Escudo

Do you prefer baby boy or baby girl?

Baby Boy or Baby Gal?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi BTB and MTB (Mom To Be), just curious about the generation now, whether baby boy is still as important as previous generation.

I come from a patriach family, so boys are important, which is why my family ratio is 3:1 (3 boys : 1 gal), but my Dad happen to sayang me the most (heheh), and I think I want to have baby boy as first and baby gal as second.

My fh wants baby boys only, since his family ratio is 3:1 (3 gals : 1 boy), muahahah~ So he wanna be the hero of the family to produce more boys.

How about urs?

Having a boy or girl is not up to us to decide. My husband is the only son in the family and he has 5 sisters. Naturally they would want a boy, but they have never dared to voice this out to me. Im now expecting a girl and I hope my next child will be a boy. But I'll stop at 2 children, regardless of whether the 2nd child is a boy or a girl. Being pregnant for 9 months and going through the pain of labour is NO FUN AT ALL!!

dunno - i rather it be a surprise!!! maybe can get twins like princess lea and luke sky walker... cool huh? more fun la ehhe

Escudo,

Same here, I've always wanted a boy for 1st child (which I'm having now) and girl for 2nd child :rolleyes: As to answer to your question if boys are still regarded as highly in our current society as compared to previous generation, pls see below, I've quoted my post from another thread ;)

" Actually hb and I are not those "traditional" type, preferably we want to have a balance of boy and girl in our family :) But lately we came to realise that no matter what ppl say about nowadays in this modern world, boy or girl also the same, in reality, it's NOT esp in our asian society. Before we found out the gender of our bb, ppl around us say things like boy or girl also same lah blah blah blah. But after we announced that we are having a boy, everyone including hb's guy friends (who are already fathers themselves) congratulated us and ALL said the same thing :" Good lah! 1st baby is boy then 2nd one you don't have much pressure already!" And when my mum told those very eager "ee mah ku cheh" that I'm having a boy, their response were "WAH, so PANDAI ah??" I was like huh? Pandai? this kind of thing can up to you to be pandai or not one meh? *faint* And not to mention that my only SIL is very unhappy with the fact that I'm carrying a boy (1st grandson in hb's family) while she only has a daugther. I can sense trouble and unhealthy "competition" brewing already .... sigh, nothing much has changed since our ancestor's time I guessed :( "

Sorry but I have been a daddy's girl all my life and all my family members including my grandparents all love me to bits cos I'm the eldest grandchild. And my bro was the only grandson at that time and he didnt get all the attention a son should have. I mean in my family the girls are always being favored over the boys lor

Anyway it doesnt matter so long the baby is healthy. I personally prefer a daugther as the firstborn and I got my wish!! And I want to have 3 kids!

For my case, my PIL already have their grandsons (from my HB's eldest bro) so they already happy la..and I dont think they will put pressure on me whether I will have boy or girl. But i really want baby girl for my 1st child ... :rolleyes: and 2nd can be boy la..Girls more adorable ma..~

mummyally,

Of course there are exceptions, I was just speaking in general the mentality of most asian family and what I have encountered personally :) I myself have been my parents' precious all my life too as I'm their only child! ;) My mum's side of family also favours girls more ;) My maternal grandpa loves all his 8 daugthers with my mum being his fav! :P So naturally when I came along as the 1st baby girl in the family, everyone loved me and manja me so much that my mum complained she hardly had the chance to carry me :rolleyes:

But unfortunately it wasn't the same case at my dad's side of the family :( My paternal grandparents are those very traditional type, they totally favours their only grandson and he can get away with anything at all <_< But it didn't bother me much as what matters most is the undevided love and attention from my parents, I'm their one and only, who else are they going to love?? :P

To me, the boy issue is more of like a pride issue in our Asian culture. Wah, can produce boys means very terror la, especially if its a firstborn. But when it comes to filial piety, its the girls who will be the loyal, faithful children as opposed to the boys. So for me, I want all girls, I can imagine dolling them up, giving them such pretty names (I named my littlest sister), going shopping together, having girly talks, and one day, if I fall sick when Im old, I know that I can count on my daughters.

This is correct, about gals more fillial than guys. That's why I want a baby boy to satisfy my fh first and secondly to take care of my daughter. :)

The way boys grew up is affected by his environment, sorry to say this, but ur bro's case is bcoz he can get his way out of anything from ur parents, which made him so irresponsible and inconsiderate. And sadly this happens to many family.

My dad is very stern with my bros, but he soften a lot when it came to me, heheheh.., papa's gal maah.., so if I was naughty, kacau my bros, I will pandai2 go and hide behind my Dad b4 they had chance to bully me back. :P And my Dad always told my bros to take care of me.

i wish, & my hb too, to hv a bb girl as our 1st child..i am 5mths preg now & i am carrying a bb boy...it's fine, though a bit dissapointed abt it when my doc annouced it to me, but i am very happy with my bb boy now....i have been chking out bb boy's thing these days & my hb sd, his dream come true now. he can bring our boy to toyshop very often nx time for boys' toy. hb didnt hv toys to play with when he was a kid, so he wants to make sure tat this wouldn't happen to his son.....

