YoungBride2Be

After marriage, wil you share everything with ur partner?

I just married. Yesterday, I suddenly think of wish to know about my hubby's credit card bank statements. Thus I ask him to let me have a look, he mentioned to me is all online, which mean have to log in.

I ask him, log in and let me check the bank statement, he said that is privacy, cannot let me have a look?

what privacy? credit card statement just a statement of the amount of money you used in the past. Why cannot let your spouse to have look?

Will you allow ur partner have a look on ur bank statement?

well ... did both of you talk about money or debts that you both still hold before wedding ?

truthfully, i dont know how much my hubby have in bank or his credit card statement and never asked to see it but i did roughly asked if he is in debts, how is his repayment like, his bank got savings or not ...

we have a joint account for both of our savings and also individual account savings. Individual i leave it to him to settle but if he is in credit card debts, i would want to know about it and he does promise to tell me so that whatever happens ... we can handle it together which i think its fair.

well ... did both of you talk about money or debts that you both still hold before wedding ?

truthfully, i dont know how much my hubby have in bank or his credit card statement and never asked to see it but i did roughly asked if he is in debts, how is his repayment like, his bank got savings or not ...

we have a joint account for both of our savings and also individual account savings. Individual i leave it to him to settle but if he is in credit card debts, i would want to know about it and he does promise to tell me so that whatever happens ... we can handle it together which i think its fair.

We seldom talk about money, before married i m a student, everything was sponsored by him.

only recently i ask about his bank statement, and yesterday he mentioned that he have some amount of credit card debt due to wedding ceremony and not willing to share with me cause don't wan to increase my worries (I am unemployed now).

hmm.

ahh my guess is he feels responsible for those "debts" and didnt feel its right to let u worry abt the money use during the wedding.

for me n hubby we had sharing here n there about money talk, savings, how to stop buying so much unnecessary stuff n etc which is good for both of us to make sure dont over use, over buy n etc.

ahh my guess is he feels responsible for those "debts" and didnt feel its right to let u worry abt the money use during the wedding.

for me n hubby we had sharing here n there about money talk, savings, how to stop buying so much unnecessary stuff n etc which is good for both of us to make sure dont over use, over buy n etc.

Perhaps...

but i really wish he will share with me for all the money stuff. Although he got some debt, but he still encourage me buy some new clothes for myself. Really worry i might increase his debt. :S

well talk to him and you guys need to start somewhere. you also dont suddenly go into it and shock him like that esp after so many years you never bother to ask now out of sudden you ask him he also will definitely feel weird.

take 1 day just sit down and chat about "planning" for the future. Ask him what are his spending/commitment like ? i'm sure you know how much is his pay by now. So deduct on your own and you roughly knows whats left. Ask if he kept any savings ? discuss about what are both spending habits, what are the things you want to spend on moving forward like travel trips, splash on some dinner date & etc.

oh girl! what have you got yourself into now. a man will not hide anything from the person they trust. if u ask tactfully and got negative answer than you are in neverland. it's also depend on how you put your words together. you don't have to ask directly. u can always ask him if he need any help that you sense of. it's better to be empathy of his situation than speak to him to overcome the debts together. i think your situation now is not that bad yet. don't wait too long and later it's difficult and more argument. time to stand firm now.