Sign in to follow this  
grayishwing

Help? Venue for reception dinner (200-250 pax)

Hi ladies,

Not sure if I'll get many/any replies, but I'm trying my luck. :)

I'm looking for a reception venue to fit about 250 people max. It definitely not hit 300 guests. Preferably a good hotel/function room with a good Chinese restaurant without too many pillars with a halal option so that my Malay guests can be comfortable and catered to.

It's hard when most hotels and etc only offer minimum of 300 pax for booking. Looking for a place for August 2015.

Budget is about RM1000-1200 per table.

If anyone has any recommendations, this would greatly help. Thank you!

Mainly in the KL and PJ area if possible. Not wanting to go out to areas like Putrajaya or Cyberjaya. Have relatives that are slightly restricted to wheel chair friendly venues. So their comfort is a priority.

Thank you for replying!!! :D You have definitely made my day!

Hi grayishwing. I had my wedding dinner 2 weeks ago in Oriental Pearl Bukit Kiara. It serves halal chinese food which is pretty good (according to my guests). I had only 21 tables so I guess no restriction on the minimum number of tables here and although the manager informed me that they would also have ala carte guests during the dinner (as my number of tables are not many) fortunately that night there weren't any ala carte guests so I had the whole restaurant to myself! :D Whether or not it is wheel chair friendly I'm not too sure though. Maybe you could pay the restaurant a visit if interested?

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for a reception venue to fit about 250 people max. It definitely not hit 300 guests. Preferably a good hotel/function room with a good Chinese restaurant without too many pillars with a halal option so that my Malay guests can be comfortable and catered to.

It's hard when most hotels and etc only offer minimum of 300 pax for booking. Looking for a place for August 2015.

You can consider Bankers' Club, Kuala Lumpur.

Hi ladies,

Hello,

Notice that you’ve posted an enquiry to look for wedding venue. Please feel free to visit Planyourwedding.my, it is a one-stop online wedding portal where allow the couples to search for wedding vendors in Malaysia.

Planyourwedding.my allow the bride and groom who are planning for their wedding can effectively view and contact their desired wedding vendor through the network. It’s free and completely free of charge to use the service. This site allows you to post your Quotation Request, vendor who are interested in your quotation will contact you directly.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at 603-7733 5355. Thanks and have a Happy Wedding:! D

Hi Grayishwing.

I highly recommend Cyberview Lodge. I had my wedding there in Nov 2013 and am really happy with the overall. Until today, my friends, family members & guests still rave about it & compare each and every wedding with mine (*proud*).

The pricing is from 1,200++ (chinese set dinner). It includes a Garden Ceremony, Dinner Reception, Holding Room for tea ceremony, freeflow mocktail throughout garden ceremony, 2 FOC rooms, 1 Honeymoon suite, Wedding Favors for all guests, Anniversary stay in one of their partner hotels, the best Spa session, Wedding Decors, FOC food tasting, free wine corkage and all the usual stuff.

Honestly I find that the hotel provided the best package compared to all other properties. The only catch is that you have to complete the full payment by / before the wedding day.

Some key highlights:

- I did my ROM at JPN Putrajaya and then proceeded to a food tasting come celebration for 10 in one of the rooms. The chef was so sweet to also have presented us with a wedding cake on that day to congratulate us. We spoke to the chef about the food and he took our comments well.

- Dinner was wonderful, it was served promptly. There were no complaints from my family/friends on the timing of the dishes brought out. Contrary to what some people say that the food isn't good, each dish during my wedding tasted really good (acc to my guests). Ambiance was super romantic, I think mainly also because I asked for fairy lights (free if you have minimum 30 tables if im not mistaken).

- Staff were attentive to helping us with our needs (eg: setting up the place, helping us distribute/place a homemade fruitcake on each seat, logistics, serving of our wine)

- It unfortunately/or fortunately drizzled during my garden ceremony at 5pm. The staff were really quick to bring over umbrellas and one even held the umbrella while I was exchanging my vows. I thought the whole ceremony was beautiful despite the rain. They were prompt in bringing out the mocktail drinks right after the ceremony. Basically they needed no reminders.

- Hotel's wedding coordinator - helpful pleasant

- Rooms were beautiful. I also did the gate crashing ceremony in the premises starting from the swimming pool right up to my hotel room with no issues at all.

- Tea ceremony - hot water, pots and tea provided. But of course you may bring your own teapots and choice of tea to serve

- Decor was WONDERFUL. They followed exactly what I wanted (to match the color and type of flowers in my bridal bouquet), and they did a wonderful job.

Even my wedding arch was perfect.

Yep, no complaints at all.

And I so wish I could rewind the time now... :)

NO matter what...pls do NOT have Garden or outdoor wedding. Pls read all the threads about how bad garden and outdoor weddings are in this forum.