LittleDevil

Do you invest in unit trust??

in any type of investment, just like what Daddyo said, he is right.

there are rules in any game, to ensure if anyone want to win the game,

stick to the rules.

below is what i learn from my agency, i am a unit trust consultant.

it serve as a guide, it just my experience, if you think it helps, keep it, if not, forget it :)

8RulesInvest.jpg

bcoz of market bad, i think some unit trust price have drop as well.... that's why for investment purpose i think it's a better time now to buy unit trust... provided you intend to keep it for long term investment though...

in any type of investment, just like what Daddyo said, he is right.

there are rules in any game, to ensure if anyone want to win the game,

stick to the rules.

below is what i learn from my agency, i am a unit trust consultant.

it serve as a guide, it just my experience, if you think it helps, keep it, if not, forget it :)

8RulesInvest.jpg

I do invest in unit trust. and I did encourge my hb, relatives & friends as well....cau we musy work smart for our life.....and the advantages of unit trust are low risk compare to others investment tool, return quite consoderable (medium to long term), diversification, capitalism....importantly try to follow the game rule.....happy invest......

Hi,

Yeah investing is definitely a tricky business, and it is risky.

Investments are divided into low, medium, high risks. With high risk investments come high returns. This includes trading in the stock market in "hot" stocks. Low risk investments include things like FD and bonds. Medium risk is stuff like property.

The important thing is to 1. read up as much as you can, not only with local but international news as well to see where the global economy is headed. 2. Have a financial planner/ unit trust agent you trust and respect. He or she should know your financial position and be able to advise you with what's best.

Usually, this involves diversifying your portfolio, i.e. having a mix of all 3 types of investments.

Along with that one should also purchase a good amount of insurance. This I do see as a kind of investment, many however sadly, see it as an expense.

With rising costs of medical bills it's important to be covered. People are living longer than expected... say you work from 25-55. Then you live from 55-85. Better have some good coverage to take care of any problems that may arise!

Also important is to have an investment/retirement plan that will be able to pay for you during those winter years.

Put all these things into a file, review it from time to time. You know it's ready when you feel comfortable with what you have.

If anyone needs a good financial planner that does not only unit trusts but your entire portfolio, please PM me. I have someone who has been doing the planning for me, nice lady, I'm quite happy with her work. She isn't the pushy type.

Either way, it's good to meet a few of them first and see what their proposals are and what they have to say about your situation. The one who gives you the best answer is the one you should pick and stick to.

ps... I do invest in unit trusts and other things, and yes when the economy goes down, it's the best time to buy them :D

`CS

Investments in the share market will always have some risk. This is because the stock market never sits still or moves in a steady manner. It either goes up or goes down. Currently, it is tracking the global markets quite closely but still the local stock market is not fluctuating as wildly as the markets in US, Japan or Hong Kong.

Our local market players are quite sidelined at the moment just waiting for the current downtrend to play itself out. The majority of the foreign funds seem to have pulled out or are still pulling out of our market, probably to go into cash as they anticipate the market to go down further. They may buy when it is at a low enough level, 750 points to 800 points where valuations become really good (depending on the counter), quality ones are the well known ones such as Resorts, Genting, BAT, YTL, Tenaga, etc...

Just be careful when you buy any counter on the local bourse as the many companies listed here vary greatly in terms of quality of management and their business performance will depend on whether their focused industry is going up, down or stagnating. Some companies have even folded up after their management absconded with the borrowed loans from banks, leaving the shareholders holding practically worthless pieces of paper, (Megan media, etc). Current Crude palm oil prices have fallen through after some years of impressive high prices, now the only way is down.... probably due to slowing global demand for commodities reflecting the current state the world economy is going through. So you can see the plantation stocks are going downwards...

Unemployment will hit quite a lot of people. Without jobs, they would need to cut down on their spending and look for alternative sources of income..

In the 1986/87 recession, there were long lines of graduates looking for work... some took up jobs in 7 Eleven or opened businesses at pasar malams ... the construction industry was quite badly hit and some architects and QS and engineering consultants were jobless for a long time, and some eventually took up other types of jobs to survive.... any type of work. Some offered to work for free for a 6 month probation period so that the new employer can assess their performance before confirming them.. Can you imagine applying for a job together with 20,000 applicants for just one vacancy?

We are really hoping against hope that recession will not come again to our country. But mere hopes will not make reality go away. We do not live on an island, as the whole world is interconnected in one way or another. If US and Europe sinks, we will be dragged down as well, economically speaking. So hopefully the governments of US and Europe can fix the mess they are in as soon as they can...

Hope I am not painting a picture that is too depressing...

On the bright side, what goes down will go up eventually .... Right now, we are in a situation where what has gone up too high is now coming down... especially the real estate market in the US, it grew to become a big bubble over the years and has now been deflated..

Basically, depends on when you dump your money into unit trust... right now would be a pretty good time, since the price are down.... You have to sell your unit trust when people start telling you about 100% return... that's when the market have peaked... I've done my share of earning just prior to the economic slowdown using the same principle... :)

ASN is one of the better choice for safe return and capital protected product...since the FD is going down (3.5%pa)

There is one bank which sell product like ASN also...it's call "invest safe"...the return is higher (about 5%) and it's capital protected....and it's suitable for people which don't want to take higher risk and look for safe return....