Sign in to follow this  
Richmond_1688

Really need BIG HELP and ADVICE for Small wedding Venue for 15 tables

Dear people and friends, that day my uncle has booked a Sri petaling (Overseas Restaurant) for my wedding banquet n September this year, I was not aware and just let him pay the deposit. Never did I expected, the last week when I went down with gf. Both of us got a shock at that place. My girlfriend really hated that place and has been very angry with me for taking things for granted. Because she realised that it was alittle too run down. it was a once in a lifetime decision, I really don't want to disappoint her. But for now, I really stuck and really did not which good restaurant to choose. now when I see her very sad. I also felt very bad. i am feeling very remorseful but i will still need to move on and source for better places.

Dear people, I will really need all of your help to recommend me small venues for wedding banquets around KL AND PJ. I have around only 15 tables to invite. Please help please help!!! Thanks for your assistance. i will truly appreciate all your comments!

I agree that the place does look run down and cheap. It is nothing at all like what I expected.

The wise thing to do now is to personally go to different venues...one by one...but do it fast!...because good venues often get booked VERY fast.

I understand what you're going through as I am also planning for a small wedding and faced headache. I think I have checked every single chinese restaurant, hotel, country club, restaurant in shopping malls in the whole PJ & Subang. Here is some advice based on my experience.

1. Do not go for chinese banquet restaurants like Tai Thong, Oriental, Imperial, Noble etc. as their venue is too big for 15 tables. They will offer you partitioned hall which is a bad idea because if there is another function beside, it will be too noisy and disturbing. If you really want chinese banquet restaurant your only options are Ming Room, Han Room, or Imperial in BSC which will be small enough to fit. Forget Overseas Armada because for 15 tables they will give you the partitioned area at the back and it is not as nice, plus you will be drowned out by the 30 tables larger area in front.

2. You can try Chinese restaurants in Hotels, because they can cater to smaller group (usually around 20 tables). Concorde Hotel chinese restaurant, West Lake Garden in Sunway Hotel, Grand Dorsett Subang, etc worth considering. Also since you have 15 tables, consider chinese restaurants in shopping malls, such as Unique Seafood in Citta Mall, chinese restaurant in Paradigm Mall, Tropicana City Mall, Gardens, One Utama.

3. If your relatives dont mind, you can think out of the box and choose Thai restaurant, Western restaurant or stand alone chinese restaurants. My recommendation:

- The Royal Flush in Ara Damansara

- Rama V in Jalan U Thant

- Sassarosso in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng

- Ecoba in Damansara Perdana

- Louisiana Kitchen in Kelana Jaya

4. Country clubs can be considered such as KLGCC chinese restaurant, Bukit Jalil Golf Course restaurant, Saujana Hotel restaurant.

All the best and feel free to discuss if you need advice.

Happy to help. I really think it's time we stop giving in to the pressure to host a big wedding if we cant afford it or dont feel like it.

Will be great to have a new trend of smaller, more intimate weddings. Save money and spend more time with your guests, it will feel more meaningful. That's what my husband and I are doing :)

Hi there,

I hosted an intimate wedding reception at Bijan Bar & Restaurant. Located at Jalan Ceylon. Do check it out.

In addition, I came across this restaurant named Muugu.

I found this website useful too. (www.joyousevent.biz).