Escudo

Do you prefer baby boy or baby girl?

Baby Boy or Baby Gal?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yah..my parent too dont mind is a gal or boy.. first grandkid mar..

though i prefer a gal, but dr 100% confirm is boy.. so no more next month i see again is a gal.. dr show me which is the testical..

so..no wrong edi..

eg 1:

the other day i went out for lunch.. d lady who sell mixed rice ask me .."gal or boy"..i said "boy but hoping is gal".. then she replied to me ... "i hope i can change with you"..then they asked me "is this your first?" ..so i reply yalor.. the lady then said "first one oso hoping for a gal ah?

so you see..the mindset is that..they prefer to have a boy for their first..

ahaha... its true la... old ppl mindset... but whether boy or girl... most important: HEALTHY! :) 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, 1 mouth... I am happy enuff... :)

ahaha... its true la... old ppl mindset... but whether boy or girl... most important: HEALTHY! :) 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, 1 mouth... I am happy enuff... :)

yes, totally agree with that..

the thing that worried me the most during pregnant is baby health..

Hey... not only BB's health.. also mummy's health and a safe delivery!! Delivering a BB is actually betting your life on. The risk is not any less than any surgery. Be thankful when both BB and mummy are safe and healthy after delivery.

Ya is true, most important is mummy and baby's health.

Some couple struggle to have babies.. so we shouldn't be choosy on baby's gender.

Mine is a gal. Gal can buy lot of cutie clothes..

dear all,

i am currently 20 weeks preggie ler.....the other day went for government scanning, they can't detect the gender.....most of my fren told me that the baby that i am carrying is a girl because i look fat and ugly...they said if the baby is boy, the mother will look radiant and neat...

so, early early i told my hubby to tell mother in law saying that bb is girl.....so don't expect too much....my hubby is Hokkien....and there's an ISO 9001 to fulfil, to get a son....however, since before getting married, Dr. said that it's rather hard for me to get pregnant because i am weak and Dr. always saying about the talasemic thingy that i have....so i am grateful that i am preggie now, at least i can be a mother :-)

Since i attended government clinic....they don't do frequent scan, so, this will be the first time and before give birth, will be the 2nd time....so, i do not want to think bout it also because i am grateful that i still can get pregnant.

ice_anise,

Dun listen to those old wife's tale la. I am carrying a gal and I look radiant and neat. No pimples, no oily face, no water retention, nice & compact tummy and still hv defined waistline (from the back) despite I am in my 37 week now.

If you really wanna know the gender of the BB, u can always pay a visit to private gynae for a detailed scan.

Tell me what so great about "MUST BE A SON" ? Other that the son will carry on the surname, what else a daughter cant do that a son can do? Sorry but I always look down at man that only wan a son. My HB is a hokkien too and he is ok with son or daughter and i dun even give a chance to my MIL to make any silly comments on my precious BB. If she dares to make any silly remarks, I will definitely tell her off - ask her stay away from my BB and to look for another DIL to fulfill her dream.

I'm with Bunny - am carrying a girl as well and if you are on my FB, you can see how I look since I got pregnant until now (very similar to Bunny - hardly any pimples, minimal hair loss, no water retention, smallish tummy plus I still have a waist!!!).

Y'know, just two days ago, I was teasing my HB and asked if he wanted a boy. Know what he told me? "PFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT...as long as you're fine and the baby is fine, who cares?". And he's right. So long as baby is okay and you're doing fine, be thankful/grateful. I don't want to end up macam my HB's friend's wife - carrying boy but got water retention and now pre-eclampsia. End up having to go for C-sec in the middle of her 31st week...now heard she's okay but I don't know the details...

Plus here in Europe, it's not guarantee that the son will carry on the surname - if my daugther chooses to be a single parent, she can pass down the family name to her children. Also, tengok my family - my dad is Hokkien so you would think that my bro is seng mok la, being the eldest grandson (only four grandsons and the only son in my family). But no, he doesn't want children so can forget about this whole "boy carry surname" business! Having a son doesn't necessarily mean that you'll have someone to take care of you or spend time with you. If anything, I noticed that the daughters are more "stuck to home" than the sons (no offence to anyone's HB and the men here). =.=

Living in Asia country, we as women will be pressurised more or less for bb boys. Even if it was not stated out loud, but bb boys will still take precedence, since the old thinking is always, "Daughter after marriage is no longer our own" or worse "Daughter after married is like air tumpah".

