Guest kirei
Thanks for your feedback Kirei! Actually my girlfriend said the same thing as you :huh: So, I'll just leave it and let the guests wear whatever colour they want :P

May I make a suggestion for your EG colour? Since your theme is dark brown and beige, and your bridesmaids are wearing those colours, maybe you can choose an EG in a metallic colour like gold, bronze or burnished copper. I think it will complement your theme colour but also stands out. Fusionista wore a gold EG too :D just my two cents...

:) thks tamara...yes! bronze is in my list too...if i can a nice EG w bronze color...tats will be very nice and matching..if not i will op for other colors that close to dark brown...

oh i'm using lots candles for my wedd theme too ( to replace flowers as it is so mcuh cheaper actually). i will buy 100+ of tealight candles + holders ( cup type ) fr ikea, put along the walkway fr outside entrance till the ballroom entrance...

then i will have iron wrought candles along the aisle (provided by the hotel).

my cocktail tables- will have big block of candles ( brown & beige color candles) on each tables...

all my candles bought fr ikea too

Kirei

Thanks for the head up to go to Ikea yesterday.. You are right.. they were on sales for candles...

Me bought 6 sets of pure white candles at RM15.90. Each sets consist of the following

1) 17 cm tall 6 cm diameter

2) 13 cm tall 6 cm diameter

3) 10 cm tall 6 cm diameter

4) 15 cm tall 8 cm diameter

5) 8 cm tall 8 cm diameter

Enough for the 10 main flanking tables :))

Woo hoo!!... problem with candles finally solved.....

There were also the same set but with beige and brown, but those were not one sale... :( It is going for RM29.

I also bought red-coloured tealight candles.. it is really pretty... About Rm14 for 42 tealights.. I bought 2sets liau.. and some clear dish-like tealight holder....

Can't wait to go to Ikea to load more......

Btw me only going to put this on me invite card: Dress code: Formal - Anything but white.......

Hi Everyone~!

I am new here and just wanna share ideas/comments that can be use for my coming wedding. I wanted a red&white wedding theme. Somehow rather, I dont know how to find the stuffs that can compromise with these 2 colors.

Hoping we can share new thoughts and ideas! :rolleyes:

welcome to MB :)

red & white? cool theme. somehow i dun hv any idea to share with u now...

Guest kirei
eunice,

mb u can consider to put a candle (likes wat in the pic I show u) on the stage. Not many ppl can walk thru there but then everybody wil c tat..............but hv to make sure the stage got enuf space for the deco........

hi tamara,

talking bout candles- how safe is it...it came across my mind too...

for placing candles on the stage- i will not take the risk cos i heard a case where a couple places many candles on her wedd cake table. and don't know what happened that the candles causes fire on the stage cos the table cloth spread it very fast! it took some time to control the fire on the stage too.

supposingly i wish to have some candles hang on the tree as the pic shown here. then i experiment it at home to try how safe it goes. after it heat up for 30 min +, the ribbon was going to break!if use wire shld be safe.

i haven't experiment by kicking the tealight holders ( cup) with the candle! will let u know how dangerous/safe it goes after i try it ya! cos i worry some kids will kick it accidently since i have more than 100 along the walkway to the ballroom entrance.

i also wil assign 2 hengtai to keep an eye on all the candles every 45 min , i will also ask the hotel staff help too. just in case . to avoid any accident cause by the candles

111.jpg

Bravo Kirei, for experimenting on candle safety! I've never heard of a stage fire, but it could definitely happen, as it did to that poor couple in your story... better to be safe than sorry! Maybe the tealight candles can be placed at the side of the staircase... minimize the chance of people kicking it... along the walkway to your ballroom maybe you can use the covered lanterns from IKEA instead? Sprinkle rose petals from one lantern to the next to form a line... just a thought :huh:

I was quite hesitant to use the flower pedestal that comes with candle holders. Why, because the pedestals would be placed along the aisle in the middle of the ballroom and I was paranoid about people accidentally setting their hair or their clothing on fire if they get too close to the candles especially in a crowded ballroom.

Well, happy experimenting and let us know how it goes :blink:

Hi

I'm providing consultation for couples who are looking for interesting, unique and stylish wedding. Please feel free to drop me a note if you're interested. I can assure you it will be a non-commercial style but a very personalised effect.

You can email me at jeannietcm@gmail.com

Cheers

Jeannie

Hi Everyone~!

I am new here and just wanna share ideas/comments that can be use for my coming wedding. I wanted a red&white wedding theme. Somehow rather, I dont know how to find the stuffs that can compromise with these 2 colors.

Hoping we can share new thoughts and ideas! :rolleyes:

Hi Eunice

there are many tones of red and you need to plan it well. Wedding with theme colours need alot of creativity to ensure it blends well from all aspects.

wedding is a lifetime memory so you want all your photos, videos and etc to capture the best!! Let me know if you need further advice.

cheers

jeannie

Wow. Thats really red..... :lol:

ya...i was thinking, i should just let my maid of honor to wear maroon, bridemaids wearing red...at least..wont look all-so-red in the church...

i still need to do lots and lots of research... ;)

wow...that is too much red for me...i think its more obvious because its an outddor wedding and its bright outside...in the ballroom, the colour might not be so loud...but its nice nonetheless...

i am planning to wear a deep red wine EG...

anyone saw Eva Longaria & Tony Parker's wedding? She is using the white and red theme wor... I found that it was quite nice. Her gown was fabulous leh...darn, nice. (It is US$75,000!)

She has 9 bride's maid and all dress in red. Blood red. But their dresses all different patent la...

That's what my initial plan giving red apples as wedding favors but my mom doesn't like the idea as she thinks it's a bit difficult for the guests to carry the apples around. So..... have to think of something else!

i decided to get red apples as my wedding favors...

would tie a tiny ribbon.. :)

It is fine...

But i would choose to play around with my theme colors la...not necessarily exactly the same color...but probably about the same shade.

do you girls think it will be alright if i dont wear a gown which is the theme colour for my wedding?

I'm sure it's fine. You don't want to blend into the background right?

Look at all the red carpet events in Hollywood. I don't think they plan out to wear something that blends with the colour theme of the event...

eunissanne,

I hv did some research online for the red& white deco previously & there were some pic wif me..........if u need tat, i can email to u.................just PM me if u need it =)

Hi Katie can I see some of your pictures ?

I am planning a Burgundy/Wine red & White theme for my weddind too!