Sign in to follow this  
zhongzhi12

Roaming at oversea charges

Im going to oversea for my honeymoon on July later. But im not familiar with the roaming charges from telco. May I know whether I need to get the international roaming sim card from each country? Other there is any method more easier then this?

happy marriage!

it all depends, you are talking about roaming for call or roaming for data? both are diff.
and diff country has diff rate so you have to tell where you are going

Sure is data la. Since now with smartphone can Whatsapps , Viber or Skype. Will start my honeymoon at Taiwan then to South Korea. Should I active my mobile roaming services before I go or get a prepaid card at each country?

As far as im concerend, digi has a oversea roaming plan. it should cost you rm32 / day only for unlimited surfing... it depends whether you still wanna use local number or not just in case you need to keep in touch with ppl

So cheap leh!!! RM32 per day only? Is there any limit for one day? This is for prepaid or postpaid customer?So cheap leh!!! RM32 per day only? Is there any limit for one day? This is for prepaid or postpaid customer?

I had a bad experience with DIGI roaming services in china few year back... bloody frustrated...

Before i went to china, i go to DIgi to confirm and ensure that my phone had apply through roaming and allow me to received call especially some client is expected to confirm on some material. and DIGI center in Pandan Indah told me no problem on roaming...

When i reach china, i realize that my phone roaming are not activated. thus it make me so worry that my client unable to contact me at all.

No choice, I have to borrow my boss handphone no. to contact the DIGI Centre in Malaysia, to request for roaming activation. First of all DIGI provide with the worst customer service if compare to other telco services. When I call from China, Digi customer service center just make me wait on the phone for quiet some time.. then the officer pick up the call, when I tell him my issued and request to activate my roaming... in fact, this funny officer and his manager ask me to on hold and they need to do discussion. then they some sort like asking super silly nonsence things to do.. such as ask me to fax my passport someone in malaysia to go digi centre to do the activation... They dun understand I am in CHina, Digi have give me so many trouble.. And overall it was not my fault, digi have give wrong updates when I check.

and the stupid office just drag my time, and roaming cost on telco services in incur... End up I pay RM500 as telephone roaming usage to my boss for calling up to Digi centre.And my problem didnot solved at all, I lost out the client...

Dun know now DIGI will improve their PR is all area....??

And i swear I will not go into DIGI anymore

I had a bad experience with DIGI roaming services in china few year back... bloody frustrated...

Before i went to china, i go to DIgi to confirm and ensure that my phone had apply through roaming and allow me to received call especially some client is expected to confirm on some material. and DIGI center in Pandan Indah told me no problem on roaming...

When i reach china, i realize that my phone roaming are not activated. thus it make me so worry that my client unable to contact me at all.

No choice, I have to borrow my boss handphone no. to contact the DIGI Centre in Malaysia, to request for roaming activation. First of all DIGI provide with the worst customer service if compare to other telco services. When I call from China, Digi customer service center just make me wait on the phone for quiet some time.. then the officer pick up the call, when I tell him my issued and request to activate my roaming... in fact, this funny officer and his manager ask me to on hold and they need to do discussion. then they some sort like asking super silly nonsence things to do.. such as ask me to fax my passport someone in malaysia to go digi centre to do the activation... They dun understand I am in CHina, Digi have give me so many trouble.. And overall it was not my fault, digi have give wrong updates when I check.

and the stupid office just drag my time, and roaming cost on telco services in incur... End up I pay RM500 as telephone roaming usage to my boss for calling up to Digi centre.And my problem didnot solved at all, I lost out the client...

Dun know now DIGI will improve their PR is all area....??

And i swear I will not go into DIGI anymore

ooooo...so sorry to hear about your incident...

i too had similar incident while in hong kong but was solved within 5 mins lo...my luck i guess :)

so which one r u using now?

Have you considered leaving your phone at home and just focusing on the honeymoon? Perhaps you need it for work, etc, but if not, just focus on having fun and enjoying the company of your new spouse. You'll be glad you did!