DANIEL LEE

WEDDING GAMES that have gone too far & spoilt the Wedding Mood.

My friend told me he was a heng dai at his friend's wedding and that they are forced to eat bugs....seriously, that's over for me. I think my Korean American husband and his friends will puke if my ji mui treat them like that haha.For sure they will take the next flight out from Malaysia!

Yes chihuahua. Even Amanda Angels has long been very against these silly rubbish games. I totally agree with what a lot of the people said in that forum.

Enough of these rubbish and stupid games!

i am totally against the groom and hengdais (namely GUYS) being forced to wear panties and bras on them or worse, disposable panties on their heads. heck, would a girl even wear a panty on her head and call herself superwoman? and banana sucking from the crotch? that's just gross. also, leave the breastfeeding to the real moms pls? i seriously don't understand the significance of such games or any hengdai games for that matter. childish and there's no romantic vibe at all with all those crazy shouting and laughing.

my FH once "threatened" that if i ever have these games at all, he would walk out during "fetching the bride". lucky for him, i have no plans for such rubbish. i concur to that lowyat thread totally. :D

personally, i condemn such silly games also...

therefore i've been thinking what games are decent and at least have some intelligence in it that able to show the groom's sincerity? hmm....

it's your big day and so is for your husband. respect him la. what would you do if you get humiliated like that on your wedding day? you may find it fun torturing him at that moment, but what if he holds grudges and do the same to you for the rest of your life. also think how you would appear in the eyes of your in-laws for doing that to their son. i will also not let my friends humiliate my hubby like that. he's my hubby and so even if wanna torture, only i can do that :p

therefore i've been thinking what games are decent and at least have some intelligence in it that able to show the groom's sincerity? hmm....

yea, any idea anyone?

yea, any idea anyone?

Yup, looking for simple and decent games..

I recently helped my best fren to come out with the ji mui. since i was only allocated 15 mins before everyone had to rush to the church, here are some really simple but meaningful stuff to share =)

1. Round #1: Got the heng dai to drink up a mixture of coffee, choc, yogurt & some cayene chili powder (sweet, sour, bitter & spicy concoction) before entering the house.

2. Round #2: Heng dai to play a love song and groom to sing to the bride before entering the bride's room

3. Round #3: Groom to list 10 reasons why bride shd marry him

1. Round #1: Got the heng dai to drink up a mixture of coffee, choc, yogurt & some cayene chili powder (sweet, sour, bitter & spicy concoction) before entering the house.

If you do this to the Heng Tais...it is only FAIR that the Ji MUIS also drink the exact same things. If not...you are not being fair.

I recently helped my best fren to come out with the ji mui. since i was only allocated 15 mins before everyone had to rush to the church, here are some really simple but meaningful stuff to share =)

2. Round #2: Heng dai to play a love song and groom to sing to the bride before entering the bride's room

Round #2 and #3 is good.

but not Round #1....this is what we meant as SILLY games...

Round #2 and #3 is good.

but not Round #1....this is what we meant as SILLY games...

I cant agree more. :thumbsu:

My bridesmaid been trying to brief FH on the games on many occassions. My FH's respond --> See you in church & for certain he will walk out.

My FH is a very very shy person, bridesmaid is trying to test the water if he is up to just some mild games like singing a song, reading out the contract of marriages & etc..

round #1 is absolutely toned down concoction no worries heng dai. in fact u shd recognise that this is the secret recipe for the famous spicy hot choc that u can find in Oaxaca in Mexico (and i love it very much). in fact, heng dai somehow enjoyed drinking it. u guys shd really be open-minded and try this out before making a judgement =)

round #1 is absolutely toned down concoction no worries heng dai. in fact u shd recognise that this is the secret recipe for the famous spicy hot choc that u can find in Oaxaca in Mexico (and i love it very much). in fact, heng dai somehow enjoyed drinking it. u guys shd really be open-minded and try this out before making a judgement =)

So the girls are exempted from drinking this is it? If yes...then it's not fair at all.

If you want the guys to drink whatever...you girls also MUST drink the same thing.

This bitter drink is to symbolize that the couple will endure together whatever bitterness that may happen in the marriage, right?

If so....why only the groom must drink? The bride no need? No logic at all.

it's no different from symbolizing that the groom will endure bitterness ALONE(cos he alone drank it)....while the bride doesnt need to.

If you want it to mean anything....BOTH must drink it together.

I fully agreed . Personal point of view, it is really meaningless to torture heng dais and groom to prove that he appreciate us nor we r more valueable after they being tortured.

1. Round #1: Got the heng dai to drink up a mixture of coffee, choc, yogurt & some cayene chili powder (sweet, sour, bitter & spicy concoction) before entering the house.If you do this to the Heng Tais...it is only FAIR that the Ji MUIS also drink the exact same things. If not...you are not being fair.
I recently helped my best fren to come out with the ji mui. since i was only allocated 15 mins before everyone had to rush to the church, here are some really simple but meaningful stuff to share =)1. Round #1: Got the heng dai to drink up a mixture of coffee, choc, yogurt & some cayene chili powder (sweet, sour, bitter & spicy concoction) before entering the house.2. Round #2: Heng dai to play a love song and groom to sing to the bride before entering the bride's room3. Round #3: Groom to list 10 reasons why bride shd marry him
Round #2 and #3 is good.but not Round #1....this is what we meant as SILLY games...
So the girls are exempted from drinking this is it? If yes...then it's not fair at all.If you want the guys to drink whatever...you girls also MUST drink the same thing.This bitter drink is to symbolize that the couple will endure together whatever bitterness that may happen in the marriage, right?If so....why only the groom must drink? The bride no need? No logic at all.
it's no different from symbolizing that the groom will endure bitterness ALONE(cos he alone drank it)....while the bride doesnt need to.If you want it to mean anything....BOTH must drink it together.
Again...I say...enough of these kind of stupid 'games' and 'tasks'! . It doesnt help at all.

depends on how sporting the people are. no point making this a bitter topic or applauding yourselves just because of gate-crashing.

in fact i have witnessed myself some of the more adrenaline intense gate-crashing where the guys actually enjoy doing crazy stuff.

it's all about personality and mentality.

so rule of thumb, if groom isn't willing to go the extra mile due to whatsoever reason, better communicate this to the bride earlier so that u don't end up getting frustrated and publicly ranting it here in the forum.

no offence k? =)