That's why ppl always have the notion that sons will take care of them when they are old. Or something like, sons SHOULD take care of them when they are old, but for daughters, the old ppl malu to ask them to take them in, as the daughter already belongs to another family and will need to answer to the PIL.

dear meiteoh & bunnyNwife,

My hubby is excited enough that i am preggie, he told me we will only have 2 babies at most...since economy is not good, both of us agreed that giving birth to a nest of baby will only make them suffer. Basically hubby didnt say anything about baby boy or girl....he's too excited with the 3D and 4D scan of baby.....everyday talk to bb to call him "papa"....siao already....when baby kicking me, he cant feel it, he feels disappointed....by the way, when can my hubby feel the baby kicking? He puts his hand on my tummy but still cant feel it....is it i am too fat, so my hubby cant feel the baby kicking impact?

Ask hubby bout whether he wants a baby boy or girl, he told me boy or girl also ok, as long as healthy, even if we have two girls, we will close factory already. He said it's not easy to bring up 2 kids. As hubby still have a brother, let him do the job la if my MIL want to have bb boy....somemore, u ingat buat kuih koci kah? want it to be bulat, leper, panjang can produce like that meh!

I am in my 20 weeks now, baby is very active in kicking :-) at least i know bb is there, sometimes if bb stop kicking, i wonder what happen inside, will rub my tummy to wake bb up :-)

I know that i can check the baby gender in private clinic but since we do not really care about the baby gender, so, why bother to check again ler, maybe wait till bb come out lor and give us a surprise. However, my sis in law already pack some girly baby clothes for me, so basically, i need not to buy too much of stuff. Only sourcing for the breast pump.

Meiteoh,

you are a sexy mommy, i saw in facebook, u still look gorgeous and yes, you look so neat....i look different, like a fat ballon, bra also change size. My face look like "ham chin peng" already.

Dear Escudo,

Erm....for me i think boy doesnt take care much of the parents anymore, normally they will listen more to their wife. My hubby is a very filial son, the mom actually cried because she told me that my hubby change alot since knowing me, listen to me only and been ignorant to the mom. However, i feel my hubby is actually very caring bout his parents but still, he will still listen to my opinion everytime he wants to do something. Basically, this has something to do with our plan to move out after getting married. My MIL insisted that we stay with her because she's expecting my hubby to take care of her when she's getting old (my hubby is the eldest son). However, when i protest to my hubby, at the end of the day, we still move out.....my reasoning is "we move out doesnt mean that we do not want to care for them anymore", which my hubby feels that it's reasonably right!.

Normally, i will go back to my mom's house and hubby will follow but not every occasion in his house i will join. He does not force me either. Basically, when sons grow up, they will tend to sway away. I have an elder brother too but my brother did not protect me in anything, at this moment, i am the one sponsoring most of the family funds and brother tends to buat tak tau about the monthly payment to parents.

I am the one buying insurance for my little sister but what have my brother contributed? Come back home and eat, sleep without contributing single cents to the family. He has the money but spending towards parents is always a second thought. Even if mom and dad are sick, i am always the one to bring them to hospital....what my brother say is "make sure bring them to the best hospital" but satu sen pun dia tak keluar....so it's a bit hopeless in this case.

One of my guy friend who's a doctor also address the same thing, he normally eat at his girlfriend parents house instead of his own parents house and the mom is actually complaining that, "if i wait for your monthly allowance, i wil ngor sei".

However, of course i hope that my children will look after us when we are old and sick but....i do not want to put burden on them, hubby and i already bought a small apartment and we said when children grow up, ask them to be independent, no need to stay with us, sekali-sekala can come see us, and we will accompany each other until die....hopefully don't have many sickness la....cos why put high hope on them since nowadays, life is hard, if they can survive on their own without come back and ask money from me, it's good enough.

But there's always exceptional, some of the son also sayang their parents very much la....a bit hard to be this kind of guy's wife because they tend to "over filial" to what his parents said......no offence on baby boy or girl....i believe every mommy will love their babies very very much :-)

Yes, women may be pressured into having baby boys in Asian (and sometimes in Europe as well - depends on which culture and such) but usually, where does the pressure come from? Believe it or not, it's usually other women like the MILs, all the 38 aunties and etc. Even my mum also kaypoh and ask whether my HB mind that we're having a girl. My dad? He's the one who told my mum "who cares if it's a boy or a girl so long as the baby is fine?". Or perhaps my family is the only exception. :lol:

