MingYan:-

Thank for your information.

:biggrin:

Dear wincy,

You re welcome ;)

Have you decided on a bridal shop ?

;p MY

So who going to ur PG ? Jay?

Im still not decided the bridal shop yet.

Too much of worry..

worry abt gown, PG...

My friend who almost same size with me. She sign up with Keep gallery.

End up she re-take her per- wedding photograph at City Image.

She complain that keep gallery not much choice of gown for petite girl.

In additional the photo outcome is not satisfy.

We are still looking for an affordable location to do the shooting ...................... any suggestions ?

Hi Ming Yan,

Maybe you can try Kintick Village at Bentong...not far away from Bukit Tinggi..

Last time my gang of friend planning go to Kintick Village for a vacation.

But that place hard to make reservation.

Booking always full despite my bf boss is Fren of Kintick Village Owner.

If you really decide go there for shooting pls ask them properly.

If just wanna photo shoot maybe can try ask for you because we know the owner, n my friend did hold her wedding dinner there last year December :)

Thank you so much for your offer. Very kind of you dear.

We finally settled on places within KL - one cafe + FRIM ;)

Goin to discuss with our PG this weekend to finalize the photo shooting concepts, yeah ! ;p

FRIM oso not bad actually.. me too..took my pre-wedding shoot at FRIM last time (4 years back,haha)

Dear wincy,

Yes its Jay

No need worry so much la ;p Will work out one ;p

Yes heard a few bad reviews about KEEP gallery already, in terms of overall service. Also there will try to get more money from you for little things - I know a friend that KEEP gallery tried to ask her to pay RM250 for a very small hole in the gown. She s not sure it was there previously or not because din not check every single inch of the gown upon receiving. In the end argue argue then my friend offered bring the gown herself to her taylor only then did they reduced the price. If sign with them need to be very careful with these things. Same friend she choose her gown already then on the day it turned out the gown had different button suddenly when asked them again asked to pay if want to change gown ! luckily my friend took a pic of the gown she choose already and showed them - indeed same gown but different button.

THings like this just make the whole experience so unpleasant.

Dear beauty secret ,

oh you took at FRIM too.

Which location inside FRIM did you take? Its quite a big place.

i took my photos at the stream, the photographer wanted me to "sleep" on the rock and stood in the water. we also took photos at the bridge and the woods which looked like autumn feel...entrance fees that time was RM88.80, dunno now how much will charged ;)

Hi sorry for asking in this topic, did anyone plan or already take shoot in heritage building in kl?

I plan to have my shoot in some old british style building. Preferably is hotel.

What came in mind is:

1) Carcosa seri Negara

2) Heritage hotel ( wonder still allow for shooting or not)

3) Majestic hotel kl ( not sure allow for shooting or not)

Anyone have any idea for me?

Thanks.

Dear wincy,

Yes its Jay

Yes heard a few bad reviews about KEEP gallery already, in terms of overall service. Also there will try to get more money from you for little things - I know a friend that KEEP gallery tried to ask her to pay RM250 for a very small hole in the gown. She s not sure it was there previously or not because din not check every single inch of the gown upon receiving. In the end argue argue then my friend offered bring the gown herself to her taylor only then did they reduced the price. If sign with them need to be very careful with these things. Same friend she choose her gown already then on the day it turned out the gown had different button suddenly when asked them again asked to pay if want to change gown ! luckily my friend took a pic of the gown she choose already and showed them - indeed same gown but different button.

Ming Yan:-

You went to MOCO last saturday ard 3 pm?

I heard somebody call your name. But im not sure is that you.

Last saturday i went to MOCO gallery.

I haven sign up with them cz the gown selection is quit limited for my size.

I satisfy with their premium package.

Yet MOCO is my bridal list.

Hi sorry for asking in this topic, did anyone plan or already take shoot in heritage building in kl?

I plan to have my shoot in some old british style building. Preferably is hotel.

What came in mind is:

1) Carcosa seri Negara

Thanks.

Dear Kayla,

Hello I can share what I know :

1. Carcosa Seri Negara - can shoot there. But price a bit steep. Think RM 1500 for inside and outside of building. The quotation is available online on their website. Can check it out.

2. Heritage Hotel - as far as I know I think it is closed down de. So not available for shooting

3. Majestic Hotel - been there for yam cha, the OLD wing is very nice. Prices are also pretty steep there. Did not enquire there for shooting, because of price and they are pretty strict.

Other buildings around KL I can think of..........

1. Outside KTM building but that is more Moorish design , not really colonial. Inside think not allowed de.

2. There is this newly refurbished restaurant using the old colonial building near central market think called Reggae Restaurant or something. Looked pretty nice when I drove by that day, did not go in to check it out though. Its pretty big. Cannot miss.

3. There is a stretch of old shop buildings near dang wangi, opposite the french restaurant enRose. Looks a bit run down, but its colonial, and free I think.

Thats all I can think of for now. I ll post up more if I can think of anything else.

