khengteik

Dai Kam Jie

Just looking for a place to vent my anger... And also for everyone to be aware off... To those who are looking for a Dai Kam Jie, Please be very careful and refrain from hiring this person - Christine, Fong Fa Jie (016-6981803). (Side note: she was the Dai Kam Jie during my Sister In Law’s wedding) (Not sure where she is from or which company she is attached to. As my S-I-L's in-law was the one that "helped" find her... although we did not want one... I'm still trying to find out more info about her). This is the WORST ever Dai Kam Jie I've ever encountered. My sister or my 70++ yr old nanny or my wife’s cousin sisters would have done a much better job. It's also the first time that I've seen the main door open soooooo many times when the Ji Mui's are playing the Heng Tai's. AND also the first time that I've heard that Ji Mui's can only play the Heng Tai but not the Groom... And she is quite expensive too… Some of the ISSUES I have with her:

1. Asking for the main door of my house to be opened more than 10 times for her to do her stuff when the Heng Tai’s are being “tortured” by the Ji Mui’s.

2. Disrespecting my In-Laws (parents to the bride). We have already told her more than 5 times that my In-Laws do not understand Cantonese, only Hokkien or Mandarin or English, but she still keeps on going on in Cantonese. (she did say that she can speak in Hokkien as well)

3. Disrespecting Me and my Wife as the head of Our house. She walked in and out of the house as though that is her house and totally ignoring us.

4. I believe she has less knowledge then me or my wife or my sister or anyone I know when doing prayers. First, the groom’s side asked us to pray to “Tian Gong” when the entourage left their house. But when the Dai Kam Jie arrived with the entourage, she asked us why we prayed so early? She said we are supposed to pray when the groom arrived or something. Second, which got me very angry was when she asked the bride and groom to pray to “Tian Gong” and bring the joss sticks and put it on the Buddha’s joss stick urn. That to me is being very ignorant and very disrespectful. Not enough with that, she also stuck 2 huge (Cantonese dragon and phoenix) candle into the joss stick urn without asking for permission from ME or my WIFE. Not only that, she didn’t even have the courtesy to put her hands together and said a simple prayer/permission before touching and messing up my altar. Because of her actions, I have to spend almost an hour plus that night just to clean the altar and joss stick urn and oil lamp from the candle wax.

5. Also, in most cases that I’ve seen, usually Dai Kam Jie’s will be on the bride’s side and helping the Ji Mui’s. But with this lady, she is ALWAYS on the GROOM’s side, telling off the Ji Mui’s for asking the groom to participate in the games…And also she was very supportive of the Heng Tai’s when they were being rude to my wife.

6. Out of courtesy (although we were very pissed mad) we asked her to have something to eat (my M-I-L spent the whole day and night cooking Nasi Dagang) and she declined. But she was having quite a good time eating at the Groom’s side. Which lead me to believe that either she is a very biased Dai Kam Jie or she is actually the “friend” of the Groom family.

If I can have it my way, I would have kicked her out of the house and asked her to stay outside until we are done.

admin, sorry, i did not notice that there is already a post related to this. Please delete this post. i will comment in the existing post... Sorry for the inconvenience.