob is not tat important la, any brand will do :P

For those who is interested to buy induction hob, i suggest that better get some one who has one at home to ask for the experience. last time my hb rent a condo with induction hob, very difficult to control the 'fire'

the response seem a bit slower after your action. my food always overcook!!

hi, interesting read.

i just returned from hommedec exhibit at KL convention centre - now till sunday

http://cisnetwork.com/homedec/news/index.php

bought Pacific brand hood (basic- spray clean type) and hob (2 burner)

RM1699. My apt ready only in August so bought now to keep till then.

free installation (rm2500 included) so i thot a good deal. paid by installment (credit card)

and they will reserve set and promise to give free consult with kitchen cabinet people when

it comes to fixing the units. Hope they keep their word.

Read that pacific brand good for asian cooking. i bought the medium suction abt 900 .

The tiscali set sounds good. heard of tiscali somewhere....

Hi all,

me just back from Homedec yesterday too, below is the information I get, if you guy want to know which is cheaper, can go find out from electrical shop or kitchen shop.

Morgan Hood MDH-SA910GS (curve glass top with 4 speed touch screen)

+ 3 burner hob (temper glass built in hob) RM1699

Tuscani Hood TSC HD 633D (similar design as morgan) + TSC 1 G+2WK (glass) hob(3 burners) = RM2199

Teka DH90(1200M3/H) -squarish type like cassette + 2GAIAL4.5kW(2 burners) RM2699

Pasific 1150M3/H (simialar as morgan type) +GB2B 5.0kW (2 burners) RM 2399

Fagor set ( i can't remember the model name) is around RM2399

All the above included installation.some come with free gift.

hi

i found this shop (Alphmax) in bandar putri puchong quoted the following price:

Fagor hood-Cpv-90x + Fagor hob-PCS8 = RM1799

Fotile hood-D5BH + Fotile hob-FAB = RM1600

Rinnai hob RH-90CD + Rinnai Hob RB-2JG(B) =RM2000

Rinnai hob RH-90CD + Rinnai Hob RB-2GSi =RM2299

a bit confused today. everyone in this forum seems to recommend those with very powerful suction. but this other shop i visited today (same row as the shop above), the uncle (i think the boss) say powerful suction will suck the heat/fire and cause more gas needed. so waste gas, as high as 50% :blink: he recommended a rinnai, i think very very old stock, never see in any other shop. and he claimed Teka followed the design. price is cheap though.

The fotile set is very cheap... the cheapest i got is rm1850 including installation... the price u got is including installation? very cool... :)

When u put a wok on top of the hob... the fire is alredi burning the wok... so how the hood gonna suck the heat out neh? i dont know... doesnt sound logical to me... dont need a very powerful suction... just let them demonstrate to u how the thing suck away the smoke is enuff...

Hi,

Is great to see so much information from this website.

I just started the renovation for my new house and I am now looking for hood and hob.

Currently I am using the Electrolux hob with 4 burners (a few years old product), both my mum and mum-in-law are complaining that the flame is not strong.

I would like to get more input about which model is good and does not give much problem.

I visited the Xam-Max showroom over the weekend, there are having a promotion for Pacifica hoob and hob (2 burners) set at RM2,399 with installation.

I was told by another salesman that Fotile is really suitable for Asian cooking and suction power is good. Any comment?

The salesman of Legend Sri Petaling recommends me to go with Fagor Stainless steel 3 burner hub.

According to the salesman the flame for Pacifica n Fotile are measured by KW, whereas Fagor is using different technology.

Please advice.

Many thanks in advance

Lee