winniehwn

Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant at PJ

my parents attended a wedding dinner at ah yat in pj last few weeks.

they said the food there was just enough for a table of 10 person.

like each person had 1 mushroom, 1 leafy vege, a piece of chicken etc etc..

that's what they told me.

I went to my friends wedding on last June.

Agree with bright*star, the food portion is 'ngam ngam'.

And guess what, I didn't have enough portion because I'm sitting with 3 other Indians that they actually take the portion twice especially those delicious ones... :'( :'(

The abalone is ngam ngam, I don't blame them la. But everything also ngam ngam one... Even the soup also.

I feel lucky that I didn't choose this restaurant for my wedding.

I went to my friends wedding on last June.

Agree with bright*star, the food portion is 'ngam ngam'.

And guess what, I didn't have enough portion because I'm sitting with 3 other Indians that they actually take the portion twice especially those delicious ones... :'( :'(

The abalone is ngam ngam, I don't blame them la. But everything also ngam ngam one... Even the soup also.

I feel lucky that I didn't choose this restaurant for my wedding.

Hi,

I went there for friends wedding dinner. Don't quite like the ambience, this maybe due to my friends only invite 20 tables, thus, the hall is seperated into two. And the next door is very noisy, can hear their Kara-ok sessions all the way. Second is their food, maybe my friends took the cheapest package, and I can say the food is sux. No standard at all. Only the branding that sound nice. Their food portions are a bit small, not enought for 10 guys. You better check on that. Lastly, their toilets are dirty, maybe too many people on that day, the toilet bowl even stuck. Gosh.. I just hate dirty and smelly toilet. >.<

Hi

i also booked A Yat Abalone for my big day

but after try food for 2nd time, my family also complain so much on the food

so finally v look for other restaurant

my deposit rm500 also burn

actually A Yat Abalone restaurant is very hard to get parking coz the parking lot just 100+ share wif few restaurant there

1st time i try food id for rm698 package, 2nd upgrape to rm798 package

the food really not worth for the price

Any one can recommend restaurant at PJ for me

i hv call few restaurant, all is booked

ar.......Help..... :wacko3:

Hi CHYAP,

May I know what was the complain on the food about? I am still deciding whether to hold the wedding there. Ambience is ok, menu price ok... But after seeing ppl's comment on the food portion, I am thinking twice. Thanks for sharing ... :)

Hi,

I went there for friends wedding dinner. Don't quite like the ambience, this maybe due to my friends only invite 20 tables, thus, the hall is seperated into two. And the next door is very noisy, can hear their Kara-ok sessions all the way. Second is their food, maybe my friends took the cheapest package, and I can say the food is sux. No standard at all. Only the branding that sound nice. Their food portions are a bit small, not enought for 10 guys. You better check on that. Lastly, their toilets are dirty, maybe too many people on that day, the toilet bowl even stuck. Gosh.. I just hate dirty and smelly toilet. >.<

Hi TinTing,

You were sitting on the other side of the main hall? Was it rite infront of the kitchen where they pull a curtain over to "cover" the kitchen? Besides the comment above, wat about the "smell" of any kind from the kitchen? I mean those "fried stuff" kinda smell... Coz when I went there yesterday morning, it was opened exposing the kitchen... So basically , the smell was quite strong... Although Martin said the smell is not too bad coz there'll be a curtain covering the kitchen, but I am abit skeptical. I have yet to book the place... coz mine will be about 20tables too....

Thanks for sharing...

Hi there..sorry for the late reply. Yes, I am sitting at the side towards the kitchen. On that night there are no curtain to cover the kitchen hall. But, the smell from the toilet more disguting from the kitchen. The floor around the kitchen and toilet area quite dirty/slippery. You better check it out.

Hi,

Hi TinTing,

You were sitting on the other side of the main hall? Was it rite infront of the kitchen where they pull a curtain over to "cover" the kitchen? Besides the comment above, wat about the "smell" of any kind from the kitchen? I mean those "fried stuff" kinda smell... Coz when I went there yesterday morning, it was opened exposing the kitchen... So basically , the smell was quite strong... Although Martin said the smell is not too bad coz there'll be a curtain covering the kitchen, but I am abit skeptical. I have yet to book the place... coz mine will be about 20tables too....

Thanks for sharing...

Hi there..sorry for the late reply. Yes, I am sitting at the side towards the kitchen. On that night there are no curtain to cover the kitchen hall. But, the smell from the toilet more disguting from the kitchen. The floor around the kitchen and toilet area quite dirty/slippery. You better check it out.

Hi,

Hi TinTing,

Thanks for sharing...

Hi Tin Ting,

Thanks for the advice... I was quite reluctant on the "fried food" smell, tat's y I didn't book the place rite after I saw Martin... and now there's comment on the dirty toilets... Well, I've decided to move somewhere else... haha... I've booked Grand Imperial in BSC instead... No more headaches... :rolleyes:

Hihi Alwmy...

U've book Grand imperial? Can share with me the package ? yah.. 1 mile stone done for you..now its my turn to choose restaurant for my dinner.. :wacko3:

What about the emcee that is included in the package? Any comments on that? Is the person who is emceeing ok?

Guess will have to remind them about the food portion since everyone's not satisfied with it here...

What about the emcee that is included in the package? Any comments on that? Is the person who is emceeing ok?

Guess will have to remind them about the food portion since everyone's not satisfied with it here...

I'm also interested to know if their emcees are ok. Otherwise, have to find own emcee, and that's a little hassle.

Food portion - I had my food tasting already. Portion is OK, enough for 10 ppl. In fact during my food tasting we had 10 adults + 2 eating kids. It was still enough.

I'm considering having my wedding dinner at ah yat.

Would appreciate some more recent comments/feedbacks about the place. Thanks!!

Btw, the manager said they are renovating the place in March.

Their MC is the typical chinese restaurant standard They are what we call the 'clapping' instructor. Yhey ask you to clap...clap....clap...clap...all night long....many times over. Clap...Clap..Clap some more.... even when there's no need to clap also they will ask you to clap. :D

Hi All,

I've a wedding dinner package to let go URGENTLY!!!

The venue is at Noble Mansion, The Plaza (Jaya 33, Petaling Jaya) on 29 September 2013, Sunday....

I've made the deposit of RM3K... Wish to let go at RM2.5K...

Anyone interested??