jellybelly

Eastin vs Concorde vs Equatorial vs Sheraton Subang

Hello all,

I need all your input as to which is a better place for a wedding reception. I am planning for Sept, 2008 - 30 tables. Cuz I am not in M'sia - it is not easy to decide based on pics on the net. I would like to know which hotel is better in terms of: food, service, ambiance and deco.

All your input is greatly appriciated hor - thanks in advance sin :)

hummmm - no suggestion for me?

What about down to 2 hotels now - Sheraton vs Eastin

Sheraton. coz Eastin's service kinda suck.

Awwwwwwww 2ys - thanks for the reply :)

My friend in KL told me to go with Sheraton too - but she said food wise - Eastin is better. Since you've been there b4 - can you give more comments please - like food and ambiance; which hotel is better?

2ys, why did u say Eastin service kind of suck? mind sharing? coz I'm also considering Eastin (other than Saujana)... also some members said it was ok ah.. thanks much..

:lol: haha.. jellybelly.. me no date yet... only considering stage..

Wan Yee,

Ahhh - ic. Cuz I called Eastin - and they told me they already have tentative bookings for both, Sat and Sun of the week I am considering - so I thought it was u when i saw your posting - :P .

Well - Planning a wedding involves a lot of work.... but lotsa fun tho :lol: Enjoy!!!

hahah jellybelly.. I wish! :lol:

2ys, why did u say Eastin service kind of suck? mind sharing? coz I'm also considering Eastin (other than Saujana)... also some members said it was ok ah.. thanks much..

i went there to enquire about the banquet and was 'entertained' by their banquet manager. He gave me the info on the packages and roughly explained to me their packages, and told me to confirm my booking as soon as possible with their sales department because Eastin is a very popular place. When i called up their sales personnel, they were so arrogant and rude. and not helpful at all. and there is clearly no communication between their banquet manager and their sales personnel. As one person promised me something and the other denied.

So in the end, I went to Holiday Villa instead.

o i c.. thanks for your feedback 2ys..

sometimes they (hotels in general) are quite fast in replying.. but sometimes they also can reply to you like 1 week after you have e-mailed to them... And of course there are some who don't even reply at all!

Hi, Jellybelly.

Do u have the quotations for the 4 hotels? Would like to know their menu price.

If you have, can u pls. send to my email: amyho3@yahoo.com?

Thanks!

Guest kirei

i agree eastin service not that good. went to my frd's wedd at eastin, a poor waiter got to serve 4 table min at one shot. when we order to refill our drk, took ages to come back to us, end up we took/refill the drink ourselves <_<

i thk they have lack of waiter/cut cost on that althou they promised my frd that they will allocate 1 waiter for every 2 tables

Hi, Jellybelly.

Do u have the quotations for the 4 hotels? Would like to know their menu price.

If you have, can u pls. send to my email: amyho3@yahoo.com?

Thanks!

Hi Amy,

Check your email. I sent you Sheraton Subang. As for Concorde - I saw their package online - starting at $888 (if I am not mistaken). Eastin - like I said - I am still waiting for their reply - but over the phone they said - packages starting from $838 onwards. I didn't request for Equatorial - somehow it got dropped off my list.

If I receive from Eastin, I will fwd them to you immediately.

Wan Yee & Jellybelly,

Thanks for the link and email. My budget is RM800 nett for a table.

Jellybelly, since u said that the price has increased by RM100...so that means it's ard RM900 ++ per table already...I'm wondering by 2009 the price is 1000 ++?? That's a lot! :lol:

jellybelly, I had the same dilemma with you last time. Sheraton vs Eastin. I chose Eastin. The service is not that bad, just that the pricing for the following year (2008) may be a bit slow. My wedding was in Jan 2007 and i faced the same situation. They couldn't give me the confirmed rate until quite late.

The other thing that made me chose Eastin is because the hall accommodates 30+ tables perfectly. As for Sheraton, the hall is big and when I enquired, they told me that the priority is given to those with >60 tables. Otherwise, the ballroom have to be shared.

Ask yourself if do you mind sharing the hall? Although the hall is partitioned but the cocktail area is kinda open. That is something that I wouldn't want for my wedding.

Anyway, after Eastin got back to me, I find that the marketing person in charge is very, very nice and accommodating. I was so happy with her service and even wrote a letter of recommendation to her boss. Eastin food is also good.

