Sign in to follow this  
lydia 09

Help...

Hi all of u out there. My boyboy is 13 mths old. But since 4 mths whenever I took him 2 the hair saloon, he wil cry out loud even my hairstylist haven't start yet. My hairstylist said have 2 bring him 2 the saloon every mth 4 him 2 get used 2 it. So, everytime was just standing n cut his hair.

N another problem is that whenever a stranger ppl talk 2 him, he wil cry also. V oways bring him go out so that he will not having problems when meet ppl 4 the 1st time. 1st time v took him 4 a photo shooting in the shopping mall complex, he cried when the cameraman talked 2 him. Luckily they gave us try 1st b4 payment. N now he oledi 13 mths n I plan 2 bring him 2 the studio 4 a photo shooting but I till now I dare not cos that 1 have 2 pay 1st.

Wah, dun know how 2 solve these problem lo... :sad:

Hello lydia.

I think my kiddo is in the same situation as yours. Before she turned 2, she use to cry whenever any strangers/passerby speaks to the person who was carrying her. When we go restaurants, she will cry when we place our orders to waitresses. When sales person talks to us, she cries. Even when we go visit her paternal grandparents once every fortnight, she will cry before we enter the house.

Now at 2 years old ++, there's great improvement. When strangers talks to us, her crying cuts down by 80%. I won't say 100%, because it depends on her mood. But at least we can order food in peace.

I won't tell you what to do, as every child is different. I'll tell you what I did instead.

I still continue bringing her out like normal. When she cries, I talk to her repetitively, telling her to say hi instead of crying, and those people are friends. She will still cry, but after a while, I guess her focus went to the food and toys more than us people. It takes a whole lot of patience and earplugs to get through this tough time, but for my kid, I guess it was just a phase.

Just like now, I am facing another difficult phase where she wants EVERYTHING we hold at the groceries....tin cans, packets, etc....SIGH.

Hi Lydia,

Do your little one has any cousins of his age? Perhaps you can bring them to meet more often to encourage him to social abit?

hi, i think the picture company is a great place to bring ur baby for photo shooting :) it's okay, my baby oso cry alot, i juz ignore it if he's not hurt or hungry n try to quiet him down wif snacks or toys or sounds (dangling keys, iphone apps etc) n watever else i can think of that can distract him wif crying, as i don wan it to turn into a habit when he is not satisfy wif something :) photo shooting for their age is very challenging u can tell the person that is taking the photo about ur situation n if they r willing to accommodate ur situation then onli u engage their service, if not i suggest u choose another shop as nowadays there r alot of this so i don think is difficult to find 1 that's willing to let u try out b4 shooting :)

My older boy was very shy and is still quite shy for his age but his social skills has improved a lot since we send him to play school. Its only once a week for 45 min and although he seldoms talks to the other kids there, he is better with strangers around him and he will now hug the teacher at the end of the class.

Regarding the hair saloon, I took my older boy to watch the barber cut my hair a few times and I would ask him whether he also wants a hair cut. At first, he would say NO and Scared but eventually he was okay. Just be patient.