;p

Dear wincy,

Yes its Jay

Wincy,

Ha ha ha small world !

Yes yes we were there last saturday to select the gowns. My fiancee managed to choose 3 gowns. Think she was pretty tired out already since she was not feeling too well to start with.

Could you be in this photo? :)

20130601_140531_zpse0f642bd.jpg

Moco should pay us for free advertisement ;p ;p ;p *winks*

;p

Dear beauty secret ,

oh you took at FRIM too.

Which location inside FRIM did you take? Its quite a big place.

i took my photos at the stream, the photographer wanted me to "sleep" on the rock and stood in the water. we also took photos at the bridge and the woods which looked like autumn feel...entrance fees that time was RM88.80, dunno now how much will charged ;)

Ha ha beauty secret lie on the rock ah ......

sounds fun ;p

but need to be at the end of shoot I suppose, else will be wet no ?

now is RM 100 de ;( entrance fee also got inflasi

What came in mind is:

1) Carcosa seri Negara

Thanks.

Dear Kayla,

1. Carcosa Seri Negara - can shoot there. But price a bit steep. Think RM 1500 for inside and outside of building. The quotation is available online on their website. Can check it out.

2. Heritage Hotel - as far as I know I think it is closed down de. So not available for shooting

3. Majestic Hotel - been there for yam cha, the OLD wing is very nice. Prices are also pretty steep there. Did not enquire there for shooting, because of price and they are pretty strict.

1. Outside KTM building but that is more Moorish design , not really colonial. Inside think not allowed de.

2. There is this newly refurbished restaurant using the old colonial building near central market think called Reggae Restaurant or something. Looked pretty nice when I drove by that day, did not go in to check it out though. Its pretty big. Cannot miss.

3. There is a stretch of old shop buildings near dang wangi, opposite the french restaurant enRose. Looks a bit run down, but its colonial, and free I think.

Thats all I can think of for now. I ll post up more if I can think of anything else.

;p

Thanks for your recommendation, mingyan. Its really helped a lot.

I shall looked into reggae restaurant as well.

Headache for the outdoor venue at the moment..

Dear wincy,

Yes its Jay

Wincy,

Ha ha ha small world !

Yes yes we were there last saturday to select the gowns. My fiancee managed to choose 3 gowns. Think she was pretty tired out already since she was not feeling too well to start with.

;p

Haha..im not in the picture!

Ya, you gonna request MOCO giv u more discount cz u help them promote+ advetise their gallery! :cheers:

Hi All,

Me too signed up with MOCO during the January promotion. I have been to many BS for my friend's weddings, but for myself, I was only considering between MOCO and Victoria (Abbey Choo the PG is quite good judging from her work). My 1st criteria in BS - must be able to choose ANY gown without adding extra $$. To me, it doesn't matter if you have 2 full floors of gowns, but only 1 rack that looks OK, and then you are tempted to pay additional for those VIP gowns.

In the end, I signed up with MOCO. My package only includes pre-wedding shoot. I did weigh and put in the costs if I have to rent gowns for actual day, which will cost approximately the same. I wanted to have the flexibility to rent / buy gowns from other boutiques just in case if I cannot find anything in MOCO.

My point of view:

Victoria: PG Abbey Choo is good especially for a lady photographer so will also be convenient for brides to help adjust "here" and "there". Wide selection of gown and no VIP gown etc - transparent. Their package is very flexible. You can negotiate with them to exchange certain thing that you do not need. Eg: they allowed me to add another gown for my actual day cos I wanted to shoot a casual wear for my pre-wedding. You have to specifically name the PG you want because Abbey is quite fully booked. They have in-house tailor to do alteration.

MOCO: I like their style - very simple and modern. I was a little worried on the gown selection also because their studio is quite small compared to other full-fledged BS. That's why I only took the pre-wedding package. When I went to do my gown selection, I was very glad that most of the gowns are very modern and nice. I have chosen my gowns for pre-wedding shoot, and I will be going again to do my Actual Day selection (I've already shortlisted a few but I want to explore more first). The rental rate is very very reasonable! Also the same thing, if you want the Han brothers to shoot for you, you have to lock a date with them before you sign up. After I signed up, their schedules are so packed, I ended going with the lady PG Jaime. She's very friendly and I hope we'll have a good time shooting! Some (-) points will be they do not have in-house tailor, so altering may be an issue.

Happy scouting all BTBs!

What came in mind is:

1) Carcosa seri Negara

Thanks.

Dear Kayla,

;p

Thanks for your recommendation, mingyan. Its really helped a lot.

I shall looked into reggae restaurant as well.

Headache for the outdoor venue at the moment..

You are welcomed Kayla ;)

Let us know how it works out ya ;p

Dear wincy,

Yes its Jay

Wincy,

Ha ha ha small world !

;p

Haha..im not in the picture!

Ya, you gonna request MOCO giv u more discount cz u help them promote+ advetise their gallery! :cheers:

Dear wincy,

We are going to Moco this sat for another round of gown selection. This time only need to pick one. Choosing gowns is turning out to be one major headache ! ;o So many different designs ! Doing ward rounds seem easier !

