Have been reading lots of helpful reviews on this forum, therefore felt that I would also like to share our experience (so far) with other brides-to-be. Keep in mind all these are our OPINIONS.

We have gone about hunting for a bridal studio for prewedding photo package for a few weeks. We viewed a few places that we had shortlisted and this is how we came to sign with Moco gallery:

@ around SS2 :

- Aspial - Price higher than others for similiar value items. Photo style is more natural, portrait and close up. Gown selection a lot. Charges very expensive to add poses. SA were knowledgeable but can be pretty pushy to close the sales on the same day.

- Lasposa - Large gown selection, but beware not all gowns are of same quality. Noticed that they put the nice gowns in front of each row, but the dresses at the back of the row are actually not very nice. So may not have so much to choose from as meets the eye. Photo style is also more towards natural, portrait style. But found it very odd that the SA could not provide us with each individual PG sample photos that they actually took. SA sophia was also not very pleasant to deal with as she rattled off all the details as if reading from a script. It was hard to connect with her. Charges very expensive to add in poses. THE only place that does not charge to reschedule shooting if it rains.

- Casa mia - Very extensive gown selection (including evening gown section, probably the most extensive we have seen). Photo style more to using "sets" made around the gallery. There are 4 PG but PG (Hebe) sample photos were the ones that we really liked. Photos maybe very generic due to using fix "sets", but this depends on individual preference.

- Keep gallery - SA very good (bobo). Gown selection ok - but some gowns only come in certain sizes so may not be able to alter to your size. THE largest selection of gowns allowed for outdoor shooting, think KEEP focus more on this. Has few PG with various style - natural, HDR, MTV (you take your pick). Generally their package very reasonably priced.

@ puchong

- moco - Photo style nice, a bit different fr others but some of the poses were reused for the some of the more generic locations. Gown selection not extensive but manage to cover most of current gown designs. Surprised to find the same gown held by armadale that i quite liked here. Love their DVD slideshows. THE only bridal shop (below RM 5000 package) which promised us free 100 soft copy of our photos (in addition to the album pose photos) in high res, unlocked format. Very attractive package (all inclusive with car deco etc) but concern that may end up having to fork up additional/hidden items as we go along - will be very unhappy if this happens. Staff so far have been accomodating and flexible. Liked that we can actually speak directly with the MUA and PG as its a relatively smaller gallery, they don have SA.

- Two of us bridal gallery - Nice photo style - more classic timeless photos, experienced PG they only have one (PQ Chua). They are more of a photography studio than a bridal studio so wedding gown selection not extensive but some nice pieces. They are capable of coming up with very nice designs - they can even help you design Jee Mui gift photos into an invitation card !! May have problems with MUA because she seems very new and junior. Package slightly more expensive than other (non inclusive of some items). Very good videographer as well.

- Armadale - With everything being the same, they have the most expensive package of all (not inclusive of some regular items). Wedding gown selection good., evening gown not so much. Did not see any one gown that was so impressive despite this place being famous for nice gowns. Photo style more natural, no heavy make up and accesories. Some of PG Covan's earlier work does not seem so nice but his recent shots are very good. Edwin Tan is also a resident photographer there. THE only place that gives ALL free soft copy of your photos high reg, unlock for FOC. Respects appointment time very much - each couple given 1.5hr each section, in that sense very professional. SA here was knowledgeable but because of that might appear lofty.

Well in the end we ended up signing with MOCO bridal gallery - a relatively smaller and newer gallery.

We will be arranging for photo shooting soon, as this is a real live on going review will update once its done. Hopefully MOCO will be able to deliver the goods ;p

Now to choose some good photo shooting location ;p

Last week i went to Bridal Fair at MV. I was thinking to sign up MOCO!

But i worry gown selection is limited.

Due to body size is petite and height is below 150 CM.

I scare hard to get my gown. :huh::rclxub:

End up not signing with any bridal shop.

