Infinity83

In need of Penang Vendor Promos for Wedding

Hi there,

Hope i can find some help with wedding vendors in Penang on here...

Our wedding is on a Saturday in June - July, 2013 in Penang.

As i am planning my wedding mostly from overseas, i won't have the chance to attend any bridal expos. If any of you girls are attending any bridal expos with vendors servicing Penang that have good promo deals going, can you please msg me on this forum to let me know?

The vendors I require:

Photographer

Cinematographer

Band or DJ (must have own speakers & equipment)

Bus or Mini Bus Charter Hire - with chauffeur

Florist (for bouquets - bride & bridesmaids, boutonierres and maybe rose petals)

Hair Stylist

Makeup Artist

Non-denominational (civil) celebrant

Wedding Invitations - of scroll design

Maybe catergory of vendors:

Bridal dress and photography packages / pre-wedding photo shoot

Bridal Couture - custom bridal dress maker (with experience in beading work)

Dressmaker (for Cheong-Sam)

Photobooth

Other services/items:

Bonbonierre (wedding guest gifts)

Alcohol saler - beer, wine and spirits

I'm only after vendors that are offering promo or a very competitive price. If they're expensive, then no interest.

Thanks!

P.S. - Hope all the upcoming BTBs are finding it quite easy, planning your wedding preparations :)

wedding cards : www.onetree.com.my

boutonnierres , corsages & cake : www.funbakez.blogspot.com

videographer : euwing tham from "with love" - also an associate with stories.my

Wow, you are so detailed! *thumbs up* Where are you having your wedding in Penang? I think the hotel might be able to help you with some of your requirements?

Pororo, maybe Infinity83 is working on tight budget!

best of luck for your wedding infinity! may u two ever live as a happy couple. my best wishes are with ya two

Bellaz, thank your for your kind, sweet wishes!!! :smile:

May I wish you all the best for a Happy Ever After! :cheers:

Wow, you are so detailed! *thumbs up* Where are you having your wedding in Penang? I think the hotel might be able to help you with some of your requirements?

Pororo, maybe Infinity83 is working on tight budget!

Hi Karen, Thanks! :blush:

All the best with your December 2012 wedding! It's not long now, so i hope things just fall into place for you.

You are right though, i am on a reasonably tight budget though as we have picked a more upmarket hotel. Therefore, we are sacrificing elsewhere within our wedding budget.

Don't worry about Pororo, I suspect her to be the assistant of a vendor whom I had difficulties with.

As with all vendors you should try to negotiate something you are happy with and the contract terms and details of vendor services are VERY IMPORTANT! Often contracts written up by the vendors are written in a way that may side with the vendor (naturally) and may miss certain terms and conditions to satisfy your needs, as the client. Always get EVERYTHING in writing, as verbal promises leave you with no leg to stand on if anything goes wrong. Although, we always hope that nothing goes wrong! :smile:

One vendor i encountered was willing to offer a 10% discount to book them for 2 services. Unfortunately, due to my budget and being able to book only 1 service, I enquired for a 2.5% discount. The vendor was unyielding and futhermore, could not give me accurate information for the price of extras, with the prices changing through the emails. This made me suspicious of price hikes. After negotiations over 4 weeks and somewhat slow replies, i had to ask for the contract 3 times for preliminary perusal and expressed that I wanted to put a deposit down upon satisfaction with the contract, with NO contract ever forthcoming and only to be told they had now received a booking. I do feel misled, as after 4 weeks of discussion, the vendor could have been more honest and told me there was other interest in my date instead of dragging me on before i could put a deposit down, wasting everyone's time.

I'm finding that as an overseas bride, the minute you mention you are from a western country, some vendors appear to be less willing to offer you a good price and are more likely to see $$$ signs. However, not all of us living in western countries have large amounts of money to spend on a Malaysian wedding or any wedding for that matter, even with the exchange rates.

I think i've written enough now, lol.

Inifnity...yes, it is tedious to arrange all these from overseas...but thx to Internet...you have tons of options. One thing to be cautious :

There were many couples who planned 1 year ahead...which is great!....but along the way...they took too long to confirm their vendors...and thought that 6 months later they will still have a lotta time to slowly pick which vendor they want..only to find out their 1st choice Vendors are booked d by other couples.

Make sure this doesnt happen to your Wedding ya. Choose your fav Vendors quick, confirm with a confirmation fee as early as you can.

Time ticks by very fast. You can trust me on this. You dont want to end up disappointed like many couples.

Hi Infinity,

Thanks for the heads up! Agree with Daniel that it is not easy to arrange overseas! I have managed to get my preferred photographer for my wedding and my fiance suggested that we shouldn't worry too much about the T&C because business terms can be discussed, so no need to be so picky and read every single line. So within 3 hours of calls and discussion with my fiance and bestie, we booked our photographer of choice and luckily our wedding is on a weekday, so still a lot of vendors and hotels are available! Phew!! What a sigh of relief!

Anyway, where are you from? Weddings here are not cheap but at least your guests might give you an ang pow during reception to help cover costs. But that depends if you are having a chinese reception or not. I'm not sure what other cultures practise tho'. :P

Good luck in your planning ya! All The Best!!

Hi Infinity,

i'm getting married soon and i'm groom instead of bride. As a matter of fact, i'm handling everything!!! I understand how u feel and hope you have found your self a good photographer.

On the other hand, i'm still searching for one, do you have any recommendation?

Hi Infinity,

i'm getting married soon and i'm groom instead of bride. As a matter of fact, i'm handling everything!!! I understand how u feel and hope you have found your self a good photographer.

