ElenaC

Kitchen Hood & Hub

i cant bliv it, i got cheated as well after doing so many research and reading online.

Check around and indeed zheilwane was able to offer a good price but i found a seller in lelong.com selling FOTILE and his price is RM 200+ cheaper than zheilwane's price.

Sad, shouldnt b greedy trying to get my fotile set at a lower price. Now, i need to pay RM 200+ for the extension and bracket. The hood is not under warranty as well.

sorry to hear that you got cheated, dont be greedy, sometimes its the rm100-200 that cause us lose track and ended up spending more. i rarely buy from lelong.com or mudah.com unless its for very cheap stuff. interestly i have purchased car parts from ebay in the uk and usa, no issue, i find the sellers honest, and even if got small scratches, they will alert you upfront...the same can't be said about those from malaysia, not saying all of them, BUT a group of bad apples have caused the whole forest to be tainted.

learned from it and move on....cheers.

my uncle jus told me some of the bad contractors steal customers goods during renovation den sell it to shops or directly deal with salesmen. Some contractors who cant get their pay just dismantle customers stuff n sell them. So, even though the item is nicely packed and sealed with warranty card and etc but selling at a very low price, it might b a stolen goods as those ppl wanna clear the item away quick.

Duno whether my case is the same or not. May b they forgot to pack the extension cover back into the box...

my uncle jus told me some of the bad contractors steal customers goods during renovation den sell it to shops or directly deal with salesmen. Some contractors who cant get their pay just dismantle customers stuff n sell them. So, even though the item is nicely packed and sealed with warranty card and etc but selling at a very low price, it might b a stolen goods as those ppl wanna clear the item away quick.

Duno whether my case is the same or not. May b they forgot to pack the extension cover back into the box...

hatip56: whats done cannot be undone, unless you are allowed to return and get full refund. else, lets move on.

warranty registration here: http://fotile.com.my:8082/fotilepanel/waFo...tomerReg/create

if link does not work, enter from here: http://www.fotile.com.my/

cheers!

rule of thumb, buy from some1 u feel comfortable with and the price mus b reasonable.

Eg: contractors could give u low prices bt there is no guarantee in their quality and material used. Even the quality and material r OK, they might steal ur stuff to cover their low profit.

My reno is going on quite smooth, gt my contractor, KC, alarm and etc from forum and all of them have good feedbacks. There are shops offering lower prices but i rather pay a little extra for good service and reliability. Look at BRNO Home Security, they gave good prices but now ran away with customers deposits.

i am now planning to improve my kitchen and i did surveyed around those shops selling hoods & hobs. As i do online research and found that Fotile was the TOP seller. However, SA recommended me RUBINE (hob+hood) at offered price of $1,388 including installation + 1 year warranty, FOTILE (hood+hob) costs about at least RM2,300 to RM2,600, 3 yrs warranty for hood & 1yr warranty for hob,installation fee excluded. Suction power about 1,000rpm for both brands.

Then i go to United Fusion and they recommended me "DRAGONFLY" but the hood only already costs about RM2,200 with 10 yrs motor warranty+1 yr parts warranty. Very simple way of cleaning with just simply spray water on the fan. SA also told me that they are using "DRAGONFLY" in their pantry and just finish cooking. I went to see and i was shocked that totally no smoke spreading around nor those stuffs around the wok looks greasy and oily. The engine also function quietly than TUSCANI which i experienced from my cousin's home.

I am interested with DRAGONFLY HOOD but the prices really expensive to me as the unit for rent-out. The SA also recommended ZENNE built-in gas hob but the price range from RM800++. That's totally out of my budget. How about ELBA gas hob? Or any other suggestion on this "GAS HOB"?

In my experience, people who buy hoods based on price tend to be disappointed. There's no point buying something crappy that you will have to use everyday. Because if you do, it tends to give you more work (cleaning etc). With hoods, suction power is essential otherwise there may not be any point in buying one. With our Asian cooking, the kitchen tends to get a little oily and smoky, so you need to bear that in mind.

You should read through this thread from the beginning because you're just asking questions that have been previously asked. Many posters have asked questions about choosing the right hood or hob, and I believe the answer you are seeking is already here.

