Just wanted to hear other people's opinion:

My fiancé proposed to me with a ring handed down by his grandmother, so that became my engagement ring. I then gave him an 18K white gold engagement ring, costing between RM700-800.

Today, we picked out our engagement rings: his is a white gold ring, costing RM2.45K, and mine is a rose-gold half-eternity ring, costing RM1.6K. My father thinks that my fiancé should pay for both the rings, since my father paid for my mother's wedding ring.

What do you think?

for my wedding band we both pay for it 50/50 as he gave me an engagement ring.

its solely up to both of you how you see things. Our wedding band signify the start of journey together thus 50/50 as we are both equal.

I think it doesn't really matter in this day and age. My husband paid for our rings, and a lot other stuff tht traditionally should come from the bride's family.

Engagement ring he bought for me & wedding band we also 50/50. We feel that wedding band signifies our love for each other & so we bought the band for each other :wub: Ya, nowadays it doesn't matter, it depends on both of u.

He surprised me with my engagement ring, and wanted to buy our wedding rings too but I insisted on 50/50 for the wedding rings. Same reason, that we should be equal partners from now on :) either way it's a personal choice between you two, no right or wrong. Good luck :)

I would be very happy to have engagement rings. It should be from the fiancé .

Anyhow i agree to both parties contribute 50/50 on the wedding rings. It depends on our common understanding.

Just wanted to hear other people's opinion:

My fiancé proposed to me with a ring handed down by his grandmother, so that became my engagement ring. I then gave him an 18K white gold engagement ring, costing between RM700-800.

Today, we picked out our engagement rings: his is a white gold ring, costing RM2.45K, and mine is a rose-gold half-eternity ring, costing RM1.6K. My father thinks that my fiancé should pay for both the rings, since my father paid for my mother's wedding ring.

What do you think?

doesn't matter rite? just need to explain to your dad that times have changed .....:)

elders are like that , if they did it before, they also want the youngers ones to follow their footsteps.....:)

I think it doesn't really matter in this day and age. My husband paid for our rings, and a lot other stuff tht traditionally should come from the bride's family.

yeah agree, don matter these days. i've listed down all the cost (vendors/events) , then allocate which one to be paid by each of us.

try to be as fair and balanced as possible, buts its quite impossible to be 50:50 also la. :)