Sign in to follow this  
crasygal

My toddler don't like solid food

Hi all mums,

my 15 months old daughter don't like solid food at all.. she only want her milk.. I try to feed her solid but she refuse to have more than 10 spoon.. some time less then 5 spoon she reject

She also don't like to try new food so I only cook the food she eat which is egg.. :sad: is this issue normal for a toddler? Im worried bout her diet and her growth, any one of you facing the same issue as me? any way to make my daughter like solid food?

Her solid meal time is before or after the milk time?

My daugther has no issue with her solid meal and she is 21 mo+ coming to 22mo, big girl with many gigi but I discovered that she will get fed up with same taste all the time, so we got to cook separately for her, like in a day, lunch and dinner has to be different, otherwise she will on strike and prefer not to eat for 1 meal.

What do you prepare for her beside egg?

beautifulgown,

her milk time is after her solid food, I top up milk for her coz she didn't have much solid.

other then eggs, I cook mash potato, mash carret, porridge, toufu etc for her.. she don't like it.. :( don't know is it because she didn't have much teeth and her gum is pain?

beautifulgown,

her milk time is after her solid food, I top up milk for her coz she didn't have much solid.

other then eggs, I cook mash potato, mash carret, porridge, toufu etc for her.. she don't like it.. :( don't know is it because she didn't have much teeth and her gum is pain?

hi crasygal,

could it be she doesn't like the mash like food ? my son is 13+ mth now... he start to reject my mash like food even before his 1st birthday...

since then I realize he doesn't like mash food anymore and he prefer food prepared in small chunk... of course u hv to cut the chunk as small as possible but definitely not in mash style anymore... I dont think it's anything do with teeth as my son dont hv many teeth though during that time...

let try food in small chunk...

beautifulgown,

hi crasygal,

could it be she doesn't like the mash like food ? my son is 13+ mth now... he start to reject my mash like food even before his 1st birthday...

since then I realize he doesn't like mash food anymore and he prefer food prepared in small chunk... of course u hv to cut the chunk as small as possible but definitely not in mash style anymore... I dont think it's anything do with teeth as my son dont hv many teeth though during that time...

let try food in small chunk...

I did cook food in small chunk for her, same thing she don't like it and get chuck and vomit easily. she only want her milk. till now her stool still watery. I did ask her dr, the dr said is normal for her stool coz she didn't have much solid food.

at first I though she don't like my cooking but no she just don't like solid food, coz when we bring her out and give her solid she will reject too. Im really worried bout it, she is 15 mths now can't depend on the formula milk that much, she have to get her nutrition from solid food. I've run out of idea already. :(

beautifulgown,

hmmm actually their gum is strong to chew but of cos not to bite, how does everything tasted? very light taste? I know some toddler loves strong taste, like the food must be with good taste like adult food. But reading your msgs, your daugther also reject outside food which should be tasted good to them.

Let see .. we will boil the big bone (pork) or chicken soup as the base for my little girl and we will add into her porridge or her rice and she loves it. Other than that, we also give her fish, minced meat (pork/chicken), prawn, vege and she is very very okie.

hmm you try to offer her KFC =P hahaha I know is bad, but you try and see whether she likes it or not, if she likes it meaning she wants something that really taste good.

beautifulgown,

I even try mcd porridge also no use. :sad: she eat what we eat, some times I will mash the food for her. I try lots of way to make her like solid food but I fail, some times feel that Im useless coz she don't want solid food. :sad:

I ask her dr, her dr can't ans my question just said let her try to have solid food as much as possible. everytime come to solid food I will stress out coz she don't want it at all. :sad:

beautifulgown,

I even try mcd porridge also no use. :sad: she eat what we eat, some times I will mash the food for her. I try lots of way to make her like solid food but I fail, some times feel that Im useless coz she don't want solid food. :sad:

I ask her dr, her dr can't ans my question just said let her try to have solid food as much as possible. everytime come to solid food I will stress out coz she don't want it at all. :sad:

try to give her solid with super cute bowl and spoon ? and dont forget to make a super exaggerative face expression that the food taste wonderful good ?

if still cant then mix milk in her solid...?

I knew this is sound funny but just try any way out to make her at least accept solid first even just a bit...

She might bem still not ready for solid food but as what Avolet mentioned, change her utensils to those cute design, tell her the food just so yummy! and after finish the food she can play the toys?

My daughter, can once a while on strike and I need to tell her many good words, let her watch her Hi-5 only then she wants to finish her rice, stress oso! cos she never do this to my parents, she will take her food on time, and never say NO to my mum too but she will say NO to me. @.@

Or do you think you can, 1 spoon of porridge and 1 spoon of her milk? meaning, after the porridge she will take a spoon of her milk, haahah yeah! sounds weird but you see if this is work?

hmm ... maybe can try what Avolet said, get her those nice and cute untensils.

My daughter can be one kind also, at once she can on strike unti I need to exchange the deal with her, she takes her dinner then I let her watch her fav hi-5 show. sigh .. alto not nice but it works.

Or how about, 1 spoon of her porridge and 1 spoon of her milk? It sounds weird but no harm to give it a try =)

she have her favourate pooh spoon and plate. Now I try to let her self-feed, still the same, she play with her food more than eating it.

think I have to try ur way, one spoon porridge and one spoon of milk,, will try it this weekend and see will its works or not..

help... :sad: my daughter now don't even want to have a single scope of solid, once we feed her she will split out the food.. I don't know why this keep happening. :sad:

last week I let her self-feed she manage to have half bowl of the poridge but after that day she reject solid again, I try all the way u guys suggest also no used, she just reject solid. I have no choice to replace milk. :sad: is there any other way to let her like solid or this is normal for her age?

hmmm .. not so normaly for her age, cos this is the age they start and will like solid.

What is her milk intake? I have a very evil suggestion, starve her, don't give her milk but only solid for a day, and see what is her reaction. I know I'm bad but just want to see how she will take it.

Because it is so obvious that she is so into milk but not solid.

By the way, when you started her semi-solid? and how did she take it last time?

beautifulgown,

her milk intake is 2-3 times aday and every 4 hrs I give her solid or milk.. I can't do what u suggest.. feel heart break.. :unsure:

I start her semi-solid when she 6 mths old then full solid when she 7/8 mths old.. during that time she will eat what ever I gave her and she manage to finish half bowl of it but when she at 10 mths old she try to be picky and now totally reject.. :sad:

if worse come to worse I have to be hard to starve her.. :sad:

did ur gal got any sibling or cousin about same age ?

mayb u can try to join her with those kids and eat together ? kids tend to be kiasu and will imitate what other kids do ?

Her milk intake isn't a lot but she still rejecting food .. hmmm .. maybe this is just for a temporary period.

yeah I know .. but I did it once a while when my girl very picky on food, I told her, okie, no porridge, no milk and nothing, drink water ya! then next meal she will guai guai finish her porridge cos she is hungry =P hahahahaha

Yes, some need another accompany for the meal time. When she saw people enjoying the meal so much, she will join in too.

she didnt have any siblings,, she is my only child and her cousins is so far away from her so no one can compare with her..

I will try to starve her and see will she take her solid or not, thank for the suggestion. :)

Hi, my son is almost 7 mo+, sometimes he also reject the solid food i made for him. What i do is i try to observe what he likes, eg pumpkin, apple, then i will add those food he likes with those he doesn't. Maybe you can try to mix the egg with other food and see how is her reaction ?