Sign in to follow this  
AnsonC

Hard to find excellent contractor

I just completed my 6-month house renovation, basically I extended my 75*22 terrace house by another extra 25 feet, I hacked all floorings, relocated all toilets, rebuild the entire kitchen, so it was a major renovation. I was very glad I got an excellent contractor, how good was he ?

- he pushed away all the other jobs just to focus on my house during the whole period of renovation,

- we worked on a lump sum deal, with the understanding as long as he has not started working on any part, I am free to change design ie. no VO, for such major renovation, a lot of times, you only know what you want when you reach the part, this has given me a lot of savings, and a lot of flexibility

- he helped me with the design of my house - light tough, tiles and design selection, doors, toilet, etc. etc - I literally did not spend a single cent hiring interior designer

-everyday he will be at my house, supervising every single work, whether it was his area of work or not, whether it was his supplier, or the supplier that I brought in

- he helped me shopped for suppliers for all my needs and negotiated a good price for me, I compared prices and quality between those I searched and those that he brought in, for most, his ones turned out better, and I also know that he did not get any commission from the suppliers that he brought in

- during the last few days before I moved him, he camped several of his guys at my place for touch ups and clean ups - he did not leave any trace of mess behind, and because my built-ins installation was terribly screwed up, his guys stayed late to help me clean up

- after I have moved in, so far it's been 2 weeks, anything I found, I called him, the next day he or his people will be there to fix for me

I've gone thru' many rounds of renvations with different people, it's hard to believe that I was fortunate enough this time round to get such excellent contractor!

I just completed my 6-month house renovation, basically I extended my 75*22 terrace house by another extra 25 feet, I hacked all floorings, relocated all toilets, rebuild the entire kitchen, so it was a major renovation. I was very glad I got an excellent contractor, how good was he ?

- he pushed away all the other jobs just to focus on my house during the whole period of renovation,

- we worked on a lump sum deal, with the understanding as long as he has not started working on any part, I am free to change design ie. no VO, for such major renovation, a lot of times, you only know what you want when you reach the part, this has given me a lot of savings, and a lot of flexibility

- he helped me with the design of my house - light tough, tiles and design selection, doors, toilet, etc. etc - I literally did not spend a single cent hiring interior designer

-everyday he will be at my house, supervising every single work, whether it was his area of work or not, whether it was his supplier, or the supplier that I brought in

- he helped me shopped for suppliers for all my needs and negotiated a good price for me, I compared prices and quality between those I searched and those that he brought in, for most, his ones turned out better, and I also know that he did not get any commission from the suppliers that he brought in

- during the last few days before I moved him, he camped several of his guys at my place for touch ups and clean ups - he did not leave any trace of mess behind, and because my built-ins installation was terribly screwed up, his guys stayed late to help me clean up

- after I have moved in, so far it's been 2 weeks, anything I found, I called him, the next day he or his people will be there to fix for me

I've gone thru' many rounds of renvations with different people, it's hard to believe that I was fortunate enough this time round to get such excellent contractor!

Sounds like his margin is extremely good. And what do you mean when you said some of your built-in installations were screwed up? Who was responsible for these? And how do you determine that the materials proposed by him were better than others that you viewed?

depends on luck mostly.

sometimes looking for those recommended from friends/relatives one also very terrible, they charged more and not good co-opperation in follow up cases.

Yes. I have a very bad experience with KK Lee from Evergreen Concept Designs. Please do not hire him! His contact no is  016-3845299 and 019-3959555 Address: No. 305, Block B, Jalan Matahari U5/102, Seksyen U5 Subang 2, 40170 Shah Alam.