winniehwn

Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant at PJ

Hmm no one attended wedding dinner there? or have anyone tried their food b4? I am tempted to book them but not sure about their service n food...... hmm :/

Hi there!

I've been to Ah Yat on several times for dinner. Not wedding dinners though just normal dinner with the family. Food wise not bad, would say slightly better than normal chinese restaurant. Ambience quite cosy and the restaurant looks new and clean. Can cater abt 30 tables and more. They have a small stage. Not many pillars. And I think it's slightly expensive cos each time we eat there for a family of 5 the bills comes out around RM600-800. And it's not even course meals. Just normal ala carte. The services there are quite satisfactory. They are quick to respond to your needs.

Maybe you guys could just have dinner with your family and see how is the restaurant for yourself yea.

Waow, thanks Mummyally for ur fast response.

Am not surprised that their bill is more expensive as their wedding package also more expensive as compared to others. Am tempted to get them as the place is nice, clean n quite new (hahah hopefully it can stay like this for another year) But parking cud be a bit difficult there. Anyway am going there tomorrow to check out more details. Meanwhile if anyone have any additional comment do feel free to add in :)

Waow, thanks Mummyally for ur fast response.

Am not surprised that their bill is more expensive as their wedding package also more expensive as compared to others. Am tempted to get them as the place is nice, clean n quite new (hahah hopefully it can stay like this for another year) But parking cud be a bit difficult there. Anyway am going there tomorrow to check out more details. Meanwhile if anyone have any additional comment do feel free to add in :)

hi jean jj, i had booked there for my wedding dinner. actually i also dunno their food ok or not, just like their environment. when is your AD?

Hi Winniehwn,

Tentatively my wedding date shud be on 23/11/08. Good to hear that you have booked ur wedding dinner there :) WHo did you liaise with? Martin? Generally I find that their price is slightly more expensive though, as compare to other's package, esp if compare to Tai Thong's menu :P

Hi Winniehwn,

Tentatively my wedding date shud be on 23/11/08. Good to hear that you have booked ur wedding dinner there :) WHo did you liaise with? Martin? Generally I find that their price is slightly more expensive though, as compare to other's package, esp if compare to Tai Thong's menu :P

hi jean, yes is martin due with me..their menu price is start from around RM600++, i think pavillion oriental also same like that right?

:rolleyes:

Hi Winne,

Yah they have various package. But i dun like the 600+ package coz it's "Pa Tin" fish. My mom just dun like the idea of serving Pa Tin fish coz to her it's a "cheap" fish and will leave ppl the impression that we want to make $ thru the banquet so we serve Pa Tin fish. I hope i have not offended anyone, but that's just her opinion la~

Is Martin a nice person to talk to? I went there today to take a look at the venue again, unfortunately they don't let me confirm the menu, according to them for nx year banquet, will hv to follow nx year's menu. Are you using this year or nx year's menu?

I think most likely I'll be booking them as long as the menu doesn't cost me a bomb :P

Have anyone tried the Ah Yat Forum Restaurant in K Avenue? The one moved from Swiss Garden. I went to the PJ one today, like the place and setting there, but unfortunately it is taken for Oct 18, then Martin asked me to check the one in K Avenue.

I went to check it out then, I think I like the PJ one better. Plus, the package is slightly more expensive than PJ one. But one good things is, they offer free parking for all guests.

Pls share with me if anyone had wedding banquet there before. Thanks!

Hi im new here and also looking for restaurant in PJ for my big day.

Can any1 tell me where is the exact location of Ah Yat Forum restaurant in PJ?

Thanks.

Hi Janice10,

Do you know where is the F&N in PJ? From Federal Highway, exit at the EPF exit and at the traffic light there turn right. Go straight all the way untill you come to a flyover, keep left, turn left go straight and the restaurant is on your right. Hope the direction is clear for you. :)

Winnie will be having her wedding banquet there this Saturday. Let's hear the review from her next week (hopefully) :)

Good Luck!

Hi Janice10,

Do you know where is the F&N in PJ? From Federal Highway, exit at the EPF exit and at the traffic light there turn right. Go straight all the way untill you come to a flyover, keep left, turn left go straight and the restaurant is on your right. Hope the direction is clear for you. :)

Winnie will be having her wedding banquet there this Saturday. Let's hear the review from her next week (hopefully) :)

Good Luck!

