Hi sisters, has anyone heard that brides cannot wear pearl jewellery or anything pearl? My aunt told me that this pearl jewellery set I bought cannot be worn because of tradition, and I'm really upset, cos I like it so much. Anybody know if it's a blanket rule (no pearls), or only certain designs cannot? This is what I got... http://www.jewellerylite.com/sets/156-perla-in-white-set.html

Please help!

really? never heard of this pantang.... in fact, i think pearl jewellery are so nice and elegant !!! i even requested to my grandma that i want a pearl jewellery set as wedding gift :p

Yah , I also wore pearl necklace and pearl earrings for my wedding day as well and it looks elegant and stunning :-)

Blink-blink can be very "ah lian" :P

Pearls are so classy! They never go out of fashion!

I never heard such thing either and have seen so many brides with pearls!

I saw your jewellery set and it's simply beautiful!

Thanks sisters! Great to hear that you all think pearls are pretty!

Yah, I asked and she said, not good because they are like tears, sad not good. So pantang -.-"

But in the end, she said you all young people don't care so much, so up to us. Yeah! ^_^

Yeah, The above pearl set was really so nice and grand look, generally for wedding day we wear the white dress, so these are well suited for that dress, in this you are looking very pretty. Don't worry about it.

All of you are so sweet <3<3

I'm both happy and annoyed now that they are having a 50% off promo!! Would have been so much cheaper.. Damn should have waited. Lol..

cos old ppl say pearls are like tears - so will bring tears to the marriage - *rolling eyes*

i sometimes really dono who in the world started all these BS.