attain

Insufficient fund for wedding.

I have been with my darling for 5 years already and I should give her a lifetime promise - marry her.

but come to think of the fund needed to spend on wedding, I am headache..

Catering, rental, wedding gown, decoration, photographer, hall rental, and the wedding card etc.. At least need about RM 50k for a good and memorable wedding.

Normally how you guys spend on the wedding preparation ? should i cut down some cost or get more cash in hand ? Please advise..

Oh my goodness....have nvr heard people said want borrow money for wedding la!Save more money first..what happened after married? need pay debt lei...Cannot married without proper planning la..rush for what??? Don get regret after that

ya i experienced this before when i got married, i also borrow money from my relatives first. cause my saving is not enough. after borrow from here and there,finally got the sufficient money for my wedding..but i think that all these are definitely worth cause when u love someone must commit right, and u will do whatever for your partner. dont miss the chance!

Try and get help from your parents and your bride's parents. You don't want to start your newlywed life off with a bunch of debt from the wedding, if possible. You can also consider cutting down costs by having a smaller wedding, or one in a less fancy venue.

I disagree to borrowing money for a wedding. A wedding lasts one day. It's the marriage you need to work on. I say, stick to what you can afford. You want to remember the wedding for its beauty, its symbolism and the commitment you two decide to make. Not for the pain it causes you after.

Are you mad, why are you borrowing money for your wedding. you can hire any weddding planner who can done all this in your budget or you can cut some thing from your wedding menu...

you need RM50K for a wedding??

i think that's too much.

1st - u need to plan & really go thru which 1 u need & which is not really needed.

2nd - u can propose to your darling first, then slowly plan on the whole wedding things. I would suggest give yourself 1 year time. so in between the 1 year time you still got buffer time to save & pay slowly. Normally you will need to pay deposit first for whatever that u sign up, so the balance payment u still got 1 year time to save the money.

3rd - both u & your darling must force yourself to have a fix amount to save in the bank account.

I'm also in the middle of preparing for my wedding (consider budget type) this coming September.

I have been planning & survey info since 1 year ago.

Do let me know if you need more info.

Good Luck!

Oh ya forgot to add in, you may propose & register 1st with your darling. Then only slowly plan for the big day.

My sharing to u :

My hubby propose to me in March 2013.

Then ROM in September 2013.

Actual wedding in September 2014.

And we not only need to reserve budget for wedding stuff, we need to reserve budget on home furniture as well & we choose not to depend on our family.

So this is very important for you & your darling to sit down & discuss further more.

Cheers ^_^

I have been with my darling for 5 years already and I should give her a lifetime promise - marry her.

but come to think of the fund needed to spend on wedding, I am headache..

Catering, rental, wedding gown, decoration, photographer, hall rental, and the wedding card etc.. At least need about RM 50k for a good and memorable wedding.

Normally how you guys spend on the wedding preparation ? should i cut down some cost or get more cash in hand ? Please advise..

50k sounds reasonable for a budget wedding in KL/PJ area ...

some wedding budgeting here, u could have a look as reference =)