Thank you Jean. :lol: i think i roughly know the place now.

Hope Winnie have a wonderful big day and share her experience with us afterward. :rolleyes:

Hi Janice,

Do go check out the place when u have time. It's quite nice. They serve dim sum everyday with 50% off except sunday 30% off. I have yet to try. But have fren went to try at the KL branch & he mention that the dim sum there is superb! :)

Hi Winnie,

You have your wedding dinner at Ah Yat Abalone Forum, PJ outlet? Mind to share with me your experience & your photos on the surrounding environment??

My email address is rosayee@hotmail.com

Thanks alot :)

Hi Winniehwn,

hi jean, yes is martin due with me..their menu price is start from around RM600++, i think pavillion oriental also same like that right?

:rolleyes:

Hi Miko-Gin,

If not mistaken the one in P can put up to 45 tables:)

For the rest who is interested to look that the restaurant's photo, refer to the following for ur viewing pleasure~

Main table

6.jpg

Looking at the restaurant from entrance

DSCN2743.jpg

Looking at the restaurant from the back

DSCN2741.jpg

hi jean_jj,

thanks for sharing your photos :)

how's the food there? Is the portion sufficient enough for 10pax? mind to share your experience with me?

btw, when is ur dinner?

Hi Miko-Gin,

If not mistaken the one in P can put up to 45 tables:)

For the rest who is interested to look that the restaurant's photo, refer to the following for ur viewing pleasure~

Main table

6.jpg

Looking at the restaurant from entrance

DSCN2743.jpg

Looking at the restaurant from the back

DSCN2741.jpg

hi all,

i just finished my wedding dinner last 2 weeks, quite disapoint abt their service. Martin last time got promise me got print our name on the backdrop, but on that day is blank. and my PG fot pass my morning caremony CD to them, ask them to show it. But until finish the dinner also no showing. :(

and the food, we went to tried the food b4 is quite ok, and on that day also diffirent.

hi winnie,

how come don't have your names on the backdrop? did you ask Martin? what he said? he didn't show the CD at all? no projector or no staff to do it? oh gosh..

how about the food? how different is it on that nite? do they provide the guest gift, what was it?

hi all,

i just finished my wedding dinner last 2 weeks, quite disapoint abt their service. Martin last time got promise me got print our name on the backdrop, but on that day is blank. and my PG fot pass my morning caremony CD to them, ask them to show it. But until finish the dinner also no showing. :(

and the food, we went to tried the food b4 is quite ok, and on that day also diffirent.

hi all,

Hi Winnie,

Sorry to hear abt the sad thing of ur wedding dinner. I actually went to the restaurant to check up and first impression to me, it's the underground car park... look dark & scary :o and it was also limited parking lots available. Surprisely i saw full house for morning 'yam cha' session, so i thought the foods is good but I personnally didnot get to try. Anyway, its just my share of opinion.

Hi Janice,

Yah, parking will be a problem there. Anyway I have booked my dinner there. Am keeping my finger cross that their food will be good. I personally have not tried there but i like their environment. With the limited choice i had that time, i need to make the decision quick. So I have taken a bold step to book a restaurant that I have not tested. Even till today. hahahah wish me luck! :)

jean_jj,

have u decided which menu package to get for your dinner? mind to share? when is ur dinner date? :)

you liaise with Martin (same as winnie) too ?

thanks for sharing :)

Hi Janice,

Yah, parking will be a problem there. Anyway I have booked my dinner there. Am keeping my finger cross that their food will be good. I personally have not tried there but i like their environment. With the limited choice i had that time, i need to make the decision quick. So I have taken a bold step to book a restaurant that I have not tested. Even till today. hahahah wish me luck! :)

syin,

i think it can accommodate 45 tables (sitting comfortably) for the entire restaurant...

how many tables you are looking for? when is ur dinner?

max. how many table?

jean_jj: hi i m new here....pls do drop some commend after u had try out the latest food n services at ah yat forum in pj...cz i also decide to take wedding dinner there...all the best