Sign in to follow this  
phanne

The Amazing Amanda & KG (Wedding Live Band & Emcee)

There are many reviews on Amanda Sax and KG and why here's another one? Because we believe that every single performance by them is a masterpiece that is so unique and customized to you and your loved ones.

We tend to believe that live bands for wedding banquet always come in option of 2-piece, 3-piece, 4-piece; even 5-piece and each of the "piece" normally play one instrument or carry the role of vocalist. You may also hire a dedicated emcee that come with the band or you may hire a professional emcee separately. It was that kind of band we seek for at the first place until we read about Amanda Sax & KG.

When my wife told me about this Jazz Duo, in my mind I doubted... "2 person only worr...?". But as we read more and more of their past testimonials, we've changed our mindset from getting a live band (as background music to stop people from going on stage for karaoke, wahaha that's our original intention :P), to getting this pair of excellent entertainers, to give the best to our guests!

My wife and I hosted our Chinese style wedding banquet successfully on 19.10.13. We are a lucky pair, having great friends & families to help us along the wonderful journey and on top of that, we have the Amanda Sax & KG duo - being true entertainers - to make our wedding a fun & memorable one!

KG did a superb job as the emcee. We met KG twice before our wedding. After our first met, we were 101% convinced that he is the right fit for the emcee. I was so excited and told a friend that I've hired the best emcee in the town but this friend didn't give me a damn. This friend has a lot of emcee friends and he suggested that, to him, the best one is Mr. so & so... I must tell you that, after my wedding, he agreed that this KG is simply awesome! The atmosphere, the command of crowd, the interactions... are all done elegantly and in superb balance.

We must acknowledge KG for his witty style; to us, his jokes are all "quality jokes". We have seen in some weddings that the emcee may break some improper jokes that make some guests uncomfortable or even play some games that can ruin people's appetite. KG is definitely not from that school. In our wedding, we played a simple but very well-thought game. It was the climax of that afternoon as how our friends put it. The moment the entire hall amused, applause so loud & giving us the marvelous blessing at the end of the game, I told myself this: "DAMN KG, YOU NAILED IT!!!"... At that very moment, you know it well worth every single cent that you've paid for this duo; and at that very moment, we know that we had a "priceless" moment that we've never imagined.

Now let's talk about the songs they've played. That's unfortunately the least part in our memory of our wedding because as the groom & bride, we don't get to sit and enjoy their performance. We ran here and there to "Yum Seng". But we get to ask our friends about it. 'SPECIAL', 'PROFESSIONAL', & "MULTI-TALENTED" were the three most common words to describe them and we can't agree more. We don't know much about music but what this duo can deliver is definitely more than the usual multi-pieces band. If you have chance to see Amanda Sax & KG in action, you will most likely appreciate why sometimes "less is more" :) But beware, one of the feedbacks from our guest – “they love the music/songs and suggested that with this kind of atmosphere, they can drink a lot..!”

To the surprise of our guests, Amanda sang a Hakka song as many of our relatives and friends are Hakka. Amanda is a TV2 newscaster; not only a multi-instrumentalist, she speaks (and sings) in many languages too. KG doesn't read Chinese that's where Amanda complements him and made a good team. Our guests pretty impressed with Amanda as she plays saxophone and flute very well. Her voice is pretty pleasant and that explains why she is the voice talent for many high reception TV ads. She played saxophone & led the march-in, a pleasant surprise to many ;).

Did you notice that Amanda is gorgeous too? She is actually much prettier in person if you meet her elsewhere - in the banquet, she will make sure she make "down" instead of make "up", so there is no way she can beat the beauty of the bride on your big day (kidding...). KG told me that my photographer took a lot of her pictures on that day and I decided to check with my photographer later if he keeps some pictures for himself... If he does, I will charge him for taking pictures in my event instead of paying him... LOL... I know KG must be sad coz the photographer is not interested in him but Bro... If you are reading this, I want to sincerely thank you; it's because of you standing next to me that make me look better on the stage... I thank you for that, don't be sad ok? LOL.

KG's vocal is amazing too. But what impressed me most would be the composition of the songs that he has done (pre-recorded music in the studio with instrument played by him/Amanda and backing/harmony that sang by him/Amanda) that makes their performance so unique and fluent. So when KG doesn't talk, he can impress you and your guest with singing too. Song choices are awesome too; we leave that to their good hands and they have put together the right mix to keep everybody entertained.

To the readers of this thread especially those who are looking for a live band for your wedding:

I don't know you, and you don't know me; this is probably not the best way to say "trust me this, trust me that bla bla etc etc...". But we are here to share our joy & to sincerely say a Big Thank You to Amanda Sax & KG for their insanely awesome performance during our wedding banquet, way exceeded our expectation!!

If you are looking for something special to impress your guests and make your wedding a fun and memorable one; if you are shy like me and wonder if you ever be able to get courage to do something crazy; if you are hosting your banquet in a place that is a bit far from town like me, and your guests are traveling from far and you want to make sure that they feel it is so worthwhile to travel a long way to your wedding (but the food must be nice too ya... LOL) ; if you are looking for an emcee that has long breath who can shout "yummmmmmmmmmmmmm........ (seng)" longer than any of your guests; I would strongly recommend you to talk to KG.

Amanda Sax and KG duo is undoubtedly one of the best band in Malaysia. Not only that, they will bring the best out of you on your wedding! End of the day, that's what really matter to you and your loved ones on your big day, isn't that wonderful?

PH & Anne

Amanda Sax and KG Jazz Live Band

Where do I start? I'm new to this forum but I recently got married and am proud to say that it went smooth as silk all thanks to KG and Amanda. Firstly, I went to them via phone asking for live band and emcee for my wedding. As it was a while to go, KG was kind enough to give me a free preview to their amazing singing abilities. As per most forums review KG is really Malaysia's Michael Buble and Amanda; a real gem as she's such a pro with the saxophone but not only that the real art us being able to capture and maintain audiences attention as they're both multi lingual, games they device are fun and not over the top and also the songs they play suit your wedding desires. If anyone ever needs a live band come emcee; I really suggest or actually guarantee you will not regret engaging the services provided by KG and Amanda. If ever need to see them in person and preview then head on down to Sanook bar in Kelana Jaya; they're there every Wednesday. Most of the time will be packed as both have their sets of fans. 9pm and enjoy food too. Great variety abd taste good. Cheers

just to update you, their phone number has changed. I am helping them to cut and paste here.

You can contact AMANDA & KG at : 0162761572

Their website is: www.livebandmusicians.com