leongal

False positive pregnancy test

Has anyone experience this before?

What are the chances of this happening? (Another thing to fear when we see positive result!)

Who are likely to experience this?

leongal,

maybe you can explain more about what you meant by " false positive pregnancy test "

as far as I understand if your pregnancy test shows 2 lines irregardless how faint they are it is a positive pregnancy. What happens if it turns negative after some time ? well, simple explanation is miscarriage occurs.

There are times miscarriage occurs without even the mom knowing. You can google it to find more information about this topic. Even the BBT chart if you do some research on other's chart you can see it happening as well.

Who are likely to experience this ?... ANY women. With our without then knowing.

false positive pregnancy test - meaning the test shows that you are pregnant, but later found out from doctor that you are not pregnant

Well then i guessed i explain why already in my earlier post. You can read more about it by googling as well. Did this happen to you ?

The other i read and heard about is false pregnancy syndrome. All signs show pregnant but test and ultrasound shows its not.

As per my working experience as medical lab testing, YES, any test also may has false result, including UPT. It may due to hormonal, some medication or even cleaning solution. Some people might wish to clean their private part "clean" first before urinated it, but they do not wash it off properly, the soapy content may cause the result to be false positive. It happen before, she is a foreign worker.

It is important to read throught the product insert instruction too. It will indicate the result should be read within 10-15 minutes or so on, if you read it later than that, the result may not accurate even it should a faint line.