hi,

Who can let me know the cost for simple wedding, and anyone can intro me MUA for actual day and dinner?

I quite worry on wedding banquet that cannot cover and over budget. Still need to but a lot thing like dowry and etc.... Pls intro where can get it cheaper.... I hope not over 15k

How simple you want it to be?

I think, no matter how simple it is, you still need roughly 30k.

As for the banquet, it depends on your guests. If you are invite those bosses, taukeh then the banquet might be able to cover.

I'm from Kuching, I had 44 tables and almost 3 tables are empty and yes, the banquet not able to cover and we still need to fork out 4k-5k for it.

How simple i want that will be in my dream @_@" because my bf family want to have wedding dinner....at mentakab and need gua dai lai, bla bla bla....so will have 2 section for wedding dinner 1 at mentakab another 1 at kl...my side at kl. so

I might be not alot guess all also close friend and family only. I think not more then 20 table.... ur 30k spend on ?

Yes, I spent roughly that amount.

But is excluding the $$ that we spent on moving into new house, if total up is a lot.

If just for the wedding itself, yes. But in KL, I believe the cost per table is higher than in Kch, so you can roughly work out the calculation.

I do have a live band, but is FOC and I spent nearly RM2k for the simple sound system and lighting.

I have wedding favour where I source and bought a year before my wedding.

I have my own tailor made gowns (wedding + evening) = RM1.2k - very very budget.

I have my own kwa = RM450

I don't go to bridal shop but hire photographers for pre-wedding and actual day shooting.

Just that I'm lucky to have those friendship price, otherwise RM30k is definitely not enuf.

Wow.... I got friend told me that wedding dinner no need to worry b'cos angpao can cover for the wedding dinner...

I calculate for pre-wedding photo already 3899, i haven't include other for MUA, wine & Liquid, photographer for actual day, angpao and other dowry stuff

Hi, beautifulgown,

I'm thinking of DIY too instead of having a BS. The only thing I am doubt is on bridal car decoration. Would be able to do it by myself? I have no idea on how to tie ribbon, cloth etc on the car. It would be grateful if you could share on this.

Thanks & cheers !

i got think about the wedding dinner at least have 10k to backup...in case rugi...Now i only understand that marriage is very suffer...in btw both family side want this & that and i want to cut cost so will no do for it ....

Cheer up Ivy !

Money is always an big issue in wedding. Make it as simple as possible, the most important thing is both you live happily after marriage. Yea, I know, talk is always much better than do! The families will have a lot of different demand, furthermore both side had different opinion and culture.

I am in the same shoes too and now trying not too give too much pressure to FH and myself. I discuss the issue with my family and luckily I got my beloved sibling to support me.

Dont put yourself in debt because of marriage. Hopefully you can get through it soon...

Hi Yeo Siew Chin,

Thank you, I hope they not demanding anything since already out of my plan... My & my bf plan just for for register, pre- wedding photo and have a dinner with family...end up came out alot of opinion, want traditional culture !! actual day & wedding dinner.

We got no choice because my bf is 1 of the son. I have to respect his parent so we go for wedding dinner...

I need to relex myself... So when is ur actual date ?

will the parents agree to a small simple lunch after registration ?? i think its nice and simple and cozy...just close family members and friends. :)

Hi, beautifulgown,

I'm thinking of DIY too instead of having a BS. The only thing I am doubt is on bridal car decoration. Would be able to do it by myself? I have no idea on how to tie ribbon, cloth etc on the car. It would be grateful if you could share on this.

Thanks & cheers !

Hi siew chin , decorating your bridal car is the least of your worries if u choose to DIY. Many places offer bridal car deco , some even will go to your doorstep and decorate you car for u.

U can try something special 2 u in SS2. They do doorstep car bridal deco if I recall correctly ;)

Hope I've helped;)

Yes, I spent roughly that amount.

But is excluding the $$ that we spent on moving into new house, if total up is a lot.

If just for the wedding itself, yes. But in KL, I believe the cost per table is higher than in Kch, so you can roughly work out the calculation.

I do have a live band, but is FOC and I spent nearly RM2k for the simple sound system and lighting.

I have wedding favour where I source and bought a year before my wedding.

I have my own tailor made gowns (wedding + evening) = RM1.2k - very very budget.

I have my own kwa = RM450

I don't go to bridal shop but hire photographers for pre-wedding and actual day shooting.

