Lilian

Milk Powder for babies

Dear mummies,

Thanks for all the informations.

Yes i have tried Mamipoko when my baby is new born to 2 months, it is very good pampers. after this i used Drypers is good also just recently it is leak at night. Pampers is the most lousy one, i used once (gave by friend).

Ok will try Mamipoko & Pet Pet soon. Thanks for the information again.

One more thing, what is the milk formula you guys give for baby? i am having Enfalac A+, it is now RM52, it has increased to RM56 i heard.

thanks..cheerss..

Lilian

One more thing, what is the milk formula you guys give for baby? i am having Enfalac A+, it is now RM52, it has increased to RM56 i heard.

thanks..cheerss..

Lilian

Ashley's drinking Similac Advance EyeQ retail price RM55.00 but I managed to get it for RM45.60 at Giant.

Hey,

My boy is drinking Similac Advance Eye-Q as well... I got it from Giant too, sometimes from Tesco if not convenient go to Giant. I am planning to change to Pedisure Complete. Anyone's baby drink Pedisure? How is it? Where can I get the cheapest?

Hi, Similac? this is the 1st time i heard of this brand, very nice brand?

yes i heard of Pedisure, heard from my frens comments is good and cheaper. and i heard from them can get cheaper at the chinese herbs shop at old klang road.

anyone can tell me where to get cheaper Enfalac A+? i can get RM52 from my hometown, i heard now increase to RM56. terrrible!

Hi, Similac? this is the 1st time i heard of this brand, very nice brand?

yes i heard of Pedisure, heard from my frens comments is good and cheaper. and i heard from them can get cheaper at the chinese herbs shop at old klang road.

anyone can tell me where to get cheaper Enfalac A+? i can get RM52 from my hometown, i heard now increase to RM56. terrrible!

Similac is from Abbot. Actually most of the people get to know Similac because of the Soya products. Did a little survey last few days, Pedisure is about RM55. Chinese herbs shop sell at RM53. Will do more survey.

If I am not mistaken, the cheapest can go down to RM23 for 700g packing during Sogo member day. Always will have discount for Meadjohnson products.

hi Jocelyn,

700g packing for RM23 for Enfalac A+? are you sure? as i never see this so cheap? and you mean sogo always have Meadjohnson sales?

sorry that i asked alot of questions

Breastmilk is the best but if u r after formula milk...I would suggest not to go for the soy variety unless ur baby has intolerance to cow's milk product. This is because the bioavailability of certain nutrients such as iron and calcium are not as good from soy products.. which is why soy formula require more iron and calcium added in to account for the lower bioavailability. Further to that, soy itself contains phytonutrients that are notorius for preventing absorption of a few major minerals. I understand that many ppl nowadays have the mentality that soy product or plant products are better than cow's milk but that is a mentality not based on concrete science, more on marketing by the companies involved. If your baby has no problem accepting cow's milk based formula, no point using soy based formula.

At this point, maybe it's worth mentioning that I am dietitian and nutritionist.... which explains why I am passionate in matter re. health and nutrition. Used to be in clinical but now i am a researcher.

In the days before the Baby Friendly Hospital concept was introduced, hospitals who used formula milk in Malaysia tends to use either Nan or S26. Nowadays, there are other equally respectable brands of cow's milk in the market. Once the Hospital Freindly initiative was introduced, breastfeeding is emphasised and we adopted the WHO guidelines for initiating breastfeeding in hospitals...so out goes the formula milk, teats, bottles etc from hospitals and in come concepts such as rooming-in, skin-body touch etc.

I, myself, use Nan for my kids. I tried S26 before but find that it is too "heaty"....caused constipation for my kids. I found similar complaints for S26 from other mothers...maybe because S26 contains a little more higher amount of protein in it. A few of my friends who practice as dietitians in Malaysia also resorted to Nan... ahem.. after all, as dietitians, we get lots of free samples of foods from those big companies. It would seem that amongst the circle of frens, Nan seem to be the favourite choice. However, the best seller here in Australia is S26...maybe gwai lo babies not so affected by "heatiness"?

I understand that Nan and S26 can be very expensive over there in Malaysia due to the stronger USD...but in Australia, due to our stronger dollar against USD, they are quite affordable. In Malaysia, the Japanese/Asian brands tend to sell more.

Ultimately, there are many factors to consider when purchasing formula milk. Nutrition aside....affordability, pricing and availability plays a part to.

The cheapest and free and best milk is still breastmilk. If possible, breast feed exclusively for the first 6 months of baby's life, then slowly introduce solids and formula milk. However, I know... this is not always feasible or practical, especially for a working mom.