There is few bridal shop in my mind:

1st is MOCO

2nd is Armadale

3rd is Aspial

wincy,

Yes Moco does not have that great a range of gowns compared to Armadale or Aspial. But there is a price of difference of about RM 2000 I think between the basic packages offered by Moco vs Armadale/Aspial. But Aspial charges quite expensive for additional poses and soft copy of photos, think its like RM 80 per piece. Armadale we din manage to ask the sales person of the additional charges because we did not quite like the sale person attitude.

Aspial photo is nice too. Armadale style natural and more to "kua lo".

In the end have to choose whats best for individual bride ;) Good luck ;p

We are still looking for an affordable location to do the shooting ...................... any suggestions ?

Hi Ming Yan,

Maybe you can try Kintick Village at Bentong...not far away from Bukit Tinggi..

Hi Ming Yan,

Mind to share your quotation with Moco with me? My email is mllee_18@yahoo.co.uk . I did went to the bridal fair in MV last week but did not drop by Moco. Only manage to check out few bridal shop such as my dream wedding, touch and bridal concept. Any comment on these 3 bridal shops?

Ming Yan:-

Thank for advise and suggestion.

My friend just sign up Aspial during bridal fair.

AND

my friend have choose her gown (She will try gown on July)

so i have no chance have a look for their gown.

While Armadale i been to their gallery before they move to Kota Damansara.

On that time i follow my fren go to Armadale.

They gown selection is so wide. ( I have a chance to try gown even im not planning to get my pre wedding shoot)

The lady boss name Cherly (If not mistaken) she is very nice.

She allow my fren try all the gown even we are not paying any deposit and sign up yet.

** But no negotiation btw package price.

My analyse abt this 3 bridal house and what i concern

1. all the soft copy returned ( Moco + Armadale: Yes)
  2. Selection of gown cz im short and petite. I gonna find a bridal shop which hav wide gown choice. (Armadale+ Aspial: Yes)
  3. Price which moderate (Aspial: 4k++, Armadale: 5380 basic package, Moco: 5999 premium package)
  4. Package Negotiable (Aspial + Moco: Yes)
  5. Photographer Quality ( 3 of them is ok)

We are still looking for an affordable location to do the shooting ...................... any suggestions ?

Hi Ming Yan,

Last time my gang of friend planning go to Kintick Village for a vacation.

But that place hard to make reservation.

Booking always full despite my bf boss is Fren of Kintick Village Owner.

If you really decide go there for shooting pls ask them properly.

Hi Ming Yan,

Mind to share your quotation with Moco with me? My email is mllee_18@yahoo.co.uk . I did went to the bridal fair in MV last week but did not drop by Moco. Only manage to check out few bridal shop such as my dream wedding, touch and bridal concept. Any comment on these 3 bridal shops?

hello mei lan,

i have sent to your email account. have read ya ! ;p

The three BS did not personally visit their studio but from our findings here are few comments about them we found :-

- My Dream wedding : a bit overrated for the price they charge

- Touch : very big BS, think they are buying over many smaller BS and consolidating them ;p my friend and her brother use this BS before so far no complains from them. think they are very popular for destination shooting to places like Shenzhen, price not too expensive too.

- Bridal concept : din really check out, but my friend found odd size gowns here. photos think generally not too impressive.

good luck searching ;p

Ming Yan:-

Thank for advise and suggestion.

My friend just sign up Aspial during bridal fair.

AND

my friend have choose her gown (She will try gown on July)

so i have no chance have a look for their gown.

While Armadale i been to their gallery before they move to Kota Damansara.

On that time i follow my fren go to Armadale.

They gown selection is so wide. ( I have a chance to try gown even im not planning to get my pre wedding shoot)

The lady boss name Cherly (If not mistaken) she is very nice.

She allow my fren try all the gown even we are not paying any deposit and sign up yet.

