Im 25, bf 3 years younger, got a great news, am 10 weeks pregnant. We were in a brief dilemma of getting rid of it, but critical consideration, and how special the baby is when we discovered its presence, and the chemistry with us, we decided to keep. Severe dilemma now, my parents initiate a wedding ceremony, somehow initially my plan was to get ROM ceremony first, until i have my baby delivered only we proceed for the chinese tradition wedding. As we both now resides in Selangor, but I am from Kuching, he is from Limbang, that is another two different cities in Sarawak. Meaning to say, the dowry part my mum insist his parents have to go Kuching, and wedding have to be within december latest else my tummy is obvious. But the gist is, I do not want to rush things, it is very very rush since it is now November, and we have yet gone to pick an appropriate wedding date according to the lunar calendar, needless to say venue and stuffs. Just, if, it is alright according to chinese tradition that if I hold the traditional ceremony with my baby, by then delivered and probably few months old?

I am feeling like my mum has not been considerate enough for the peak timing, and since I have always wanted a baby, just because concerning about getting pregnant before married would harm parents' tradition mind n etc that put us in dilemma to get rid of it. We realised, its a family of us, why would we sacrifice for others sake. And now that if we rush the wedding, we would be doing it unwillingly, just to please my mum. Also, short timing, budget constraint, in fact, everything is a rush. Do give me some 2cents about my case. Great appreciate!

Im 25, bf 3 years younger, got a great news, am 10 weeks pregnant. We were in a brief dilemma of getting rid of it, but critical consideration, and how special the baby is when we discovered its presence, and the chemistry with us, we decided to keep. Severe dilemma now, my parents initiate a wedding ceremony, somehow initially my plan was to get ROM ceremony first, until i have my baby delivered only we proceed for the chinese tradition wedding. As we both now resides in Selangor, but I am from Kuching, he is from Limbang, that is another two different cities in Sarawak. Meaning to say, the dowry part my mum insist his parents have to go Kuching, and wedding have to be within december latest else my tummy is obvious. But the gist is, I do not want to rush things, it is very very rush since it is now November, and we have yet gone to pick an appropriate wedding date according to the lunar calendar, needless to say venue and stuffs. Just, if, it is alright according to chinese tradition that if I hold the traditional ceremony with my baby, by then delivered and probably few months old?

I am feeling like my mum has not been considerate enough for the peak timing, and since I have always wanted a baby, just because concerning about getting pregnant before married would harm parents' tradition mind n etc that put us in dilemma to get rid of it. We realised, its a family of us, why would we sacrifice for others sake. And now that if we rush the wedding, we would be doing it unwillingly, just to please my mum. Also, short timing, budget constraint, in fact, everything is a rush. Do give me some 2cents about my case. Great appreciate!

Wow...that's really rushing, but not impossible. You can still have a great wedding. Just plan with a happy heart... I wish you all the best, dear.

Wow...that's really rushing, but not impossible. You can still have a great wedding. Just plan with a happy heart... I wish you all the best, dear.

Thanks a lot!

me and my bf firmly decided to hold the wedding, which involves all the chinese ceremony in the morning, till the church mass about noon, and buffet to guest, only after i delivered my baby. Year end is too peak from now, less than one month preparation, and we need to be in Kuching to confirm booking and stuffs, our home here need somebody to take care of, too rush to get somebody, and of course, do not wana rush getting a gown, ring, etc. Hectic.

I am the one who wed, and if to just please my mum with her so awful traditional mindset, and it complicates me and my bf, it is not worth it. I would want a relaxed preparation for my wedding, afterall its once a life time. No rush. It is double hapiness to have our baby together.

Any objections?. :). Peace!

I think i agreed with your decision, but is good to explain to your mom regarding ur wedding planning (anyhow, most old folk, put face as priorirty ) . Are you consider to have your rom first?

I used to think that, wedding is 2 person matter. Especially when the moment you decided to marry with ur bf, I think priority should be the spouse. Of cause we hv to honour our parents also. But I think if I were you, I will put me and my fh as priority in this decision making. It is a practice to making decision togther and stand firm to protect each other.

Good not to start your wedding with " disagreement" with fh.

All the best. :)

me and my bf firmly decided to hold the wedding, which involves all the chinese ceremony in the morning, till the church mass about noon, and buffet to guest, only after i delivered my baby. Year end is too peak from now, less than one month preparation, and we need to be in Kuching to confirm booking and stuffs, our home here need somebody to take care of, too rush to get somebody, and of course, do not wana rush getting a gown, ring, etc. Hectic.

I am the one who wed, and if to just please my mum with her so awful traditional mindset, and it complicates me and my bf, it is not worth it. I would want a relaxed preparation for my wedding, afterall its once a life time. No rush. It is double hapiness to have our baby together.

Any objections?. :). Peace!