I know it's not up to us to decide, but somehow i long for a boy for my first. I have a feeling hb too coz he can bring the lil one along on all his adventures and fishing trips. When i teased him, he grinned so widely he didn't even have to reply me :rolleyes:. but still, we will not be unhappy if it's a bb gal. Still our child.

But say, just say, if i were to be given only one chance. It'll have to be a bb gal. Why? Gals are just more dependable and filial.

But when it comes to filial piety, its the girls who will be the loyal, faithful children

i tend to agree with the above statement by sharon. So i would love to have a baby gal instead of a baby boy . i dont mind if my kids are all gals but i do mind i have all sons

But when it comes to filial piety, its the girls who will be the loyal, faithful children

i tend to agree with the above statement by sharon. So i would love to have a baby gal instead of a baby boy . i dont mind if my kids are all gals but i do mind i have all sons

same here!!! :P

Originally, I would like to have a baby girl as my 1st child but now I have to change my mind liao. My MIL is desperately to have a grandson where my HB's 2 elder brothers only have daughters. Now, all of them turn to me, hoping that I will have a baby boy.

My MIL also old liao. I changed my mind because of her, to fulfill her dream.

My sister actually gave me a sheet of advertisement in the magazine regarding pregnancy... and then she said since u r limiting urself to 2 kids and u wanna have baby boy so much... maybe this will helps... it is actually a company based in Aus... who gives u a chart on when u shld make love in order to get the baby gender tat u wan... no medicine... just a chart based on something... forgot based on wat... the charges is rm1.8k and then if not successful... they return the money to u... and so far 98.7% guarantee successful... they have an office at Wisma UOA II at Jalan Pinang...

I saw the chart when shld make love or not... and sometimes one mth only 1 day... i told my mum huh 1 day onli to make love in a mth, how ar? die lor... where got enuff hahaha... mum shaked her head and said u ar!!! but actually just wear protection lor if don wanna have baby for days not marked in the chart... just teasing my mum...

A lot of ppl said i shld leave it natural... *shrug* not sure wat i wanna do... anyway no harm trying as if not successful the money is given back...

the webby

www.choicebaby.com

if i can i'd like to have a boy first then only girl. i'm the eldest in the family also and papa's fav. but then sometimes i do wish how nice if i have a brother to take care of me and i can manja also. being a girl to take care of the siblings can be really taxing (unless born tough material, which i'm not but had to learn it the hard way).

anyhow, fh and i don't really mind whichever comes first as long as it's healthy. i'm planning on having 3 kids, if can have 4. i like "yit nau" one...fh say 2 enough lor..but if financial ok can have 3 also. lucky thing he didnt say only 1 kid. if 1 kid i rather not have any at all.

I have a file in microsoft words tat let u know wat to do if u wan a girl or a boy...

Extracted from it...

Its long and has chart...

Those who want it pls leave ur email here ya...

Maybe some of u received it be4 thru email...

Choice of a baby BOY or GIRL

Hope it is useful for some of you in planning stage. For those of you do not have any plan in the near future, you can keep it for future reference.

Background:

Man’s sperm consists of X & Y spermatozoa, X spermatozoon decides the female whereas Y is the male. Referring to these physiological properties of the spermatozoa, gynecologists set up the theory of ‘Choice of a girl or a boy’.

1st factor: Food

If you want a baby girl:

Husband must eat more alkaline food, wife eats more acidic food.

If you want a baby boy:

Husband eats more acidic food, wife eats more alkaline food.

Alkaline food: vegetables, fruits, egg white, milk, algae, etc.

Acidic food: meat, seafood, etc.

2nd factor: Timing (When to do it?)

If you want a baby girl:

Frequent copulation during pre-ovulation period.

If you want a baby boy:

Copulating just before ovulation or just after ovulation.

How to confirm ovulation period:

Body temperature increases (you may want to use SPC chart to monitor your body temperature here).

being a girl to take care of the siblings can be really taxing (unless born tough material, which i'm not but had to learn it the hard way).

Exactly what I was thinking too!! :unsure: that's why I wished to have boy 1st, then a girl ... so the big bro can take care of the lil sis :)

Hate to rock your boat but my bro didn't do much taking care of me. Sure he protected me from flashers and etc but I carried my own backpack (he was supposed to carry it), did my own chores and basically do everything myself. LOL! So much for having a big bro jaga me. When I was a kid, he used to tease me and sometimes got bully me as well. Bleck.

Hahhah.., Mei~ Same same here laah~ But in the end, my Dad will still take my side even if I am the naughty one, hahha!

Hoping my gal can have her fun with my boy maaah~