Ice, even buat kuih koci oso have problems with QC - sometimes big, sometimes small. :lol: Aiiii...I think I cakap too loud - semalam, my HB discovered a smallish stretch mark near the pubic bone so now me trying to shoo it away. But really, don't listen to those people la. Sometimes they don't know how hard it is to get pregnant until they are trying themselves. After TTCing and getting pregnant, you learn to be grateful and thankful for what you've got. :smile:

ice...hahah, ur so cute. they way u said about the ISO compliance part :)

i am in week 18th, went for my scan yday.

after reading andre's post about down syndrome, i was worried. so i asked my gynea whether my BB ok, my gyne said very OK. because i dont wana do the triple test and then worried about it. but my gyne assured me everything looks fine. thank god :) so i did my normal urine test and also blood test. the last blood test i did was last yr along with pap smear before preggie. so hope this time the results will be ok. ladies, pls pray for me :wub:

BB very active, move a lot. i asked gynea, can know if its BB boy or girl. or too early?

he then scanned further, and then he said here's the prelude, i see something sticking out! hahahah

i was happy, like wat everyone here say, girl or boy also OK, as long as BB healthy, i thank god everyday.

my hubby shares the same sentiment.

but next visit, gyne said can confirm 100% aledi. :happy:

To be honest i think now a days there are quite a number of parents/in laws who are fine with either a grandson or a grand daughter....Both my parents and in-laws does not mind whether its a baby boy or girl, it does not matter as long as the baby is healthy.

Even more than 20 years ago, my mum already said it doesnt matter if my younger brother turns out to be a girl too, nth my parents will be ok with having two girls instead of trying for a boy.

My parents will say they don't mind and so forth - even things like how it's better to have girls - BUT you turn around and it's a different story altogether.

Dear Escudo,

Erm....for me i think boy doesnt take care much of the parents anymore, normally they will listen more to their wife.

My sentiment exactly. I can see that daughters are more sensitive to parents' needs. Even on events, such as CNY or others, hb tends to follow wife back home. 

But there are rare cases lah..., like my hb family, typical Chinaman, the MEN in the family are still very firm that wife gotta follow the hb if celebrating events. :S

I just have to share this - remember that gender prediction chart that uses a woman's Chinese age and the month of conception? Here's something for you ladies to laugh/ponder over.

A primary school friend and myself got pregnant around the same time - Oct/Nov - and her EDD was 24 July whereas mine was 21 July. According to the chart, we both ought to have girls (same age and all) BUT she got a boy and me a girl. Funneh no? :P

Babysiew, just wonder whether the chart you mentioned in the earlier thread works? I have heard from a fren on the food and time factors too, and even the ML pose is affecting too... Just not sure how true is that.

I'd like to have a boy first but my HB prefer a girl. Perhaps as what chinese says, boy is mom's past lover and girl is dad's?

Hi girls,

I'm here not to talk about whether I prefer baby boys or baby girls.

I just want to share one interesting fact with you.

According to biologists, a human male is actually a modified female. They say the penis, for example, is simply an elongated clitoris while the male breasts are simply female breasts which have stopped growing.

If we think about it, it seems logical. Otherwise, for what purpose do males must also have breasts? Is that not an evidence that they are actually the remnant of the female breasts?

One of my friend told me, she got bb girl for her 1st pregnancy. During her 2nd pregnancy, the MIL keep on saying “doesn’t matter boy or girl as long as healthy”. When she delivered a bb boy for her 2nd pregnancy, MIL said, “See, I know its boy as god been answering my prayers everyday!”

Though I know most ppl that give pressures are those aunties x2, MIL (women la). But hor, for my 2nd pregnancy, MIL said doesn’t matter its boy or girl, then FIL sambung, “ yeah, doesn’t matter but better boy lor”….Celaka!! But I can tell u, obviously they sayang the grandson more than my 1st bb which is a girl. Its not that iam jealous or what, but I feel heartsick when I know my bb girl also carry their surname what! Its still their son’s daughter lor..ngam moe ?

Even my mum told me, cham lor, if ur 2nd pregnancy is girl, then ur darjat in the family will drop lor as my SIL give birth to boy last year! I feel vry sad

Even my mum told me, cham lor, if ur 2nd pregnancy is girl, then ur darjat in the family will drop lor as my SIL give birth to boy last year! I feel vry sad

Aiyooo.., we are not living in the 19th centuries anymore leeeh... Why is it the women get blamed by the darjat and such....

joeybabe: Yeah....

Actually I keep on emphasizing to my MIL and hb, gals or boys, it all depends on my hb, so dun blame me.