Hi LK Tan,

I would recommend Ke Wynn of Whizarts! :)

Good luck!

Hi Infinity,

Hi LK Tan,

Good luck!

Thanks for recommendation. I've look through their photos, but its not to what i'm looking for. Thanks.

Hi Infinity,

Hi LK Tan,

Good luck!

Thanks for recommendation. I've look through their photos, but its not to what i'm looking for. Thanks.

Different people...different taste. Agree?

Inifnity...yes, it is tedious to arrange all these from overseas...but thx to Internet...you have tons of options. One thing to be cautious :

There were many couples who planned 1 year ahead...which is great!....but along the way...they took too long to confirm their vendors...and thought that 6 months later they will still have a lotta time to slowly pick which vendor they want..only to find out their 1st choice Vendors are booked d by other couples.

Make sure this doesnt happen to your Wedding ya. Choose your fav Vendors quick, confirm with a confirmation fee as early as you can.

Time ticks by very fast. You can trust me on this. You dont want to end up disappointed like many couples.

Hi Daniel Lee, Thanks for the advice! ;)

I'm trying to book vendors as quick as i can. It does make it hard when they can answer questions slowly (over days) and sometimes drag out giving you a contract to look at because they have other prospective clients for your date in a more lucrative, expenses paid destination away job, that they haven't told you about.

Thank goodness for the internet though! :)

Hi Infinity,

Thanks for the heads up! Agree with Daniel that it is not easy to arrange overseas! I have managed to get my preferred photographer for my wedding and my fiance suggested that we shouldn't worry too much about the T&C because business terms can be discussed, so no need to be so picky and read every single line. So within 3 hours of calls and discussion with my fiance and bestie, we booked our photographer of choice and luckily our wedding is on a weekday, so still a lot of vendors and hotels are available! Phew!! What a sigh of relief!

Anyway, where are you from? Weddings here are not cheap but at least your guests might give you an ang pow during reception to help cover costs. But that depends if you are having a chinese reception or not. I'm not sure what other cultures practise tho'. :P

Hi Karen, So glad to hear you managed to get your photographer sorted! :) It still took 3 hours on the phone though, right? Who did you book? Where are you havving your wedding?

I'm in Sydney, but marrying in Penang.

I tried to call the photographer vendor several times (from Australia to Malaysia), they were unable to confirm much over the phone as the assistant didn't seem to have full knowledge of the services and products and the photographer NEVER replied to any of the emails asking specifics and preferred to deal through his assistant via emails (busy probably), which is fine, except it's 1-4 days between emails. I would've loved to have been able to sort it out in a couple of phone calls as it's easier.

Hi Infinity,

HI L K. Tan,

Good luck with your wedding preparations! :smile: Glad to see you are a hands on groom! :thumbsu:

Where in Malaysia are you having your wedding?

What kind of photography style do you like? I've been scouring alot of photographers and have approximate quotes for some.

Cheers.

Hi Infinity,

Hi LK Tan,

Good luck!

Different people...different taste. Agree?

That's why variety is good :wink: more choice for everyone.

Hi Infinity,

Hi Karen, So glad to hear you managed to get your photographer sorted! :) It still took 3 hours on the phone though, right? Who did you book? Where are you havving your wedding?

I'm in Sydney, but marrying in Penang.

I tried to call the photographer vendor several times (from Australia to Malaysia), they were unable to confirm much over the phone as the assistant didn't seem to have full knowledge of the services and products and the photographer NEVER replied to any of the emails asking specifics and preferred to deal through his assistant via emails (busy probably), which is fine, except it's 1-4 days between emails. I would've loved to have been able to sort it out in a couple of phone calls as it's easier.

Hi Infinity,

Well, we didn't need 3 hours on the phone. That was for us to make the decision after getting the prices from the few photogs we were considering. We had considered Paul, Ke Wynn, Kenneth Tan, Edwin Tan, Alex Tan, Jenny Sun and Zung, but after that, we settled with Edwin Tan as some of them are overseas during that time and therefore it was a really easy decision to make. All it really took was a few emails, a few calls and I would estimate a total of 45 minutes with him and then some discussions with the paymaster/fiance (hehe) and we had transferred the deposit to him!

His enthusiasm to shoot our wedding was also another factor, as we are actually having our little beach wedding on fiance's family's private island off Pangkor!! :)))

So sorry to hear about your predicament, it sounds like a lot of emails were exchange in the one month! I sure hope you manage to get your choice of photographer booked soon and then you can just move on to other things! As we speak, we're sorting out my guest list and it's such a headache! Ahhh! *screams*

LK Tan, OMG I tot KeWynn's work was really nice but I guess taste is subjective after all....Anyway, I think it's great you're doing all that, wifey must be secretly smiling behind! Have you managed to find your photographer?? Maybe you can take a look at the other photographers I mentioned? ;)

Anyway have a great weekend the both of you!

U're better off getting a wedding home who will do everything and provides u a excellent and DEEP DISCOUNTED cost if that is what u r after

I don't see how asking for a 2.5% discount is wanting a "deep discount." Please read my post above thoroughly before making such ridiculous insinuations.

Hello,

Read here that you might be looking for With Love to video shoot your memorable day. Well, because we just relaunched, we're offering the first 5 clients who confirm with us a RM500 discount! :) So, if you're interested, check us out at facebook.withlove.my, or email us at hello@withlove.my :)

Hi Infinity,

Hi LK, I salute you for handling everything! :thumbsu: Usually it the bride who has to handle most of it.