Sign in to follow this  
barley

Is it wrong to ask for wedding gift ?

I am getting married soon. just something i am curious about.. is it wrong to ask for wedding gift instead of the Angpau $$$ ? nowadays, money is not that valuable, thats y thinking of GIFT, is it better?? wanted to list down the items that I was longing for.. does it sound too much ?

It is possible but trust me, it will be a giant pain-in-the-ass to organise. Malaysia's not used to registries which means stores will not have coordinated lists. You'd have to list down brand names, model number etc. online or something and even then, people will probably buy the wrong thing.

Just get angpows and use that to buy stuff! Way better;)

ya... y not if the gift in your list is not too pricey.. hehe..no problem one lah... but how u going to make sure everyone not give you same gift ? :D

I am getting married soon. just something i am curious about.. is it wrong to ask for wedding gift instead of the Angpau $$$ ? nowadays, money is not that valuable, thats y thinking of GIFT, is it better?? wanted to list down the items that I was longing for.. does it sound too much ?

Actually I wanted to have a 40" Smart Full HD LED TV with surround system lo.. thought of it can put in my new house la.

The 40" Smart Full HD LED TV from Samsung? wow... you are so greedy! luckily i am not your friend. hahaha... but if you really really want it but don't want to pay the price, ask all your friends to dial *128#... I saw can win lots of similar prizes leh... Samsung 40" Smart Full HD LED TV, Samsung Galaxy S III, Pioneer Blu – Ray front surround system, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7", Nikon Coolpix waterproof AW100! so many and all super attractive... attached a photo, if all your friends dial, surely one will win right?? I helped you find a photo if you dont know what im talking about~

Slide1-5.jpg

The 40" Smart Full HD LED TV from Samsung? wow... you are so greedy! luckily i am not your friend. hahaha... but if you really really want it but don't want to pay the price, ask all your friends to dial *128#... I saw can win lots of similar prizes leh... Samsung 40" Smart Full HD LED TV, Samsung Galaxy S III, Pioneer Blu – Ray front surround system, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7", Nikon Coolpix waterproof AW100! so many and all super attractive... attached a photo, if all your friends dial, surely one will win right?? I helped you find a photo if you dont know what im talking about~

By dialing *128# to win prizes daily ? Real or not? Is that a contest or what ? If can WIN PRIZES DAILY, thn I wanna give it a try as well, that would make my wedding even more awesome!!!

you should only ask for Presents from Close Friends and that too, you have to be mindful of how much the Present cost. Normally these close friends will ask you what you want and then you can causally mention it. If you ask outtight, you may be seen to be 'money minded'. In short, yes, its not right to ask outright for presents, esp those that cost like RM5k, unless a pool of friends / relatives are sharing it. The anology is that you print on your "Wedding Card", minimum andpow is RM250 per pax. How would you feel if you receive such a wedding invitation card.

When you invite friends / relatives over for a wedding, its because you want to share your special moment with them or cos your parents wanted to invite them. And when ppl come to your wedding, the custom is to give some angpow to 'bless' the newly weds / help them financially. How much they give depends on how well they are doing and how much they value the relationship. Most good friends will give more than enough to cover the cost of the weddiing dinner (on a per head basis) and close relatives will normally give more. However, bear in mind, most of us are 'makan gaji' only, so you can't expect too much.

But its your wedding and your friends / relatives. You know them better. Just my humble opinion.

this might be is a MLM lo.....firstly they will need you to join first..and after that you will get all these items ..i remember i join this before and am not going anymore lo....

No la!! What I'm talking about is from Xpax.. Ha. Ya la, if you really wanna win, you can always give it a try. Maybe also call the friends who are attending your wedding!! They give away gadgets that are worth RM10000 everyday, so more people increase the chances!! all you do is just pick a pack from talk, surf, text or fun. if you really give it a try, good luck.

LOL OMG indeed. If you want such an expensive gift as a TV, angpows are better la cause no friend is going to give you RM5k ok;) Just collect the angpows and use that to buy a TV, I don't see why that's not possible?

i think it's ok to have wedding registry, no problem as this is western style. as long as both ur parents are ok then that should not pose any major in-law issues in future =)