orangebook

Church Wedding Fee

Hi,

Is it common for a church to charge its members a fee to hold a wedding ceremony? My FH and I are planning to have a wedding ceremony at our church, but were surprised to find out there is a RM500 fee to use the venue. FH is quite unhappy about it.

yes we need to pay a fee to church and cleaning fee too becoz we rent the venue and using their electricity, aircond and etc. the fee is vary depend on church charges

Hi,

Is it common for a church to charge its members a fee to hold a wedding ceremony? My FH and I are planning to have a wedding ceremony at our church, but were surprised to find out there is a RM500 fee to use the venue. FH is quite unhappy about it.

Yup, my church is charged as well, but around RM200-300, depend on half day / full day. Only for the hall rental not included cleaning, decoration etc etc.

Hi,

hi, if you looking for photographer, just let us know, www.alphotoproduction.com

charging a fee for the wedding ceremony is usual. mean Church has its overhead costs for instance electricity. yeah one should negotiate with the church offcialdom to lessen the amount of rent charged. it depends from person to person

u shd really be thankful that the church is charging ONLY RM500 considering all the misc aftermath mess.

i have looked around rental cost of other locations (outside church) where it actually cost an extra 'zero' (meaning RM5000) just for rental of venue.

My church charged RM200 for the use of church hall + airconditioning & another RM350 for 4 flower bouquets (which are not allow to take back home). Outside decorators/florists are not allowed in.

ya. It is very common in KL too. My friend had her wedding in church(she is church member), the fees is rm1500 for half day.

My church, is FOC.

as everyone is saying yes churchs charge for holding a wedding cermany. I think fee they charge is not too high specially in malaysia evryone can afford it.