chrys

Kitchen Counter Top

Got photos but not ready to show ppl yet... I am moving in first week of Jan... So be patient... :)

bet is going to be great, make a virtual house warming, haha

Can anyone help me on this. Where can i find someone(around old klang road or puchong area) to do a 6 feet concrete with 2 x 2 tiles on top.

How much will that cost and does the price come with doors at the bottom?

Thank you

the price for concrete structure with tile top and normal door should be between 200-250 per foot now

babysiew,

i got my cabinet top and laundry top cladded last month as well with Corian Glacier White, very happy with the installer workmanship too.... but hav to be very careful when using the top, no scorching hot utensils yah..... :happy:

babysiew,

i got my cabinet top and laundry top cladded last month as well with Corian Glacier White, very happy with the installer workmanship too.... but hav to be very careful when using the top, no scorching hot utensils yah..... :happy:

Hi CT,

I had actually called up Stuart recently as well for the solid surface counter top (thanks to babysiew for the contact no & info). He quoted me the same price as like u gals here. He did mentioned to me that will hv additional charge of RM 100 for dunno what type of sink...err...I not really understand.. :wacko3:

Mind to share with me any pics of your kitchen cabinet/ counter top? We are really so ngam ler..same AD, and I also just realize that our contractor for the kitchen cabinet is from InCube. :cheers:

haha.... we are all the same.... my kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, vanity drawer all from In-Cube too.... Gals, try to press In-Cube more, i managed to get free Blum soft-closing for all the doors for the dry kitchen cabinet, all in 13 pcs, for free.... some more got free T5 fluorescent counter light, full extend drawers, also free... hahaha... i think the sales must be very scared of me now.... :lol:

Staycool,

the rm100 is for transportation charge if your order for the solid top is < 10ft run.... sink mounting no surchage, but integrated sink is way >rm100.... i think a decent integrated sink is >rm250..... :ohmy:

Hi ceetee & babysiew,

Haha..all of us so ngam, engaged In-cube. My SA from Incube is from Damansara Perdana branch & I can said his service is quite good. Today I just went to their branch to pay 50% of the payment & they will fix my cabinet on early next month.

CT, I tried to press them for the soft closing thingy for the door but can't get it ler. Anyway, I also manage to press few FOC items from them. :lol:

Hi ceetee & babysiew,

Haha..all of us so ngam, engaged In-cube. My SA from Incube is from Damansara Perdana branch & I can said his service is quite good. Today I just went to their branch to pay 50% of the payment & they will fix my cabinet on early next month.

CT, I tried to press them for the soft closing thingy for the door but can't get it ler. Anyway, I also manage to press few FOC items from them. :lol:

Staycool,

Tell your SA your friend got lah, tell him to at least give few.... hahaha :lol:

Ok everyone... I got a very good news...

Solid Surface from Dupont Corian from USA is a very established and durable brand... Glacier White (colour) - I got quotation RM170 per foot run... It is so cheap!!! Market price is a lot higher than that... it includes supply and installation and it comes with a 10 yrs warranty from the day finish installing... price is same if u wan 40mm, 60mm or 75mm thickness just that the thicker it is, the more material usage... The supplier, I cannot quote his name and company here... but if u guys interested, pls PM me... his price is sooooo cheap! and his company 10 yrs experience in selling this... I saw their website... quite solid... the promotion is until 31 December 2008...

Very very excited!

If u wan Linen, White Jasmine, its rm200 per foot run...

If u wan Silver Birch, Dupont latest colour and product, its RM230... outside its RM360!!!!

Wah very excited...

Its 100% acrylic... no mix with any other material...

I would like to say a big thank you to babysiew for sharing this contact.

TSI installed my solid top and undermount sink and I can stare at it whole day :tongue:

Amazingly, I can still get the same prices quoted above 1 1/2 years ago.

TSI contractor did a superb job and I saw them using only original Corian glue. I have seen contractors using China glue and the joints turn yellow!

Struat and his staff at TSI are very professional and easy to deal with.

highly recommended.

Hi all,

Just want to share v you that please don't go for the "fake" granite.

I can't remember what issit called. It looked like granite but its the cheaper version.

I installed it years back and till today I totally regret it. Its full of marks and scratches! and seems got a layer of "cataract" after sometime.

JL

Hi babysiew, kalow, ceetee and staycool,

Thank you so much for sharing. I will be renovation my kitchen very soon. Would you mind sharing the following contacts and info?:

TSI

Incube

Would love to find out the quotations too.

Thanks again!

SavingEveryDrop,

I wish i can help but i have lost their contact number as i lost my phone memory 2 months ago...

Based on my bare mind,

i engaged Stuart also for solid surface, the quote i got same as the rest.

as for incube, the SA i got is from Kajang branch, i think his name is Chia, young handsome guy. Maybe u can chk online for their office numbers.

the whole package for my house includes 1x 4ft wardrobe, 1x 6ft wardrobe, 1x 4ft vanity drawer, 1x 6ft vanity drawer, 1x 4ft laundry cabinet, (all using laminated timber panel for door and treated fibre for inside) and 1x 10ft kitchen cabinet (using 3G material) + other free gifts = RM12k

Hope the info helps.

Hi all,

I heard from sunpizz that solid surface will turn yellowish if expose to direct sunlight...but the designer said it is durable and is stain-proof...but it is prone to scratch so she advise to use light color one so that the scratch is not so obvious..is all these true?

if i wan to use solid surface and plywood as the cabinet, will it be ok if i chop the chicken etc on the counter top? will it spoil the solid surface or the cabinet it self?

Hi all,

I heard from sunpizz that solid surface will turn yellowish if expose to direct sunlight...but the designer said it is durable and is stain-proof...but it is prone to scratch so she advise to use light color one so that the scratch is not so obvious..is all these true?

if i wan to use solid surface and plywood as the cabinet, will it be ok if i chop the chicken etc on the counter top? will it spoil the solid surface or the cabinet it self?

Actually solid surface table top is only good for dry kitchen concept not really good for wet kitchen typed especially if you planned to have a stove put there. From my experience :- Once I put a hot pot directly from the fire to the surface, left it for 10 mins or so and when I returned and pick up the pot there was a mark on the solid surface. I tried to clean up the mark but it just won't go off. No matter what I use the mark became a permanent feature on the solid surface table top. So, if you are planning to get solid surface get dark colored ones to hide any ugly marks or stain.

light colour solid surface:

pros: looks nice and clean, scratches are less visible

cons: if you put hot items (pot/plate/mug etc) on it, will leave yellowish mark on the surface

dark colour solid surface:

pros: dark colour, no yellowish mark will be seen. in the long term, you won't see your top has lots of yellowish circles overlapping here and there..

cons:scratches are more visible. even i put a knife on it, it will also leave a fine lines on the surface.

i chose black colour with some shiny dots dots for my top, and after 1 year ++, i can see some fine lines criss crossing :P

I am on the assumption that solid surface and granite are using the mdf/ wood as the base. thats what the contractor always tell me, seems that they never suggested concrete bottom with solid surface or granite