babysiew

Bak Foong Pills

mine is from Eu Yan Sang.

Taking 1 bottle a week.

Actually I didnt know there is other brand :P lol. I'm not that familiar with Chinese medicine n stuff.

me too... i also heard from eu yan sang only... how to be a member to get the discount ya? go to the store and sign up? one bottle a week ar... i heard some is big pill some is small pill... urs is?

i also dont know how to be a member i just buy normal price actually.

i was advise to take 1 bottle a week and the sales didnt explain much say its the same ingredients just that some prefer to take the bigger pill (less) as smaller pills have more to swallow but easier for some.

dear all

this my opnion only.. currently i taking tcm... i asked the sinseh she said take bak zhen is more effective than pak foong pills.

wah i found this:

Ba zhen tang 八珍湯

Name of Formula: ba zhen tang

Application: qi and blood deficient (qixu and xue xu) with yinxu with heat, pixu (weak digestion), lack of strength, emanciated muscles, bleeding after birth or during pregnancy, anemia with dizziness, blurry vision with palpitation, pale complexion, weakness after sickness, irregular menses, as tonic before and after giving birth.

Composition:

sheng jiang 3 slices, ren shen 12 g, dang gui 12 g, da zao 12 g, bai zhu 12 g,

chuan xiong 12 g, fu ling 12 g, shao yao 12 g, gan cao 6 g, shu di huang 12 g.

Add 1,200 cc of water. Simmer till about 320 cc is left.

Take before meal, while warm.

Adjustment of formula:

1. achy loin:add niu xi, du zhong.

2. lack of appetite:add shan yao, shan zha, mai ya, qian shi.

3. blood deficient) with headache:add man jing zi, gao ben.

4. to regulate menses:add yi mu cao.

5. habitual miscarriage:add sha ren, zi su.

6. chronic ulceration of boils:add rou gui, huang qi. Then it is called shi quan da bu tang

7. excessive fetus movements:add huang qi, xu duan, huang qin, sha ren.

Note: In cases of qixu (qi deficient) with blood deficient and dislike cold, use this formula (ba zhen tang); but qixu (qi deficient) with xuexu (blood deficient) with yangxu (yang deficient) use shi quan da bu tang.

Note: ba zhen tang derives from the combination si wu tang and si jun zi tang With added rou gui, huang qi, it is called shi quan da bu tang

八珍湯

(四物湯四 君子湯名為八珍湯)

主治﹕

氣虚血 虚 而有 陰虛內熱,脾胃虧損,食慾不振,肢體無力, 肌肉消瘦,胎產崩漏, 體虛衰弱,貧血頭暈,目眩心悸,面色蒼白,病後衰弱,月經不調,腰痛,產前產後調養。

處方﹕

生薑 三 片, 人參 三 錢, 當歸 三 錢, 大棗 三 枚 ,白朮 三 錢, 川 芎 三錢, 茯苓 三 錢, 芍藥 三錢,甘草 錢半, 熟地黃 三 錢。

水三碗﹐煎八分。

飯前溫服。

加減:

1. 腰骨痠痛:加牛 膝杜 仲

2. 納呆:加山 藥山 楂麥 芽芡 實

3. 血虛頭痛:加蔓 荊子

4. 調經:加益母草

5. 慣性流 産:加砂 仁紫 蘇

6. 瘡口不收:加肉 桂黃 耆名曰十全十補湯

7. 胎動不安:加黃 耆續 斷黃 芩砂 仁

註﹕

血虛畏寒者使用本方。

氣虛, 血虛,兼陽虛 手足冰冷者使用十全十補湯

此方﹐一錢 = 3.75 克。(舊制)

Bak Zhen soup can drink anytime or got specific timing like after period ?

Men also can drink ?

