Sign in to follow this  
bewwytoria

which finger to wear proposal ring & wedding ring?

i've always thought that the diamond (proposal) ring and wedding ring are to be worn together on the same finger (i.e. ring finger on the left hand). until one day, the gf of a guy friend of mine told me she thought i was already married because i had my diamond ring on the ring finger of the left hand. i told her no, i'm just engaged, not married yet (ROM & AD in September).

and so she was very adamant in telling me that if you're engaged, the proposal ring should be on the middle finger of the right hand, and then after AD, the wedding ring must be on the ring finger on the right hand. which got me so confused, is there like a written rule on which finger on which hand the proposal & wedding rings should be worn? she was pretty hard up on how i wore my ring, where as she... hasn't even had her ROM and she and her FH were already wearing their wedding ring?!

*smack head*

i think the usual chinese custom is men wear rings on the left ring finger and women on the right. your friend follows this i guess.

but i follow the western way of wearing the proposal ring on the left ring finger and then after AD, both rings on the left ring finger too.

totally up to you to follow, don't let your friend dictate you. :)

oh yeah i think the chinese custom has this "guy - left, girl - right" kinda thing. to me it's more about convenience because i'm right-handed so i wouldn't want to scratch my ring(s) when i do work with my right hand. astonishingly my friend's gf didn't want to agree with me and she showed me some kinda "face". oh well...

Hehe. Why she so worried about which finger your ring is? Silly.

Really not do bothered with it. Engaged or married...eventually together! (of course some few cases, not but that is not the issue).

It matters not to me where it is. My engagement ring is actually a wedding ring and I have it on my left ring finger. Perhaps after the wedding, my wedding band will take place on the left ring finger and the engagement ring on my right ring finger. The left is always closer to heart. :)

i have 2 ring ...engagement ring and wedding band

i wore both on my left hand 4th finger according to western custom as how my parents and my parents in law wore them. I dont care what "friends" say as long as i wear it MY WAY since its mine :P

To All of you who owns a Diamond ring, it is now pretty common to have diamond falling out of its settings. Pls be careful! To those who wanna know more about my horrific nightmare with WC, pls PM me! Bought 0.52 crt diamond ring from WC, diamond dropped off after 3 mths wearing . I'm most willing to share my experience, pictures, and emails with you! Pls share this thread & Spread the word so that no one will have to endure this kinda loss again!

http://www.facebook...._t=feed_comment

www.facebook.com

why not just share it here instead of PM-ing, since you have already mentioned what has happened. please save yourself and others from the PM trouble ;)