roseisrose

The Majestic Hotel KL

Hi BTBS,

The Majestic just reopened on 8 Dec 2012. Do go and check it out. Though it will be very very expensive.

But good to know what is the price range like. The ballroom can accommodate 100 tables.

Just called and spoke to the Nicholas from the Catering department, under the Sales dept. He mentioned that Majestic can only cater for 80 tables and above at the moment. If you have less than 80, they cant do for you. He will recommend to Ritz or possibly Marriott.

And yes its expensive. About 200++ per pax, so that means its 2000++ per table already :)

Sad that they cant have a smaller package as I am sure many brides would love to hold their wedding at this Vintage Style Hotel.

Just called and spoke to the Nicholas from the Catering department, under the Sales dept. He mentioned that Majestic can only cater for 80 tables and above at the moment. If you have less than 80, they cant do for you. He will recommend to Ritz or possibly Marriott.

And yes its expensive. About 200++ per pax, so that means its 2000++ per table already :)

Sad that they cant have a smaller package as I am sure many brides would love to hold their wedding at this Vintage Style Hotel.

Oh well, we have booked Majestic for our wedding this year, we have secured the ballroom since end of last year before it was re-opened. Our wedding planner managed to arrange for us to view the Ballroom before the reopening so we can quickly decide and placed a booking.

But this is what we understand, for us to secure the ballroom, which is a pillar-less ballroom, we need to spend a minimum of RM120k. We told them, we only have around 60 tables, they said is okay, but it will be very spacious since it is cater for around 130 tables. But as long as we can spend more than RM120k and above it will be fine. Wedding planner suggested multiple ways to fill up the ballroom with decoration & etc.

Still waiting for the first wedding dinner to be held there, so we can get a feel of how to decorate the ballroom.

Oh well, we have booked Majestic for our wedding this year, we have secured the ballroom since end of last year before it was re-opened. Our wedding planner managed to arrange for us to view the Ballroom before the reopening so we can quickly decide and placed a booking.

But this is what we understand, for us to secure the ballroom, which is a pillar-less ballroom, we need to spend a minimum of RM120k. We told them, we only have around 60 tables, they said is okay, but it will be very spacious since it is cater for around 130 tables. But as long as we can spend more than RM120k and above it will be fine. Wedding planner suggested multiple ways to fill up the ballroom with decoration & etc.

Still waiting for the first wedding dinner to be held there, so we can get a feel of how to decorate the ballroom.

RM120K is ok i think.

in Marriot KL, min spending is RM99K (year 2012)

i heard there were weddings held there already the past weeks. no coverage on them yet though.

who is your planner btw ? can share?

btw, is the ceiling high ? cos from pics cant judge. such big space, i hope the ceiling is high ......otherwise wont do it justice :)

RM120K is ok i think.

in Marriot KL, min spending is RM99K (year 2012)

i heard there were weddings held there already the past weeks. no coverage on them yet though.

who is your planner btw ? can share?

btw, is the ceiling high ? cos from pics cant judge. such big space, i hope the ceiling is high ......otherwise wont do it justice :)

Wedding planner, Stephen Foong.. Haven't had time to follow up with him on any wedding held so far.. Still busy searching for my gowns..

Can't remember if the ceiling is high or not.. Looking at the photos that I took, it doesn't seems high thou as compare to MO one..

But it has side windows which give it an open kinda feeling, not a ballroom surrounded by 4 walls, personal preference I think.

It comes with huge LED screen with no additional charges, hence no backdrop required. A changing room beside the stage so you don't have to run up to the room to change. The down side of it is, expect some teething problems since is so new.. Crossing my fingers!!! Parking spaces are limited to 320 bays only, But they do have Majestic own Shutter buses operating from KL Sentral and Bukit Bintang area.. I mean I also don't expect my guests to dress up nicely and take the shutter bus.

still looking for gowns? when is your wedding babe? :)

where have u been looking at ? :)

I m so new at this, trying to PM you privately but couldnt find where to do so..

found my white gown at wedding isle, still searching for evening gown. Do you know where I can rent for a reasonable price? I hesitate to custom make cos I still not sure what type of dress will look good one me & the type of material..

Wedding middle of this yr..

When we started to plan our wedding Majestic is not even being rebuilt. As ours was a cross continental one, we would wait for the pre-opening tho being able to put in 100 tables would actually fit in nicely so that we dont have to have so many other receptions in other countries just to accomodate the guest. In the end, for the KL reception, we decided on Ritz Carlton which can only fit 40 tables. How I wish we would have discovered Majestic then

Hi BTBS,

I've noticed not much has been said about the Majestic Hotel following the last post in this topic in Jan.

