happywhappy2003

Small Private Wedding For 40 Guest

Hi Brides,

I am looking for venue to cater my small wedding with max 40 guest in KL and PJ area. It can be any form of wedding. E.i pool side, garden and etc.

I was surveying around and most of the venue require min 60 pax.

I was tempted to engage with Passion Road but they only cater for min 60 pax on weekend and 120 pax on weekday. I am OK to take up min 60 pax requirement but still i can only do it on weekday.

I was told that if I want to have my wedding on weekend, i have to spend at least RM16K and above (top up the decoration and etc)

But I feel its way too expensive to cater my 40 guest with 16K (average 400 per pax). i think i can use that money for other wedding related stuffs

Really hope any brides here can give me good suggestion.

Thanks

i had my dinner reception 2 months ago at Passion Road to cater for ard 240 pax. ambience was simply cosy & excellent. mozzie was minimal =p

not too sure if there are any more suitable sites to cater just for 40 pax. perhaps checking out any other private bungalows? but this would mean that u'll need to go thru plenty of trouble sourcing for vendors on misc deco, flowers, arch, tables/chairs tied with ribbons etc.

Hi...I've encounter bout the same case like u last year. Asked Passion road but I think they r too pricey in my budget as i just did my ROM. Lastly, i did my ROM at lakesight at Plaza Kelana Jaya. They are doing like 1 stop service and providing quite a lot of stuffs. U can call them up if interested!

For 40 guests you can try:

- Precious Old China cafe (Central Market)

- Wanaka the Bungalow (Damansara Heights) --> need to cater

- Hucks Cafe in Bangsar --> western food, cosy and intimate atmosphere

- La Risata in Ampang

- Tamarind Springs

Hi...I've encounter bout the same case like u last year. Asked Passion road but I think they r too pricey in my budget as i just did my ROM. Lastly, i did my ROM at lakesight at Plaza Kelana Jaya. They are doing like 1 stop service and providing quite a lot of stuffs. U can call them up if interested!

Hi KikiWon,

The service provided by the lakesight ok or not? how about the food? the environment ok ? will it be very hot and alot of mosquitoes?

Thanks.

Hi I'm new to the forum.

I'm planning to invite around 40 guests as well.

Since it's only 4 tables, we're not sure how to get a private room in the restaurant. Most of their room can fit 2 tables only.

Do we still need the ang pow collection counter, cake cutting and wine toasting? Will the restaurant plan this for us if it's only 40 guests?

if not then the whole event will be just eat then go back only.

Hope to get some advice here.

Hi I'm new to the forum.

I'm planning to invite around 40 guests as well.

Since it's only 4 tables, we're not sure how to get a private room in the restaurant. Most of their room can fit 2 tables only.

Do we still need the ang pow collection counter, cake cutting and wine toasting? Will the restaurant plan this for us if it's only 40 guests?

if not then the whole event will be just eat then go back only.

Hope to get some advice here.

Hi adriana125 .

You can consider PJ area for a decent restaurant. For a small group like yours, try searching for one with a private room. If not mistaken, you can have a look at Unique Seafood PJ23 along Jalan Kemajuan Section 13. They have individual private rooms cater for small groups. You will have more privacy. They have quite a few branches around but not really sure how is the setup. Only been to the one in Section 13 PJ.

Another option you can consider is Oriental Pavilion inside Jaya 33 Shooping complex or Jaya Palace Restaurant inside Wisma LYL PJ. Most of their partitions are customize-able. Or in Cheras area, there is this Dynasty Dragon Restaurant inside Dataran C180, Cheras Balakong. IBIS Hotel is here too if you need any accommodation for your relatives. Price wise, they should have something within your budget. But the qualities will vary. Just try searching one with private rooms. Hope it helps.

For the angpow part, why not. You still can collect. But I don't think you will need a reception for it. Maybe you can just set up a small table in the corner for the quest to sign and also to view your pre-wedding album. Most private rooms have their own karaoke sets. So you can have a speech or sing if you wish too. For the wine toasting and cake cutting part, I don't think the restaurant will prepare it for a small group. Not too sure about that. But you can still DIY yourself if they don't. Just need to plan ahead. But the most important thing is to have a memorable evening. Have fun and don't forget to take many many pictures.

Cheers and enjoy the wedding planning experience.

I had 35 people at our wedding and it was lovely. We skipped the dj/dancing thing, and went for a dinner party feel. Everyone sat at one long table, we served wine and beer pairings with each course and had an amazing time having real conversations with every single guest. These were our most favorite people, and it was amazing to spend the weekend being surrounded by them. You can also takje opinions who have married recently and pick a venue that’s sufficient for your group.. We used the conservatory for the ceremony, had cocktail hour in the sitting room and library, dinner in the dining room, and after dinner drinks in the courtyard under the pergola. It was gorgeous and magical.

Tumpang topic abit.

I am able to secured a restaurant's room to have a private wedding dinner (4-5 tables) with immediate family and close friend.

I am just wondering, CAN I ask the restaurant to deco the room bit (well no stage, no entertainment etc but i just like the table, and surrounding to deco bit). I also wonder possible to have a guest book signature area (better outside the room or inside the room ?)