** But no negotiation btw package price.

My analyse abt this 3 bridal house and what i concern

1. all the soft copy returned ( Moco + Armadale: Yes)
  2. Selection of gown cz im short and petite. I gonna find a bridal shop which hav wide gown choice. (Armadale+ Aspial: Yes)
  3. Price which moderate (Aspial: 4k++, Armadale: 5380 basic package, Moco: 5999 premium package)
  4. Package Negotiable (Aspial + Moco: Yes)
  5. Photographer Quality ( 3 of them is ok)

Dear wincy,

hehehehe.... nice summary.

if i am not mistaken think armadale has changed owners already. not sure if still the same owner. few years ago my friend used them very good, now not sure.

actually almost all the BS we went to allowed us to try on some gowns before we even signed anything with them. but in armadale while trying the gown the SA helping was not that pleasant to deal with, had attitude a bit. i din notice gowns in armadale had different sizes, not too sure about that.

most gowns are laced up at the back so easily adjust the size of the gown, only KEEP gallery i went to still had the zipper style, but KEEP has gown size range from very small to very big. height wise have to wear high heels lo, some i know even use stool to stand on during photo shooting ;p My fiancee also not so tall, think she is about 158 cm and quite thin too.

in addition i think a friend of mine found different size gowns in bridal concept.

happy searching ;p ;p

Hi Ming Yan,

Thank you wincy for the suggestion. will discuss it with the other half ; p

We are a bit torn between choosing locations that have a meaning for us (places we use to hang out) VS locations with purely nice scenary ;(

So far we are checking out :

- Publika (may have to pay RM 200 for the complex. Individual cafe charge differently if want to take photo inside) - for modern cafe feel. we use to eat there quite a bit.

- FRIM (RM 100). for forest autumn leave feel. we use to hike there

- Lake gardens (think FOC). quite a nice white bridge, flowers, lake, waterfall

- TTDI

- Bukit Tinggi (may have to pay)

- Limablas, Jalan Mesui (RM 500)

Thinking thinking ;p ;p ...... our PG also overseas so cannot discuss with him yet.

any other suggestions ?

Hi Ming Yan,

Thank you wincy for the suggestion. will discuss it with the other half ; p

We are a bit torn between choosing locations that have a meaning for us (places we use to hang out) VS locations with purely nice scenary ;(

So far we are checking out :

- Publika (may have to pay RM 200 for the complex. Individual cafe charge differently if want to take photo inside) - for modern cafe feel. we use to eat there quite a bit.

- FRIM (RM 100). for forest autumn leave feel. we use to hike there

- Lake gardens (think FOC). quite a nice white bridge, flowers, lake, waterfall

- TTDI

- Bukit Tinggi (may have to pay)

- Limablas, Jalan Mesui (RM 500)

Thinking thinking ;p ;p ...... our PG also overseas so cannot discuss with him yet.

any other suggestions ?

This is what i copy from VanessaMoonPhotogrphy ( A million thank to this post). Here is the hyperlink: http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/topic/31052-popular-location-for-pre-wedding-in-malaysia/?hl=sekeping

These are the most popular location for Pre-Wedding in malaysia:

1. Putrajaya - Lake, Green garden, buildings, bridge, pullman resort & etc

2. UPM - farm, green, trees, nature.. need to apply permit with RM200

3. Frim - nature, green, trees. RM100 applied for the permission

4. KTM - heritage, building RM100 applied (if not mistaken)

5. Cameron Highland - french style buildings, nature, tea plantation, waterfalls, flower farm, trees, gardens & etc.

6. Penang - heritage, building,beach, mountain, garden, park, fishing village, resort & etc

7. Taiping - park, old style buildings, garden

8. Ipoh - heritage, old style building, park, garden, nature & etc

9. Fraser Hills - nature, waterfalls, garden, trees, green & etc

10. Sekeping Serendah - nature, trees, resort (RM200 applied if not mistaken)

11. TUDM - air force, musuem (temporary closed for photo session)

12. Ulu Yam - nature, waterfalls, park

13. Bayan Lalang - beach, fishing village, Gold coast resort

14. Sekinchan - paddy fields, fishing village, beach

15. Malacca - Heritage, pre-war building, Nyonya style streets...

16. Port Dickson - nature, beach, resort

17. Langkawi - Paddy fields, resorts, mountain, beach

18. Pangkor - beach, nature, resorts

19. Kota Kinabalu - beach, nature, mountain, park.. green

MingYan:-

Most of the well-maintain place we gonna pay for the shooting fee.

