Sign in to follow this  
carmentwinky

Mandarin Oriental v.s Ritz Carlton

Hi,every1. I need your comment on Mandarin Oriental Hotel & Ritz Carlton. My AD will be Dec 2007 & till now I haven't decide yet :unsure: . I need comments on food, service & ambience on this 2 hotels. Ur comment much appreciated. Thank you

Another thing comment on Novotel Hydromajestic & Parkroyal also much appreciated as they offer quite a reasonable package. :P

not sure if u had decided the hotel for your wedding banquet.

as my opinion, mandarin oriental has a more spacious ballroom as compared with ritz carlton. besides of that, one thing i dislike ritz carlton's ballroom is the pillars, there are big pillars blocking the view!

in terms of food and service, both are more or less the same.

talking about ambience, i think is depend on how u want it to be decorated. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, i think you can't compare hotel food and restaurant food. obviously the later is better. however if you're looking for ambience + name; Mandarin Oriental is much better.... but then again, i heard from my bro who attended a wedding the last time commented that the food is well.... questionable...

I've just done a wedding in Hotel Nikko, was a combination of Chinese/ Japanese & Western food. and surprisingly it was very good. my client took the most exp. menu - about RM 1399++ (approx. RM 1600/table); they got a very good deal.. 2 nights at the presidential suite worth about 15k per night... etc etc....

anyway, coming back to this, if you've got the money, and want a very grand hotel - Shangri-la is still my utmost top choice!

Happy hunting!

I would go for Ritz. Everything in there is much classier though there is indeed to pillars.

From my experience dealing with both hotel, Ritz is has better service. Mandarin is not bad, ritz is simply better. The lady in change was very attentive, responding to our questions and request within two days. I do like the ballroom of Mandarin better because the ceiling is very high and grand. I feel that Ritz has more intimate atmosphere.

I also like Ritz better because we can pick and choose the dished in the menu. Chef will be present to advise on combinations during food tasting (but we did not go for food tasting because we decided on outdoor banquet. Also they can arrange for both halal and non halal tables for same banquet.

If you r ytl member, you can claim points for the banquet. MB member said you can then redeem for accomodation in Pangkor Laut Resort.

Did any of you have your wedding reception in Mandarin Oriental?? I was thinkin of having my wedding there.. But the Sales person told me that the main ballroom minimum must have 80 tables, if you are less than 80 tables, you need to pay surcharge for it for almost 25k??? Anyone of you facing this problem before?

Pls advise..

absolutvodka,

u have ur wedding reception there?

I know the ambience, deco and service is nice.. But They want to charged me RM 25k for not fulfilling their minimum guest for grand ball room.. RM 25k is a little bit too much.. isn't it?