The choice is yours.

hi Jocelyn,

700g packing for RM23 for Enfalac A+? are you sure? as i never see this so cheap? and you mean sogo always have Meadjohnson sales?

sorry that i asked alot of questions

sorry, it was enfagrow... i heard from my fren that people grab like hell... one transaction only allow 2 packs... she even told me some people spend the whole day there queueing for that... some the whole family also go and gasak... she said sogo member day can make people crazy one especially the January sale...

Hello, Lilian.

My baby is drinking Enfalac A+, i bought RM50.50 at a chinese herb shop at Happy Garden, Old Klang Road. Where do you stay?

Dear mummies,

Thanks for all the informations.

Yes i have tried Mamipoko when my baby is new born to 2 months, it is very good pampers. after this i used Drypers is good also just recently it is leak at night. Pampers is the most lousy one, i used once (gave by friend).

Ok will try Mamipoko & Pet Pet soon. Thanks for the information again.

thanks..cheerss..

Lilian

hi all the mummies here.

My baby drinking Enfalac not the A+(Gold),

is the normal one. 1kg in can costs RM37.90.

but now they din produce can already, they changed it to the refill pack in a box only 700g cost 28.90

more expensive also :(

I heard doctor said dun give baby to drink those milk powder that got what what additional formulas la...which can make baby more clever or grow up fast one.

cos refer to doctor, just let baby grow up as what he/she be,dun force them.

That's why I give the most normal milk powder to my baby.

breast milk? of course I hope I can give to my baby, but my baby taking care by baby sitter day and nite, so I stop breast feeding when my baby 1.5 mths.

hi all the mummies here.

My baby drinking Enfalac not the A+(Gold),

is the normal one. 1kg in can costs RM37.90.

but now they din produce can already, they changed it to the refill pack in a box only 700g cost 28.90

more expensive also :(

I heard doctor said dun give baby to drink those milk powder that got what what additional formulas la...which can make baby more clever or grow up fast one.

cos refer to doctor, just let baby grow up as what he/she be,dun force them.

That's why I give the most normal milk powder to my baby.

breast milk? of course I hope I can give to my baby, but my baby taking care by baby sitter day and nite, so I stop breast feeding when my baby 1.5 mths.

shmily

dont feel bad that you are unable to breastfeed your baby. even said so not all women can breastfeed both my Mom and MIL said they didnt have any milk for us and HB but we still turn out ok :)

My mom couldn't breastfeed my sisters and I also, but we turn out OK and not cows :P

But my parents didn't know what lactose intolerance was so my sister was always sick and vomitting but they kept forcing her to drink milk.

i would like to share here too

of course breastmilk are the best, u even can see the wording "susu ibu adalah makanan yang terbaik untuk bayi" on every formula milk tin. when i was pregnant i always wish i can breastfeed my baby until at least 6 mths but i only manage to bf until rachel 3 mths old :( . Anyway, i m feeding rachel Frisolac Gold (RM38.90 at chinese sinseh shop), as i tried Enfalac A+ (too heaty for her -cannot pass motion for 4 days) and Dumex (allergy to it - rashes).

would like to ask, can't breastfeed is due to no breast milk or some other reasons?

for me, is due to milk supply getting lesser and lesser after i back to work due to reduce time of expressing out the milk. For those who plan to bf ur bb must make sure u dont use "busy' as an excuse and not express out the milk during working hour, end up it will be like me :(

ic, then i am quite nervious lei. cuz i wish i could BF my bb for at least 6mths. i tot, breastmilk supply will be available if we breastfeed or express it out. is there a way to enhance breastmilk supply ah?

Hi all mummies,

I BF my gal for six months full and now on formula. I'm still confused with milk powder, m not sure which is the best for her..

Previously i gave her Frisolac Gold and changed to Enfalac A+ for no reason because my husband decided to changed it. Then now to Mamilgold. I see no difference in her, no allergic ..nothing.

I was introduced by people to try out Pediasure as they strongly recommend that it is the best formula.

Can anyone testify abt this brand?

er, I personally think that no need lo.

the reason will have sore nipple is bcos the way u breastfeed ur bb is not correct.

if u breastfeed correctly ur nipple wunt crack.

mayb u can read the link below

http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-breastf...Info%4011ddacbb

but heard that Lucas Papaw Ointment is gud for sore nipple too.

I never apply la cos i dun have sore nipple .

but i am using it for bb rashes, mosq bite...

very gud

apply once or twice no more rashes d :)

this is the link

http://www.lucaspapaw.com.au/

Js wondering, is it true tat we need to apply the nipple cream 2mths b4 delivery to prevent sore nipple during bf later? If yes, any recommended nipple cream?