My Gynae doctor said, no good always taking Pak Foong pills unless with condition because prone to uterine(worm) fibroid... Based on his experinces, he found out most of his chinese patients got fibroid also because of taking Pak Foong pills... After I heard it, I not dare to take d...

my friend had a miscarriage and took Bak Foong pills and got pregnant immediately after not sure how it helps but she say she felt better taking the Bak Foong pills

As for fibroid, well when i was pregnant last year my doc saw a fibroid in my uterus and he told me ... generally most of the women have fibroid in our body and it is just whether where it is, does it block, grow and etc. Most of the time we dont even know we have them and he told me its so normal that he dont worry much about it unless it kept growing for no reason.

yes i also heard bak foong pill actually warm ur womb and makes it condusive for pregnancy... my mum making bak zhen for me... she just made dong guai soup...

Bak Zhen soup can drink anytime or got specific timing like after period ?

Men also can drink ?

I have actually drank it before... that was like 20 years ago LOL. Am sure my mom wasn't trying to convert me to become a woman. Believe she heard it from a sensai that Man can drink too but in moderation.

I have no idea what it was then but its taste really bad :( Puked several times when I had it. I had it once or twice and I said "that's it" no more for me. That means my sisters have to drink most of it LOL!

Now I am married and thank god my wife hated Bak Zhen too. But she does take Pak Foong Pill from Eu Yan Sang. The one that she is taking are those in small form pills ... easy to swallow.

If any of you ladies are taking Pak Foong Pills, do take it with luke warm water ... or if you prefer, warm water. Dont take it with cool water and of course alcohol lar. Am sure you should know.

According to my wife's aunty, she said that for general health, take once a week (Pak Foong Pills). Stop taking it when you are having your period and continue back 4 days after its cleared. Wah... i sounded like pro only. But then again, please do check this with qualified staff of Eu Yan Sang... which we did. Never assume that because someone told u its good and you just do it without consulting professional. Old wives tale does gets you in trouble.

Regards

Stephen

www.rollofexposures.com

clappinglizard,

thank you for sharing ... yup in moderation i think for guy to drink is ok just not like who bowl on his own :) didnt know that bak zhen is bitter ... sigh then there is high possibility that i dont drink this soup as well lol

maybe just to share.. i was adviced by my sis in law to take bak foong pills as it helps to conceive..i started taking it for about a month or more and the result was positive! unfortunately at my 5weeks, i had natural MC.. now im back taking 1 bottle per week and i reallt hope it helps...also coming week im trying to boil dong guai.. hopefully it will help too..

I used to consume "bak foong yuen" from Eu Yan Sang. No doubt it's effective, especially to regulate your menstrual, and reduce menstrual pain. I took one bottle per month only, few days after my period ends.

Later i change to ba zhen, boil with one whole black chicken, once a month, consume a few days after my period ends. The result is as effective to as 'bak foong yuen', but a lot more cheaper (1 packet is RM5 or RM8), can buy easily from Chinese medical hall.

Maybe because I like to drink chinese herbal soup, I would prefer ba zhen :) My hubby also drinks, but bear in mind this soup is very heaty. Boil with more water, or drink more water after drink ba zhen, else you may encounter fever or nose bleed. Same goes with "dong guai"

Maybe because of this practice, I am able to conceive with no problems. 3 kids within 5 years.

It's your judgement ;)

can i know how long shld i boil dong guai and how often should i drink it? it for wht purpose ya? thks! drink

I buy the "dong guai" from chinese medical hall, and ask the staff to cut into thin slices. I usually put some pieces when steam with kampung chicken & "kei ji". A few pieces is enough (5-6 pieces, middle size chicken) , coz it's very heaty.

Or just boil with chicken, as soup. 2-3 hours should be sufficient.

One thing you need to remember about this herb is that it is excellent in toning the female organs and systems. They are good for irregular menses, menstrual anemia, cramps and constipation.

However it is not recommended during pregnancy.

More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelica_sinensis

Hi All,

I am selling FC BIO SANITARY PAD, it's effective in combating period pain, discharge and itchiness.

Please add me on FB(hsuwern@yahoo.com) to ask me regarding the product.

Thanks so much.