Place like Ulu Yam got a small changing room, well maintain boat, and a short bridge so you gonna pay few buck for this maintenance fee.

Yet it depend what you prefer then only you choose for the place.

For example you like natural then you gonna choose park, forest...

You like beach then you gonna choose for PD, Sepang Gold Coast...n etc

You like air craft then Museum TUDM might be your choice.

For me i prefer a place which is nice weather.

cz i dislike hot weather. I will melting under the sun. (My boy always laugh me that i jz like ice- cream)

So i gonna choose place like Bkt Tinggi, Fraser Hill...n etc

Yet the shooting charges for the venue always the main thing to consider.

Initially My boyfriend and i like sekeping tenggiri at Bangsar. Cz it in Klang Valley then you can shoot for the heritage building and natural at the same time. Then we plan to overnight at there after shooting.

We just found out that we gonna pay RM200 for shooting.

So end up the total cost is RM 200 (shooting fee) + RM 200 (Room fee)= RM 400.00

Mind to share which package you are sign up in MOCO?

Classic or premium?

I did personally talk with Jay (PG) in the bridal fair.

He did mention that we can negotiate which we can plus what we want and minus what we no need.

The package is flexible to add and minus.

Mind to share what is included in your package?

Thank You! :mom:

Hi Ming Yan,

If just wanna photo shoot maybe can try ask for you because we know the owner, n my friend did hold her wedding dinner there last year December :)

Most of the well-maintain place we gonna pay for the shooting fee.

Place like Ulu Yam got a small changing room, well maintain boat, and a short bridge so you gonna pay few buck for this maintenance fee.

Yet it depend what you prefer then only you choose for the place.

For example you like natural then you gonna choose park, forest...

You like beach then you gonna choose for PD, Sepang Gold Coast...n etc

You like air craft then Museum TUDM might be your choice.

For me i prefer a place which is nice weather.

cz i dislike hot weather. I will melting under the sun. (My boy always laugh me that i jz like ice- cream)

So i gonna choose place like Bkt Tinggi, Fraser Hill...n etc

Yet the shooting charges for the venue always the main thing to consider.

Initially My boyfriend and i like sekeping tenggiri at Bangsar. Cz it in Klang Valley then you can shoot for the heritage building and natural at the same time. Then we plan to overnight at there after shooting.

We just found out that we gonna pay RM200 for shooting.

So end up the total cost is RM 200 (shooting fee) + RM 200 (Room fee)= RM 400.00

Thankc wincy for the sharing.

Yes at Sekeping Tenggiri is the room charge (some room is RM250) + RM 200 (shooting fee). We went to visit there too. Not bad. But need to know which room to choose nicer for photo shooting ;p

Yea all location have to pay ;(

Classic or premium?

He did mention that we can negotiate which we can plus what we want and minus what we no need.

Wincy ,

Yes I can email you package.

What is your email address ?

Classic or premium?

Wincy ,

Yes I can email you package.

What is your email address ?

Email address: kly_11@hotmail.com

Hi Ming Yan,

If just wanna photo shoot maybe can try ask for you because we know the owner, n my friend did hold her wedding dinner there last year December :)

Thank you so much for your offer. Very kind of you dear.

We finally settled on places within KL - one cafe + FRIM ;)

Goin to discuss with our PG this weekend to finalize the photo shooting concepts, yeah ! ;p