ranul

Market rate for Dai Kam

Hi, does anyone know the market rate for wedding chaperon (dai kam jie) in KL/PJ?

And if you know a good one, please recommend!! :)

Thanks!!

I got mine for rm450. Morning session only. She speaks Cantonese/ Hokkien / English.

Met her once for a chat. She was eager to demo her singing.

I got mine for rm450. Morning session only. She speaks Cantonese/ Hokkien / English.

Met her once for a chat. She was eager to demo her singing.

lol...did she sing at the end? ^^ who's your chaperon, mind to share? Thks :)

i see...thanks a lot....so RM450 is the rate for morning session...did u ask her on the rate for dinner? :)

one question, if we engage chaperon for night, do we have to reserve a banquet seat for her also?

i think the rate is around there, rm400-ish.

i didn't ask for the night rate.

i think if you engage her for the night, you will need to reserve a seat for her. same goes for your other vendors? like PG.

you can always discuss with her. but u need to be firm on what you want. you wouldn't want them to run the show the way they like.

I have seen some of them very eager to wanna 'show off' on stage. Most of them wanna sing and get the attention...which TO me is not ideal in a wedding. This robs the limelight away from the couple...and everyone's attention is on the Dai Kam Jie.

They also love to say those old chinese pantun2 which are very outdated for today's modern Weddings. I dont kmow about you...but having this kind of individual who is so eager to 'perform' and 'sing' and get all the attention is not what i'd want.

I have seen some of them very eager to wanna 'show off' on stage. Most of them wanna sing and get the attention...which TO me is not ideal in a wedding. This robs the limelight away from the couple...and everyone's attention is on the Dai Kam Jie.

They also love to say those old chinese pantun2 which are very outdated for today's modern Weddings. I dont kmow about you...but having this kind of individual who is so eager to 'perform' and 'sing' and get all the attention is not what i'd want.

erm....some people engage tkj for dinner maybe to help become emcee...emcee rate is not cheap eh =.=" but end up some of the tkj steal all the limelight >.<

This is one service we cannot skip huh. Thanks so much for the web link to the profiles, hot-choc.

Very helpful indeed. Need to start calling soon to check availability and compare prices.

Good luck to everyone else engaging on this traditional role!

This is one service we cannot skip huh. Thanks so much for the web link to the profiles, hot-choc.

Very helpful indeed. Need to start calling soon to check availability and compare prices.

Good luck to everyone else engaging on this traditional role!

Just to share since I saw the link above. My tai kum jie, one of the students recommended by Xilinmen appears to be quite good at first. But in the end, we felt a little shortchanged as she likes to take ang pow from here and there (which we were not informed) and knowledge is only half baked.

There are some parts where the ang pow was missing (big amount) when it was being transacted by her hands also. I have no proof that the money was taken as it is unaccounted for on both sides. Since I do not have solid proof on the missing cash, I can only be fair and mention that things seemed good at first (can call her ask for advise) until I realised that she likes to nick ang pows here n there and knowledge is half past six.

Now I remembered that she even allowed my brother who is of clashing horoscope to sit on our bridal bed as well. OMG...Xilinmen Tai Kam Jie really crap.

Wow...stealing ang pow. When did this happen? During the tea ceremony?

To be extremely fair..I cannot say for sure she stole the money but the fact is, the money was missing. During the tea ceremony, she asked my parents to prepare 2 big angpow (RM200 each) for me & my husband. Then, when my parents wanted to give it to us, she said that she will safekeep the money for us instead of leaving it inside the basket with other smaller angpows, RM2, RM10, etc until we reach the groom's house. We stupidly trusted her. Then, after the ceremony was over, we only recovered the small angpows, RM2, RM10 but the big angpows were missing. When we called her, she denied of course, and blamed that other ppl took it coz she put it back in the basket. But if she had been safekeeping the angpow for us, she should have made sure that it was given to us by hand. Now the angpow is missing and it's up to interpretation whether she took it, or it was stolen (which I highly doubt coz it's only our family members, no one else was even in the house, no maids, caterers were long gone). Even so, she was unprofessional to not have given it back to us immediately.

Another issue I have with her is that she asked my husband's heng dais & jimuis to collect angpow from us during tea ceremony at BOTH SIDES ( bride & groom) house. We thought only kids were supposed to collect from us as we had already given seperate angpows to our heng dais & ji muis. Because of her, we ended up dishing RM1,000 ang pow for tea ceremony alone (not including earlier seperate angpows for jimuis, heng dais, driver)!! The angpows wasn't enough & my dad & sis was preparing ang pows right there n then at the side, as they thought it was part of the ceremony. By the time I noticed, it was too late to stop coz she was yelling at everyone to come and queue to collect from us.