Maybe we will 'bump' into each other again ;p

Hi All,

Me too signed up with MOCO during the January promotion. I have been to many BS for my friend's weddings, but for myself, I was only considering between MOCO and Victoria (Abbey Choo the PG is quite good judging from her work). My 1st criteria in BS - must be able to choose ANY gown without adding extra $$. To me, it doesn't matter if you have 2 full floors of gowns, but only 1 rack that looks OK, and then you are tempted to pay additional for those VIP gowns.

In the end, I signed up with MOCO. My package only includes pre-wedding shoot. I did weigh and put in the costs if I have to rent gowns for actual day, which will cost approximately the same. I wanted to have the flexibility to rent / buy gowns from other boutiques just in case if I cannot find anything in MOCO.

My point of view:

Victoria: PG Abbey Choo is good especially for a lady photographer so will also be convenient for brides to help adjust "here" and "there". Wide selection of gown and no VIP gown etc - transparent. Their package is very flexible. You can negotiate with them to exchange certain thing that you do not need. Eg: they allowed me to add another gown for my actual day cos I wanted to shoot a casual wear for my pre-wedding. You have to specifically name the PG you want because Abbey is quite fully booked. They have in-house tailor to do alteration.

MOCO: I like their style - very simple and modern. I was a little worried on the gown selection also because their studio is quite small compared to other full-fledged BS. That's why I only took the pre-wedding package. When I went to do my gown selection, I was very glad that most of the gowns are very modern and nice. I have chosen my gowns for pre-wedding shoot, and I will be going again to do my Actual Day selection (I've already shortlisted a few but I want to explore more first). The rental rate is very very reasonable! Also the same thing, if you want the Han brothers to shoot for you, you have to lock a date with them before you sign up. After I signed up, their schedules are so packed, I ended going with the lady PG Jaime. She's very friendly and I hope we'll have a good time shooting! Some (-) points will be they do not have in-house tailor, so altering may be an issue.

Happy scouting all BTBs!

Dear eclairs ,

Yup definitely agree with you.

Moco style is very nice and there is a kind of sincerity to their photos ;p

Jay is also very creative and passionate - he comes up with rather unique ideas ;p

You are right though there is no in-house tailor. But some of our gowns do need to be fitted, not sure if this will be a problem. Ill fitting gowns may look even more borrowed in photos ;o

how did your photos turn out ? care to share ;p

Mingyan2708,

Will be taking on the 19/6. Hope it turns out good. A bit disappointed though cos the PG always gives me the feeling that they're quire reluctant to go to Sekinchan, keep on telling me there are nice places in Bangi and Putrajaya. Don't care la..just gonna enjoy myself. Wanna keep a good memory with me.

I saw some altered dressed (from big to small), it's really cincai just fold at the back. I guess it's only for photoshoot purposes. For actual day, I think still need to get a seamstress to do that.

Hi All,

My point of view:

Happy scouting all BTBs!

Dear eclairs ,

Yup definitely agree with you.

Moco style is very nice and there is a kind of sincerity to their photos ;p

Jay is also very creative and passionate - he comes up with rather unique ideas ;p

You are right though there is no in-house tailor. But some of our gowns do need to be fitted, not sure if this will be a problem. Ill fitting gowns may look even more borrowed in photos ;o

how did your photos turn out ? care to share ;p

Dear eclairs ,

A bit surprised about PG Jamie. Saw her around the shop seems very friendly and helpful actually. Sekinchan I think the padi fields got harvest season, just make sure its not all harvested ;p Yes most importantly is to enjoy yourself ;p Did you get a bridal bouquet for the photoshoot, ? Considering to get one. Do let us know how the shooting went ya ;p

Yes I saw some of the alternated dresses for photography it did look rather patchy - some kedut-kedut. I changed my mind about one of the gown I picked the week before, they allowed me to re select that gown which was nice of them.

Hi,

Can send me yours guy package details and price. I was interested to sign for MOCO basic package.. They have the vera wang gowns which attract my attention.. Also they have some promotion which free soft copies without lock.

Hi,

Can send me yours guy package details and price. I was interested to sign for MOCO basic package.. They have the vera wang gowns which attract my attention.. Also they have some promotion which free soft copies without lock.

email address pls.

We just did our photoshooting this week. It was not as tiring as expected for some reason, but still a pretty long day. PG and MUA were good. We were fortunate that haze cleared and cloud seeding not causing it to pour on that day. Was quite fun actually, except for the mix up on one gown that we only discovered when we were outside, lucky the gown was the initial one we selected and not some totally random gown. No point getting angry there cause nothing could be done, just made the best of it. They did give us some compensation, need to wait and see how actual photos turn out, perhaps for the better ? ;p

Makeup session photographed by the groom. he had a lot time on his hands ;)

IMG-20130628-WA00061_zps7b6ee814.jpg