chongsw

My Mother-in-law passed away this morning

My Mother-in-law passed away this morning.

She was not well. No energy even climbing up the house staircase. That was how she was when I met her for the first time back to 2004. I told my wife that she was not well. But nobody pay attention to it because at that time everybody was concentrating on my PIL's diabetes. She received some treatments this year and we were hopeful that she will get well soon.

My wife planned to resign from her work and go back to take care of her. The timing should be around Nov. But everything is too late now. My MIL passed away this morning and I don't know what to do at the place so far from home.

Hi Chong...

I am so sorry for u and Ang... I am really sorry... I know u r far away from home and first thing u wanna do is to hug ur wife and comfort her... can u take leave? why do u fly back and to be with her... i am sure ur company understands ur need... furthermore company gives 3 days compassionate leave to the employees... i feels Ang really needs u now... to be with her... nothing is more important than to be with family at this moment of time... hugs to u and Ang... my condolence... Just think in a bright side... Auntie is in a better place now... a place with no suffering or pain... and she is resting in peace now... hugs again...

Dear chongsw,

My deepest condolences to you and your wife. Really sorry to hear that... If you can fly back to be with your wife, that would be the best as she do needs your support in getting throught this difficult time... I am sure your company will understand.

Please take care...

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I will leave Istanbul this Sat and reach KL the next day. Then, I will drive to Alor Setar immediately.

I'm actually more worry for my father-in-law. It was hard for him to adjust to life after retirement. It will be much harder for him now. On of top of that, 2 of my SIL are still schooling. One in form 4 and the other one in UTAR.

chongsw,

so sorry for you and ur wife's loss.

My deepest condolence to you and wife.

Chong, my deepest condolence to you and your wife. Do take care of your wife okie.. she needs you as the pillar of her strength now! Meanwhile, have a safe journey home..

chongsw,

So sorry to hear this. Do take care. :(

I was devastated when my grandfather passed away. Couldn't even attend his funeral... But it gave me great comfort to know he's now in a better place and he won't be suffering anymore.

My deepest condolences too. It's never easy to deal with the loss of a loved one. Gotta be strong for your wife and her family. They will need u right now. Take care.

chongsw:

I'm so sorry to hear abt ur loss. Hugs to u and ur wife...

babysiew:

My company had just shortened our bereavement days to 1 day instead of 3, and we can only qualify for vacation days after we worked 1900 hours a year, which brings us to mid-december ... I hate Americans! I can't imagine what I'll do when something happens to my family :blink:

Thanks ladies. That makes me realise that I also have friends here. I've booked my ticket back to KL as planned.

I was on the line with to my wife just now. She seems to lost her voice. I'm so sakit hati.

The company I'm working for is giving 5 days of compassionate leave. Applies to immediate family members (parents & siblings), grand-parents and parents in-law.

chongsw,

deepest condolences to you too... your wife will be glad that you can be with her during this time... :)

i lost my granny in less than a month after my AD last time. i don't even get to attend her funeral... :(

Dear chongsw,

My deepest condolences to you and your wife. Losing a loved one is always the hardest thing. Going back to KL and be by ur wife's side will definitely help her to pull through this difficult period. *Hugs*

Chong... huggies... pack ur bag and fast fast go back home... i feel for u, man... hugs... makes me feel like crying when u said u sakit hati listen ur wife lost her voice... sigh... hugs to Ang and u

My condolences to you and your family. *hugs*

Don't grieve too much for those who have gone. Death ends a life not a relationship. Remember that your MIL is off in a far better place now where she'll never feel anything but happiness and lots of youthful vigour! And for all you know, she may come back to check on you and wifey every now and then (don't be scared or think this is funny - it happened to my mum!).

In the meantime, encourage your wife and FIL to build a closer bond...why? Because things that need to be said ought to be heard when the person is still alive. They should receive hugs and kisses when they can still savour and appreciate them.

For the rest of us, life is frail so if you love someone, tell them today. Go spent some time and go visit them. Don't wait until it's too late...when the spirit is gone and the body is no longer able to function.

chongsw,

my deepest condolences to u and angsh. send my regards n hugs to her too.

wish u a safe journey home and do drive kfully to alor star after a long flight. auntie will be resting in peace knowing that u will take good care of angsh n her family. take k ya...

Chongsw, my deepest condolences. Please be strong to be the pillar that your wife + FIL needs right now.

Chongsw, my deepest condolences. Please be strong to be the pillar that your wife + FIL needs right now.

My condolences to you Chongsw.... Be strong for ur family ya..

Chongsw,

my deepest condolence to you and your wife too. Take care of yourself, as your wife & in-laws will need your support too :)

take care...