zombiegurl

Anyone been to Bora Bora island?

I watched in Travel & Living channel that Bora Bora is the most romantic place to go to.

let me know if anyone knows bout it.

Zombiegurl,

Did u go to Bora Bora for your honeymoon?

Hi All,

Really interested to find out more about Bora Bora honeymoon.

Anyone been there?

And how's the package? The activities? The people there?

Cheers

That's was 1 of my dream honeymoon BUT it is just way to expensive & time consuming to go there.

Bora Bora Island located near to New Zealand BUT the flight from Malaysia to the island cost a BOMB. A 5D 4N trip to Bora Bora will cost > RM15k per pax. Due to the super expensive yet short trip, my HB and I decided to drop the idea and we spent 3 weeks in Australia instead with the similar about of money.

If you ever go to New Zealand for holiday, then you should de-tour a few days to Bora Bora by taking the budget airline. That would save lotsa money.

We are planing to make my dream comes true sometime next year as part of the our Anniversary Celebration Trip to New Zealand. Hiihii.. in the meantime, we just have to work donkey hard to save money!!!

bora bora used to be my dream honeymoon destination.. i've even identified the resort that i wanted to stay in.. :) but like bunnyNwife said.. it is exorbitant to go there! :( so, for the same money, we ended up in spain and morocco instead..

still harbour the dream of going there some day though.. ;)

Bora Bora is one of the destination in my honeymoon shortlist but due to the cost we got no choice to drop it out from the list :(

Bora Bora is indeed a superb honeymoon destination!! But the cost is darn high, so me & FH can't afford it. :(

it is my dream too but like what everyone said, it is super expensive. Really hope i can go there one day.

erinepink,

Too pricey hor? I also hope that 1 day I can go there.

it is my dream too but like what everyone said, it is super expensive. Really hope i can go there one day.

erinepink,

yes juanil, its too pricey. Unless i have lots of $$ to spare, if not i'll rather use the money to go to different places. Go Bora Bora 1 time = can go many times to different island :lol:

erinepink,

yes juanil, its too pricey. Unless i have lots of $$ to spare, if not i'll rather use the money to go to different places. Go Bora Bora 1 time = can go many times to different island :lol:

Why not try Maldives? I js got back from there. That place is awesome!!

erinepink,

Why not try Maldives? I js got back from there. That place is awesome!!

marisol.meileng,

mind to share? :) How much do u spend??

You can fly to Melbourne, there is flight to Bora Bora but not direct. There are 2 stop overs/ transits in Auckland and Papeete in Tahiti. That's the shortest route from our end of world.

Whats the shortest flight path to go from KL to Bora- Bora? Thru NZ?

Maldives is much cheaper. Flight there is only about RM1900 p.p. In comparison, flight to Bora Bora is over RM10 000 p.p. (and this is partly with Air Asia;) ). Bora Bora is absolutely gorgeous though and I hope to spend my honeymoon there too!

yeah i too would love to go bora bora one day.....sigh....

just too bad its too expensive and too far...and there are many other places that is worth a visit for the same price. :)

if i am not mistaken think airline only compensate based on the weight of the baggage and not the content lo

anyway a word of advise when travelling these days coz lately lots of complaint about bassage delay and loss since i am sure a lot of ppl will go to Matta fair this weekend

check out the Citibank travel insurance coz they have these 2 plans..platinum and gold plan where coverage anything from baggage and flight delays to ransom payment in kidnapped/hostage situation lo

good thing about this insurance is that you can activate this policy 1 hour prior to departure lo..

of course got T & C so if interested then check out here la..

https://www.citibank.com.my/english/insurances/smarttraveller/index.htm?eOfferCode=MYINSLNST

I have been to Mediterranean islands (Santorini, Mycanos, etc.) but never in South Pacific (except Singapore, lol!) Bora Bora looks very nice but as others have said, the cost is huge for such a small place to visit!