In my experience, people who buy hoods based on price tend to be disappointed. There's no point buying something crappy that you will have to use everyday. Because if you do, it tends to give you more work (cleaning etc). With hoods, suction power is essential otherwise there may not be any point in buying one. With our Asian cooking, the kitchen tends to get a little oily and smoky, so you need to bear that in mind.

You should read through this thread from the beginning because you're just asking questions that have been previously asked. Many posters have asked questions about choosing the right hood or hob, and I believe the answer you are seeking is already here.

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Hi MB,

Any recomemded hood & hub?

I was looking for chimey type. What brand do you think is good.

My shortlisted is Fotile, Phileo &Tiscali. Has anyone use the brand?

Need your valuable comment..

Hi, Please don't use Fortile specially the electric oven, very bad quality and service. Bought 2yrs++ down 5times and everytime was same defect - PCB failure...Pls don't use..

Hi Mr lao, good day , isn't it any issue cause the PCB failure in 5 times ? How bad the service of FOTILE ?

you can call the service line , share your problem with them , i think they will find out a good solution

to solve your problem ? we don't want to blame this or that , for my opinion maybe is the electric supply is

not stable ( i said {maybe} , please try to share the problem with them , and let them find out the cause ) :cool: ,

thanks.

Hi MB,

Any recomemded hood & hub?

I was looking for chimey type. What brand do you think is good.

My shortlisted is Fotile, Phileo &Tiscali. Has anyone use the brand?

Need your valuable comment..

Hi, Please don't use Fortile specially the electric oven, very bad quality and service. Bought 2yrs++ down 5times and everytime was same defect - PCB failure...Pls don't use..

Hi Mr lao, good day , isn't it any issue cause the PCB failure in 5 times ? How bad the service of FOTILE ?

you can call the service line , share your problem with them , i think they will find out a good solution

to solve your problem ? we don't want to blame this or that , for my opinion maybe is the electric supply is

not stable ( i said {maybe} , please try to share the problem with them , and let them find out the cause ) ,

thanks.

I am using Fotile oven, so far so good. I would say this Mr Lao must be a competitor of Fotile as he created a new account just to post that comment. If u r a true consumer, why not u post a photo of the complaint that u made, i bliv fotile will give u a copy of the complaint form when they come to service ur oven. I notice there are 2-3 ppl in the internet saying the same thing and when i check, they are all new accounts, i think they are all from the same person and he/she might b a competitor. I was sceptical in getting Fotile at first due to these comments but after checking throughly, there are only a few bad comments on the oven by new members (FAKE) and more than hundreds of good comments by Senior Members. From all the comments i read + the good explanation from the shop i purchase, i decided to get Fotile. No regrets...

after reading this thread I went to Legend SS2 to shop for my selected Fotile hood and hob, I got the pricing, then went to Weng Heng kepong, and got quotation for similar set, Weng Heng turned out RM1k cheaper than Legend ! (total price for the set if <>RM5k, so there's 20% savings for me!!!)

Anyone try to buy online? Im thinking of getting it online at http://my.gobiztunnel.com/

As the price is margainable, my plan will be purchasing it online and get my own contractor to install it.

There is mother's day promotion right now, and wanna get a hob + hood tmrw.... :abe:

Until today, I have not seen the benefits of buying kitchen appliances online. If you're planning to save 100-200 dollars over an item that costs ~2k, please ask yourself what significant savings you gain. I understand that many of you have budgets, but when it comes to the kitchen, the key priority is value. Value means you factor in the after sales service, warranty and technical specs that allow you achieve a certain standard of performance.

There is no point buying something cheaper that will fail you. Take the time to read through the earlier posts and you will find yourself better equiped to talk and discuss your needs with the sales staff. Remember that their job is to sell, not to cook.

Hi everyone, how's fotile brand? We are thinking of getting the hood + hob + oven.. Heard good things about the hood & hob but not so much stuff on their oven.. Anyone has bought fotile and how's it going for you?

And which oven did u get, of u did. :)

Thanks for your help!

Hi, everyone. I am just new here. Hope that i can get some feedback from you guys. I wish to buy a hob for my new house. May i know which brand is the best? Rinnai? Electrolux or Elba? Please share your experience with me. Thank in advance!