Also please enquire if there are other 'hidden charges' that can be waived...such as: -

- Projector (Sheraton charges for that)

- Flower pedestals along the isle (my friend told me Sheraton also charges for that)

- Ceiling Drapes (if you like)

- Corkage

- Additional extra rooms etc....

my advice is to get the most flexible hotel...it will definitely make your wedding planning more pleasant!

jellybelly, I had the same dilemma with you last time. Sheraton vs Eastin. I chose Eastin. The service is not that bad, just that the pricing for the following year (2008) may be a bit slow. My wedding was in Jan 2007 and i faced the same situation. They couldn't give me the confirmed rate until quite late.

The other thing that made me chose Eastin is because the hall accommodates 30+ tables perfectly. As for Sheraton, the hall is big and when I enquired, they told me that the priority is given to those with >60 tables. Otherwise, the ballroom have to be shared.

Ask yourself if do you mind sharing the hall? Although the hall is partitioned but the cocktail area is kinda open. That is something that I wouldn't want for my wedding.

Anyway, after Eastin got back to me, I find that the marketing person in charge is very, very nice and accommodating. I was so happy with her service and even wrote a letter of recommendation to her boss. Eastin food is also good.

Also please enquire if there are other 'hidden charges' that can be waived...such as: -

- Projector (Sheraton charges for that)

- Flower pedestals along the isle (my friend told me Sheraton also charges for that)

- Ceiling Drapes (if you like)

- Corkage

- Additional extra rooms etc....

my advice is to get the most flexible hotel...it will definitely make your wedding planning more pleasant!

Hi FlowerPower!

Thanks for your input - I will seriously reconsider. So far, the person in charge at Sheraton is very nice - at least they reply to my emails immediately. As for Eastin - I had requested for a quote over 2 weeks now and still havent heard back from them - That scares me because they don't seem as professional.

You are right, there are lotsa hidden cost with Sheraton like:

• Ceiling drapes
  • Projector
  • Corkage fee for Beer
  • Corkage fee for Wine and hard liquor
  • Mock cake - have to pay for real cake
  • no VIP room - cuz i only have 30 tables
  • 50% food tasting if I have less than 30 tables

All these fees adds up. I try to ask as much Q as possible so that I don't have any surprise cost at the end. Nonetheless, the coordinators had been very friendly. But they are a little too stiff on prices - so far I only manage to negotiate on corkage fee for wine and hard liquor. Anyone out there have any tips for me?

Thanks!

Dear jellybelly,

You may try Ritz Carlton. Their service is the best, however I haven't tried their food. I have previously asked for a quotation from them, and the sales manager was more than happy to help. I kind of forget her name, i left her name card in the office. Will update you when I go back to the office. But Ritz Carlton is in KL though. Let me know if you need it.

Food wise, Eastin has got it. Went to a function before, their food is superb.

Sheraton is not bad too. Love their seafood.

Cheers,

Ashley

Hi everyone!! Just to share my experience with Eastin Hotel. My FH & I finally decided on Eastin fr our listed hotels (Prince, Crowne Plaza & Parkroyal) mainly because my FMIL knows the top management and we were able to bargain on the package with him. It is also very near my house. I read that the service from Eastin is not so reputable. May I know from what expect har?? Well.... they did promise 1 waiter to 2 tbls... Must feedback to mgmt so that they won't spoil my big day! :unsure:

As for the quotation, I believe the slow response could be due to the previous sales staff Ms Lore has just resigned this mth and the new staff is still picking up. Well she is quite nice though. Anyone interested can email Michelle. Food wise... quite ok. To me, the decoration & ambience so-so only... They include the ceiling drapes & flower pedestals in the package... and the normal table centerpiece would be flower petals.. quite boring leh... but this is not an issue coz I love to DIY... :D

Equatorial.. the ballroom is a big no to me coz the ceiling is too low & it's too small... their Chinese rest ambience is quite nice but again ceiling is low. Crowne Plaze - the hall is too big for me. Like flowerpower said, Eastin ballroom fits ~30 tbls perfectly.

I will pay my deposit for Eastin next wk. Hope I've made the right choice... In my opinion, it's more impt to get a plc most convenient for your guests, suits your budget + needs & u feel comfortable with. For me it's Eastin.. ;)