Sign in to follow this  
bewwytoria

how to cover BCG keloid scar?

the MUA from the 1st bridal boutique that i visited told me it's a very common problem among her brides and it can be covered with makeup. i wonder how true that is? perhaps it's like covering a tattoo, but a keloid scar has a smooth surface skin and in my case it's pretty big (as in raised too) and red. really sad to see all the nice strapless gowns and dresses but i can't wear them without exposing that ugly thing :(

and so far i haven't seen a gown with sleeves that i really really like. will a shawl go well with the strapless gown? are there brides who use (or "recycle") their veil (assuming it's a longggg veil) as a shawl?

appreciate your suggestions.

they will photoshop it out so no worries at all. thats the photographer's job to do so

I had the same problem as you. My BCG is also a raised keloid scar. You can tell your MUA to cover the redness with foundation or skin tone powder so that it's less obvious. Just be careful when you stand next to your husband as the foundation may stick to his black coat and cause a stain.

Don't worry about it...just wear whatever you like. All my gowns are strapless and it didn't bother me. :)

I had the same problem as you. My BCG is also a raised keloid scar. You can tell your MUA to cover the redness with foundation or skin tone powder so that it's less obvious. Just be careful when you stand next to your husband as the foundation may stick to his black coat and cause a stain.

Don't worry about it...just wear whatever you like. All my gowns are strapless and it didn't bother me. :)

either way the bump will still be very visible hmmm.

yeah i'm worried about staining his coat with the foundation too. i hope my MUA can do some magic...