<p>Hi.. I really really need help. I am getting married on the 31st August 2014 my place and 7th September, his place. The problem is , I don't know what I should prepare since o am from Labuan and he is from Perak. It is really hard to discuss with him because he works in KL and I am working in Labuan. Since the wedding will be held at my place first, what do I do..I mean..i know in the morning we have to give tea to the elders.. But do we need to do the games before he comes to take me? Or should we skip the games part and just go straight to the 'yam cha'?<br />

Since we will be helding another wedding at his place in Perak on the 7th September. I am so confused!! Help me :( It's like and express wedding .. Prewedding picture also haven't &nbsp;take, I asked him about the preparation ,he said not to worry , he will arrange everything. Right now I feel so unprepared</p>

<p>. :(</p>

Hi Sherla.

Congratulations on you marriage. Before anything else firstly you should relax. Now, the common marriage procedure will be the meeting of both parents. Then the Register of Marriage (ROM), then the pre wedding, then the wedding day ceremony and followed by the dinner reception.

For the ceremony at your place, it really depends on the elderly. Your parents, grand parents, aunt, uncle and other. Surely you will need the tea ceremony if they are present.

For normal wedding day ceremony. Lets assume you have had your ROM done. Picture it this way. The day has come. You wake up in the morning. Your make up artist preparing your make up and dressing up. Your groom will be coming to your place with his brothers or best man in a specific time in the morning. Your bridesmaid are at your place in the morning. They decided to play some games with the groom and so discuss with you what are the games to play. Photographer will be busy snapping photos of you. Then after the make up is done, there will be a scene where both your parents will help you cover your veil and give you a big kiss. You will be hiding in your room waiting for your groom.

Then your groom arrived. Wedding car starts the honk until it reaches your house. Any small boy in your family will have the privilege to open the door of the wedding car and receive his ang pow. The groom will be bringing a basket of fruits and a bouquet of flowers. Then the game will start. Your bridesmaid and sister will be busy torturing your groom. After its done the groom will come in and will be singing to you or reading your marriage agreement at the door while is lock until you decided to open it. Meanwhile ant of your sister or bridesmaid can accompany you inside the room. You will be sitting on the bed. Once open, he will kneel down in front of you and give you the flower. The the ring. Lifting up the veil. Then a good 10 second kiss for the photographer and Ipad user.

Then the tea ceremony. The oldest first. Then you will be giving ang pow to kids. Done, then your father will be the one leading you to the car with a red umbrella. After that, you will be heading either to church or to the groom's house. But in your case, it will be another day. So go for makan after that or a walk in the garden or nice place for photography session.

Now you can decide not to play games. But you will need to consult your parent and the elderly whether are they okay if you skip the tea ceremony also. But out of respect, I think the tea ceremony is a must.

Now at least you have done your sides part or the ceremony. Then in the groom's house, it will be almost the same. Arrive at home, kids open door, marching in the house or he can carry you in, tea ceremony, march to bed room, removing groom's coat and bride's veil. Kids jumping on the bed and collecting candy inside bucket. All there are just part of the ritual. After all has done, the night will be the dinner reception. Purely just looking as pretty and sweet as possible and enjoy the food.

Most importantly is not to stress to much on following 100% of the ritual. But the tea ceremony is not to be missed.

Cheers and hope you will have a wonderful and blessed marriage.

Hi Sherla.

Congratulations on you marriage. Before anything else firstly you should relax. Now, the common marriage procedure will be the meeting of both parents. Then the Register of Marriage (ROM), then the pre wedding, then the wedding day ceremony and followed by the dinner reception.

For the ceremony at your place, it really depends on the elderly. Your parents, grand parents, aunt, uncle and other. Surely you will need the tea ceremony if they are present.

For normal wedding day ceremony. Lets assume you have had your ROM done. Picture it this way. The day has come. You wake up in the morning. Your make up artist preparing your make up and dressing up. Your groom will be coming to your place with his brothers or best man in a specific time in the morning. Your bridesmaid are at your place in the morning. They decided to play some games with the groom and so discuss with you what are the games to play. Photographer will be busy snapping photos of you. Then after the make up is done, there will be a scene where both your parents will help you cover your veil and give you a big kiss. You will be hiding in your room waiting for your groom.

Then your groom arrived. Wedding car starts the honk until it reaches your house. Any small boy in your family will have the privilege to open the door of the wedding car and receive his ang pow. The groom will be bringing a basket of fruits and a bouquet of flowers. Then the game will start. Your bridesmaid and sister will be busy torturing your groom. After its done the groom will come in and will be singing to you or reading your marriage agreement at the door while is lock until you decided to open it. Meanwhile ant of your sister or bridesmaid can accompany you inside the room. You will be sitting on the bed. Once open, he will kneel down in front of you and give you the flower. The the ring. Lifting up the veil. Then a good 10 second kiss for the photographer and Ipad user.

Then the tea ceremony. The oldest first. Then you will be giving ang pow to kids. Done, then your father will be the one leading you to the car with a red umbrella. After that, you will be heading either to church or to the groom's house. But in your case, it will be another day. So go for makan after that or a walk in the garden or nice place for photography session.

Now you can decide not to play games. But you will need to consult your parent and the elderly whether are they okay if you skip the tea ceremony also. But out of respect, I think the tea ceremony is a must.

Now at least you have done your sides part or the ceremony. Then in the groom's house, it will be almost the same. Arrive at home, kids open door, marching in the house or he can carry you in, tea ceremony, march to bed room, removing groom's coat and bride's veil. Kids jumping on the bed and collecting candy inside bucket. All there are just part of the ritual. After all has done, the night will be the dinner reception. Purely just looking as pretty and sweet as possible and enjoy the food.

Most importantly is not to stress to much on following 100% of the ritual. But the tea ceremony is not to be missed.

Hi flamephotography,

I would like to say million thanks for the detailed explanation.Only you who bothers to answer my post. Now that I could picture how things will be going on that day, I feel a lot more better. I've decided that the games will be played when the wedding is at my hometown Labuan, but of course the tea ceremony will not be skipped.

Thank you very much once again.

Hi Sherla.

Hi flamephotography,

I would like to say million thanks for the detailed explanation.Only you who bothers to answer my post. Now that I could picture how things will be going on that day, I feel a lot more better. I've decided that the games will be played when the wedding is at my hometown Labuan, but of course the tea ceremony will not be skipped.

Thank you very much once again.

Hi Sherla.

No problem. Just sharing what we know. Its just some basic guidelines of what will normally happen during a wedding that we have experienced so far. But on top of that, you will still need to consult your parents for the Dowry (lai kam) amount and other minor minor things like the bridal shower just one day before the wedding.

Cheers and wish you will have a blessed and wonderful wedding.