Just that I'm lucky to have those friendship price, otherwise RM30k is definitely not enuf.

Hi beautifulgown,

How much you spend for your actual day shooting since you don't go for bridal shop?

I will have 2 sections of wedding dinner like Ivy too. One in Miri and another one in Kuching!

Hi Ivy,

I can feel how you feel too!

I'm the only daughter and my bf also the only son! And we are trying to make everything as budget and simple as possible.

(>.<) When will be your actual date?

Thanks LIng for the recommendation. Shen Yeo is well known in Kuching !

You mentioned about the freelance make up artist. Can you please PM her contact numbers ? I think MUA as important as photographer, they must be someone that you feel comfortable working with in order to produce good result.

The bridal car, i finally know how to tie the ribbon and already got the idea how to decorate it. I love DIY too and I believe good things not necessary must be expensive. Agree?

Frankly, we yet to know when is our AD lor... it should be somewhere next year but not yet fixed. Feeling wanna to fix a date so i can get started soon. ^^

Siew Chin,

Yea you should fix a date first.

I was in a "blur'' and "what should i do first" mode when I yet to fix the date.

Do you plan to go for bridal shop for shooting?

I know now there's bridal fair going on at somewhere at 7th miles there.

There'll be another bridal fair going on in June at Boulevard too.

Thanks ella1987 for the advice.

I got many things in mind but cant get started... ha ha ha...

For info., I'm planning to DIY my pre wedding shoots so i have fully control over the whole thing. Not cheap though and involve lots of works. I hope I will enjoy doing it. =)

Yea, recently there are lots of bridal fairs in Kuching, where you can see the freelance models are almost the same in every fair. ha ha ha....

Hahahaha...

Same as me!

I got a lot of things in mind, feel like having this and that, but budget doesn't allows me to think anymore further. (>.<)

So nice you can DIY your pre-wedding shoots.

I am going for the bridal gallery for RM3000.

But what I heard from the stylist there I can bring anything which are memorable to make our shooting more unique.

Looking forward for it. ^^

Ling,

May i know where did u get the organza ribbon that shown in one if the DIY wedding post? The golded colour of "chen chu sa" that you made into tulle / flower. Can I get it from Kuching?

Regards,

Ella and Siew Chin,

So both of you are a from Kuching ya? =)

Organza ribbon? ahh I got it from Green Gallery.

If gold tulle then is from kamdar but they don't have the stock anymore, hmm you can find the similar type at Fah company, the one next to Cold storage (as there are few Fah company along the street).

Yeah, DIY can be cheap but can be expensive too =) It all depending what materials are you using.

About the DIY pre-wedding shoot. I got 2 gowns from China, 1 kwa from China, and my actual day gowns are from local. So just for the gown .. hmmm China gowns are cheap =P for that 2 gowns I just spent RM500 and sold out after the shooting as 2nd hand, but kwa is a little bit expensive, I spent RM450 on that piece. My actualy day white gown is nearly RM900 (they said considered cheap as it is lace gown) and evening is RM320 - gold chiffon gown with simple design.

And I have 2 pre-wedding shooting, 1 done by Edwin Tan & Stephen from KL and 1 done by Shen and Edwin Lay (Kuching). =) Crazy right? but yeah! I have 2 sets! hahahahahh

Actually to decorate a wedding car is not difficult, materials also not difficult to get locally.

By the way, if you go for DIY, your actual day bouquet n corsage you can get it from local florist, mine was from Orchid wood, I love their service, thumb up! and my make up artist is Mei Ling jie (019-877 4404) don't sms but you need to call her =) and I spoke mandarin to her, she is really good =) maybe I want something very simple and not 'fancy' so I found her really suits me.

Thanks Ling for the info. Yes, I am from Kuching. =)

Plan to tailor made the white gown and evening gown in Kuching as I know a good tailor. Just that wanna work out the budget as the cost might not that cheap though i might can get friendship price.

Oh, will call Mei Ling jie when everything in order. Thanks for the contact.

I already had the quotation from Edwin Lay... seem that i am quite comfortable to communicate with him. Only that I need to meet and discuss with him after the date is confirmed.

cheers !

Thanks for the info. Well, I am from Miri, but now working in Kuching.

My FH is from Kuching. Hahahahaha!

So I am gonna held two wedding dinners in Miri and Kuching.

(o.O)