Does anyone have any info on the venue or have had their wedding there recently? I'm thinking of booking Majestic for my wedding next year but was wondering what people's experience of the place has been so far (especially as the hotel is still relatively new).

If anyone has any views about the food, services, cost etc., do let me know :)

Thanks!

Hi Kaele

We had our wedding reception there few months back.

Just an update, you are now require to take up a min of 70 tables or RM140k revenue, per table now cost around RM2k++

Overall, the feedbacks from my guests were generally good, considering is hotel banquet food.

Service wise, so so, is individually serve hence everyone get an individual plate. Some guests complained that when they left the table for a toilet break & came back, the waiter refused the serve them the course they missed out on even thou they requested for the food.

And make sure you negotiate/ agreed on everything before placing a deposit! They were quite stiff with some of the terms.

Hotel standard rooms is at RM460++ per night.

email me at rs1608@yahoo.com if you need more infor.

Hi BTBS,

I've noticed not much has been said about the Majestic Hotel following the last post in this topic in Jan.

Does anyone have any info on the venue or have had their wedding there recently? I'm thinking of booking Majestic for my wedding next year but was wondering what people's experience of the place has been so far (especially as the hotel is still relatively new).

If anyone has any views about the food, services, cost etc., do let me know :)

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the info! ❤

Yeah, have been a bit worried about the food quality but am slightly more reassured now :) apparently they have JW Marriot's chef preparing the menu and from what I've heard, the food at Marriot is generally alright (for hotel food!)

Would it be possible for you to share your menu selections and quote for the dinner at Majestic if you dont mind? They've sent me a list of food options to choose from which can produce a quite as high as RM2.6k or RM2.7k I'm told! :( Just a bit worried about cost *sigh*

Do let me know if you're ok with that, thanks again!

xoxo

Yeah, have been a bit worried about the food quality but am slightly more reassured now :) apparently they have JW Marriot's chef preparing the menu and from what I've heard, the food at Marriot is generally alright (for hotel food!)

Would it be possible for you to share your menu selections and quote for the dinner at Majestic if you dont mind? They've sent me a list of food options to choose from which can produce a quite as high as RM2.6k or RM2.7k I'm told! :( Just a bit worried about cost *sigh*

xoxo

Their cheapest menu comes up to RM2,299 ++ (early this year). So that would mean RM2,299x1.16=RM2,666.94 per table for the minimum menu. And this is excluding your liquor cost (if you are serving)

If you want better fish or upgrade any other dishes, it will be an additional of RM200/RM400/etc depending on the chosen dish for upgrade.

so based on the requirement of minimum expenditure of RM140K, you will need about 52 tables (RM140K/RM2,666).

if you cant reach 52 tables, you can then work backwards, lets say you need 40 tables, RM140K/40 tables = RM3,500 per table. you can then upgrade your dishes so that it reaches RM3500 per table.

:)

Yes, is the same chef as the one from Marriot. My bro in law had their wedding in Marriot back in 2009, hence, my parents in law were so glad to see the same chef during our food tasting :-)

Our package was RM2,100++ as we upgraded our dessert, there rest of the menu were selected by our wedding planner, which I can email you a copy. Juz drop me an email at rs1608@yahoo.com. Bear in mind that we placed our deposit even before the hotel opening.

Roseisrose, I am not sure if they accept 40 tables as the ballroom is huge. I feel that 60 tables with a dance floor is juz nice.. not too crowded and still have plenty of space.. if u have no dance floor, probably around 70 tables.

xoxo

Yeah, 40 tables too few for that kind of sized ballroom. It will be just nice for 70 tables thereabouts.

But if BTBs want the food and the venue and have the budget, but do not have the number, they can work backwards la (if they want to) :D

Hey girls,

Thanks so much for the info!

Yeah, I've been informed that the minimum is 70 tables too. Just hope that an amount over 70 tables won't make the ballroom feel too crowded!

If you have any views on the other services offered in the wedding package (e.g wedding deco, pre-dinner service, hotel stay and facilities), that would be very helpful :)

rs1608 - Yes, it would be great if I could have a copy of your menu, thanks so much!! I have a feeling that they would have adjusted the prices since the hotel's opening though :( Will send you an e-mail soon - thanks again!

x