Sign in to follow this  
ANDREA OOI

Say No to Garden Wedding at LONE PINE HOTEL

27th November 2011 was the date i had my garden wedding at Lone Pine Hotel last year. Even it was one year ago, but i still cannot let go of the horrible event it was. Garden wedding is a dream for every bride, now it has been left as a horror memory to me for the rest of my life.

My wedding was the third wedding after Lone pine reopen last year. The wedding team is lead by Josephine. Everything is about money with Lone pine. The marquee tent is charged 3 times higher than the market price, the food is very lousy, and it cost me about 120++ per pax for the buffet selection.

i was disappointed because the team didnt help me to solve my problem when the disaster - RAIN - happened. i have to march in with mud water seeping through my silk heel; guests were sitting near to muddy field and pool of water due to the heavy rain. There was no contigency plan and advise provided from the wedding team. I remembered i was panicking when i see the rain drop became heavier..and Josephine (even she is the leader, no uniform wearing) was not helping to solve my problem.

Below is the email replied by her after the wedding. You do your own judgment...now i am being remembered as " bride in the rain"...i have not stepped a foot at Lone Pine ever since..even my photo shooting team complained that the hotel is lousy, and they are very experienced in the wedding field - andy wang photography.

Dear Andrea & Jimmy,

Good Day!

We hope this email finds you both well.

We thank you for your feedback and comments and your comments were thoroughly read through at our Department Heads daily briefing. We have taken down pointers and notes and we would like to assure you that training is ongoing for all our staff concerned.

It is through comments and feedback such as yours that we who are in the hospitality industry are able to improve ourselves further.

We wish you all the best in your future undertakings.

God bless.

-mail : josephine.yew@lonepinehotel.com

E-mail : info@lonepinehotel.com (Room Reservations)

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Sent: Tuesday, 14 December, 2010 5:44 PM

To: Josephine Yew

Cc: Jimmy See-yahoo; bl.khoo@lonepinehotel.com

Subject: garden wedding 28.11.2010

Josephine,

as i am clearing away all the documents and paper in regards to my wedding planning for the past 3 months, i realize i still owe u a feedback on our wedding dinner at your hotel.

last tuesday, we had a wonderful and fabulous wedding in KL at this restaurant name Loon Sing at Nilai (www.loonsing.com.my), comparing to Lone Pine, Loon sing restaurant is not a 5 stars hotel or restaurant, rather it is just a chinese restaurant with big convention hall. In fact, Loon sing is no where to be in the same par as Lone Pine hotel, but i would give 9.5 out of 10 for them for their service and attentiveness, and only 2 out of 10 for Lone Pine hotel.

There are a lots of bad feedback mainly on the hotel after 28th night, mainly from family members, relatives and friends:

1) Jimmy and i are being questioned of the buffet selection; i was being served with a big chunk of lamb fat at my plate, only small portion of meat stick on to the big chunk of fat. the food and the charged price is not even near standard. in fact, i was being questioned of STINGY AND CHEAP for choosing buffet. Guests thought cheaply of the food served that night.

2) why the foods being kept and cleaned away without asking the couple opinion, if i am not mistaken, the foods has been cleared around 10.15pm; we have the whole place booked until 11pm; yes the guests was leaving due to the bad weather and also the flooding ground at the table area, totally embarass to me and jimmy as we have to keep on apologize to guests because of the muddy ground.

3) why the head of coordinator is not properly attired that night, instead of wearing just a tshirt from lone pine. Guests and family members are puzzled of who to look for when need arise

4) my two guests checked into a room with guests still inside the room, after they waited for 2 hours for the room, friends are angry for the arrangement and chose not to stay at lone pine hotel, embarass for me and jimmy.

5) attitude problem from front desk manager, according to jimmy, her name is sierra or something.

6) garden music not properly played after or before the ceremony, YOU CANNOT BLAME EVERTHING TO THE RAIN AND THE BAD WEATHER HERE; reason given to me when the music was not played because the PA system is wet due to the rain, and the pa system is being set up in the garden with no cover up. it is not heavy rain, just drizzingly, and the pa system should set up indoor when drizzingly started, why it is not being done?

7) everything is charged this charged that money money money,in fact i have no problem of paying even i know lone pine rates is sky high and i expect for 5 stars service, ended up, LONE PINE disappoint me and jimmy.

8) when foods being served to VIP table, your waiter has no idea how to serve, no experience at all.

my conclusion is that all the failures and disaster happened because i think LONE PINE is not ready, your mind is not being set to care for a wedding, u treat wedding like any earning money event, wedding is once a life-time, once u srewed up, it is forever. You set the price sky high but lousy service. the only good thing i can think of Lone pine is the beautiful scenery and building, thats all. i would not recommend any of my friend for Lone pine that is for sure.

best regards

andrea