Then, she kept asking for angpow from my mother (which I only knew after the ceremony) and from my husband (before he reach my house to fetch the bride & when I was alone in the room after the ceremony was over) for so-called services. All these was never mentioned to me earlier in the agreed amount and she did not dare to ask for angpow from me since I was the only one who negotiate with her from the start. My mom and husband obligingly gave her the money as they thought it was part of the deal! It's obvious that the Tai Kum Jie was seizing the opportunity where everyone was so busy and caught up in the moment to actually notice her nicking money here & there in the form of ang pow. Grr....money minded, lack of knowledge, NOT RECOMMENDED!!

Whoever wants her name, pls PM me and I will reply.

Wow...stealing ang pow. When did this happen? During the tea ceremony?
To be extremely fair..I cannot say for sure she stole the money but the fact is, the money was missing. During the tea ceremony, she asked my parents to prepare 2 big angpow (RM200 each) for me &amp; my husband. Then, when my parents wanted to give it to us, she said that she will safekeep the money for us instead of leaving it inside the basket with other smaller angpows, RM2, RM10, etc until we reach the groom's house. We stupidly trusted her. Then, after the ceremony was over, we only recovered the small angpows, RM2, RM10 but the big angpows were missing. When we called her, she denied of course, and blamed that other ppl took it coz she put it back in the basket. But if she had been safekeeping the angpow for us, she should have made sure that it was given to us by hand. Now the angpow is missing and it's up to interpretation whether she took it, or it was stolen (which I highly doubt coz it's only our family members, no one else was even in the house, no maids, caterers were long gone). Even so, she was unprofessional to not have given it back to us immediately. Another issue I have with her is that she asked my husband's heng dais &amp; jimuis to collect angpow from us during tea ceremony at BOTH SIDES ( bride &amp; groom) house. We thought only kids were supposed to collect from us as we had already given seperate angpows to our heng dais &amp; ji muis. Because of her, we ended up dishing RM1,000 ang pow for tea ceremony alone (not including earlier seperate angpows for jimuis, heng dais, driver)!! The angpows wasn't enough &amp; my dad &amp; sis was preparing ang pows right there n then at the side, as they thought it was part of the ceremony. By the time I noticed, it was too late to stop coz she was yelling at everyone to come and queue to collect from us. Then, she kept asking for angpow from my mother (which I only knew after the ceremony) and from my husband (before he reach my house to fetch the bride &amp; when I was alone in the room after the ceremony was over) for so-called services. All these was never mentioned to me earlier in the agreed amount and she did not dare to ask for angpow from me since I was the only one who negotiate with her from the start. My mom and husband obligingly gave her the money as they thought it was part of the deal! It's obvious that the Tai Kum Jie was seizing the opportunity where everyone was so busy and caught up in the moment to actually notice her nicking money here &amp; there in the form of ang pow. Grr....money minded, lack of knowledge, NOT RECOMMENDED!! Whoever wants her name, pls PM me and I will reply.

yup, please pm me, the name and contact no (who knows, she might change the name but with same no, or vice versa)

Hi Jolene88,

Thank you very much for your kind info.

Fyi, I just visited Xilinmen lately to look for a dai kum che for my AD on this coming 16/Dec in Klang.

Hence, your info here is really useful.

I am really worried after seeing all your posts here about that greedy chaperon lady.

Would you mind to PM me who that particular lady is so that I can avoid from hiring her.

And the lady whom we were recommended of, charged us RM 550 for morning session only.

Is this price reasonable as we really have no idea about all this.

Appreciate some one can advice us more on this as well.

i found my dai kam jie alr...she charged RM450 for morning session and RM150 for dinner session...most probably i would engage her for morning only....

i found my dai kam jie alr...she charged RM450 for morning session and RM150 for dinner session...most probably i would engage her for morning only....

Hi ranul, pls pm me ur dai kam jie contact. Am looking for one now. thanks

@passiontree:

As much as I would like to intro my dai kam jie to you, but because I never engaged her before (of coz lah, lol), I didn't know for sure about her service on actual day.

But so far my encounter with her via phone and face-to-face was quite pleasant. She said she would not charge extra unnecessarily like some of the dai kam jie (some offer sweets then charge you, or take angpow here and there etc), and the RM450 is nett including transportation to groom's house (because some require the groom to fetch her/him).

She actually has a noodle stall at Jalan Klang Lama market. She put her signage there, my uncle who always go there for breakfast intro to me der...

She seems honest to me lah, so I engage her loh, haha....let me know if you really need her contact, but again, no guarantee from me ya, lol... ^^

@arolf_eel:

My AD wedding ceremony location is Kelana Jaya (groom) and Cheras (bride)...

Hi Ranul,

Then she charge you quite cheap compare to mine. Both of our places are in Klang. Yet she charges RM510. But she requests another 3 more angpows from us during both sides tea ceremony and help us to setup and worship ancestor and tian gong. She said they are for 'lucky'. So, i a still considering whether to take up or otherwise. Really headache thinking of it. Actually if we do not assign one, will it be OK? Actually I also don't really know what is their purposes. :@