Sign in to follow this  
shuen23

Bridal boutiques in Melaka (my experience)

Hi all,

I recently got married on the 3rd November 2012 in Melaka. My husband is from Klang. So it was only a wedding dinner banquet in Melaka. I wanted to look for nice and reasonably priced wedding gowns. As I did not opt for pre-wedding shoots, most of the bridal boutiques in Melaka were quite cold towards me. I don't know if it is just that service in Melaka is generally poor, or they were biased as I wasn't about to engage them in a package deal. There are more bridal boutiques that provides poor services, but to be fair, I will only list those that I personally went to and experience on my own.

"Ribbon and Lace Bridal" in Melaka Raya. Ribbon and Lace sells wedding gowns at very affordable price from RM300-800. I went there 2 rounds. The first round, the sales girl was pretty helpful. She even introduced me to a photographer who happened to be around. However, their gowns are limited. Only one piece per design. And when I couldn't find what I wanted, I asked her when will they stock up on the gowns. The sales girl could not give me an answer. She said, it's not fixed as when they have sold off old gowns, then only will they stock up. So I gave her my number and asked that she call me when they stock up. She never called back. I went back after 2 months. This time another sales girl attended to me. She was not helpful and did not offer any advice or whatsoever. She just stands there like a pillar. And the same gown I tried the last time was still there. So I gave up on Ribbon and Lace.

"Classic Wedding Castle" in Melaka Raya. Honestly, the dresses were new and very nice. As usual, I only wanted a gown or two. The sales girl was of no help. In fact, I think she'd rather not do my business. All she did was lead me to the dresses area with rows of dresses and said "these are our gowns". I had no idea how to look for the gown. So I asked her where are the puffy gowns. All she said was "each row also got puffy gown". -_- So I just pointed, I want that and that. She let me try the gowns and when I asked for the price she said "when you decided you want then only we discuss price, very inconvenient for me to keep checking the price tag for you". -_- "Super friendly and helpful" So I banned Classic Wedding Castle as well. Besides that, the salesgirl also kept telling me "why you don't want package.." and kept telling me all the inconvenience of not having a package. Super negative.

"Taipei Bridal Palace" Melaka. This is the worst of them all. Taipei Bridal sucks big time. Before I went, I called to make an appointment. When I arrived, I told them my circumstances, which is the one or two bridal gowns. All the gowns the salesgirl recommended were designer gowns costing RM1k and above. This is definitely not in my budget. So I asked for cheaper gowns. She brought me to a place filled with gowns but all dirty and obviously old. The colours were faded. So I decided since I was there I'll try a few gowns. Same like Classic, she just stood there watching me. Not assisting at all. So I picked my own gown. The first gown, I asked whether I could try it on. She just looked at the gown and said, this one is dirty due to being used in outdoor shooting. okkaaay. So I picked another. She said this one not your size. -_- Then I continue looking. Another couple came, she immediately dumped me and asked a junior staff to stand by for me. -_- I felt that was rude because she did not have the courtesy to inform me. So I left immediately after thanking the junior staff. Seriously I would not recommend this place to ANYONE. Do not even bother trying. I heard also that it's pretty pricey.

I almost gave up searching for gowns in Melaka. Until I found "My Wedding Gallery" Melaka Raya.

I went in without a prior appointment. The salesgirl was helpful. Really helpful. I tell you they give top class services. I told her what I wanted. She immediately brought me to where the gowns were and asked what kind of gowns I'm looking for, the colour, the type, whether tube/sleeves etc. So I told her what I wanted, she immediately recommended a few for me to try, even alerting me which ones are new (not worn before). The gowns were lovely! Everything I imagined it to be. The price was very reasonable. I took one evening gown(RM420) and one bridal gown (RM480). Cheaper than Classic and Taipei. She even asked since I don't have package, whether I needed service in decorating the bridal car and corsages. This is called value-added service! I felt like they treated me as equal customers even though I only wanted gown and not their package deal.

I was very disappointed with the bridal boutiques in Melaka. The service does not even come close to what you would get in KL. Probably due to lack of competition. But My Wedding Gallery saved the day! I will blog about my experience with these boutiques so that more people will know!

I hope my experience will be able to help other brides-to-be in Melaka as information regarding Melaka Bridal experiences is severely lacking on the internet.

I agree some of bridal shop Melaka provide poor customer services.  I face this problem when I take photo shooting in Taipei Bridal. The photographer was not good in guide us nice pose and people shooting. They provide  make up  and hair do not really good as they are not good in bridal image.The make up artist was not look like professional make up artist. Their after sales services very bad. I did not recommend this bridal shop.