Please help... wedding venue in klang valley

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi fellow sifu's,

Would appreciate some suggestion on wedding reception venue. Planned to have my big day on the 13th April 2013, and yes it would be Indian wedding. Thought of having it in the golf courses, as the hotel packages seems to be too pricey for me. Listed are my preference and barries, hope some one there could help me out on this:

Preference

---------------

- capacity of 500-600 pax

- preferably allow external caterers

- to server alcohol

Barriers

-----------

Hotels are too costly

- those government halls are not allowing alcohol serving or restricted to take their malay restaurant caterrers.<KGPA,sacc,civic hall, ...>

- those golf courses, dont allow us to cater outside foods, and their indian packages are not as promising.<bkt jalil golg clb, sime darby cc, tropicana golf club etc>

- if manage to get all of those, the capacity is small

shortlisted

----------

Kelab golf negara subang - the place is quite old thoug..

kelab golf aziz sha golf club - max capacity 300+

PLease help........

Posted · Report post

Hi fellow sifu's,

Would appreciate some suggestion on wedding reception venue. Planned to have my big day on the 13th April 2013, and yes it would be Indian wedding. Thought of having it in the golf courses, as the hotel packages seems to be too pricey for me. Listed are my preference and barries, hope some one there could help me out on this:

Preference

---------------

- to server alcohol

Barriers

-----------

Hotels are too costly

- those government halls are not allowing alcohol serving or restricted to take their malay restaurant caterrers.<KGPA,sacc,civic hall, ...>

- those golf courses, dont allow us to cater outside foods, and their indian packages are not as promising.<bkt jalil golg clb, sime darby cc, tropicana golf club etc>

shortlisted

----------

PLease help........

Hi, I went to this Ideal Convention Centre at Selayang recently. They have a few halls to cater different crowd. Perhaps you can check it out?

Hope this helps and good luck in your planning! Congrats...

Posted · Report post

Hi fellow sifu's,

Preference

---------------

- to server alcohol

Barriers

-----------

Hotels are too costly

shortlisted

----------

PLease help........

Hi, I went to this Ideal Convention Centre at Selayang recently. They have a few halls to cater different crowd. Perhaps you can check it out?

Hope this helps and good luck in your planning! Congrats...

Thank you so much for the info mysnappy and lenaho will check it out

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Perhaps you could check out Carcosa Seri Negera.

But it might be slight pricey though, you could ask for their garden wedding prices

and FYI i have no ideas about their barriers.

You could try it out i guess.

Debbie

The Raw Note Wedding Live Band

Posted · Report post

try rent a hall from any schools or community halls around e.g. the BU Community Hall in PJ. for this volume of capacity it is definitely costly to get hotels or restaurants. since ur going for this option perhaps most of the stuff would be DIY but its ok as long as u have the manpower. in fact if some of ur friends or relatives could sing and dance or play the guitar, u don't even need to hire any live bands (i'm planning to do it too) =)

hope this helps!

Posted · Report post

Have you tried asking HGH Convention Hall (http://www.hghconvention.com/) located in Sentul?

I have been to dinners there and they allow external caterers and are not sticky about alcohol being served.The hall is very professionally fitted out - has big stage, lightings, backdrop etc. Hall is also pillarless and can seat many tables.

Posted · Report post

Trust that u have found your ideal location. Otherwise, u can consider Kenanga Wholesale City, I heard they have a hall that can accomodate up to 1000 pax tho am not sure if alchohol is allowed. Alternatively, there is this restaurant in Jalan yap kwan seng Kl that can possible customise your wedding, altough its a malay restaurant but they had done indian weddings before and can serve alchohol (as its pork free & the owners are chinese). If you still havent decided on a venue, can check them out on their website www.songketrestaurant.com