fluene

Scars

Went to US last winter. Skin was so dry and itchy. I scratched and scratched till blood came out and now my legs are discoloured at the wound especially the at the shin. Anyone know any creams or ways to get rid of these scars / discolorations?

Hmm.., when I just moved to Cyberjaya, I was bitten quite badly by some bugs there, and as result my legs scarred very badly and very unsightly, for more than 1 year!!!

I stumbled upon a doctor in Taipan USJ (Thank God!), and went for her treatment. It's microdermabration, costed me RM150 per treatment. Went for 3 treatments, and voila, I get my smooth legs again!

Maybe u can try that?

:unsure::unsure: i had a surgery last few years back now i got one 15cm long scar on my tummy.... :( Find it damn ugly... can this maderma helps??? Dun even dare to look at myself in front of the mirror.... :( :ph34r:

I've tried Mederma before.. but really lo it takes long time for scar to heal, mine is on my tight so i've been applying it for about 2 years.. but i was not very hardworking so just apply whenever i remember but now it is already 60% off la.. :(

What's available in pharmacy in Malaysia for scars on the shelves:

1. Cica care (silicon gel sheet by S+N,UK)-excellent for raised scars/kelloids. CLINICALLY proven to reduce appearance of scars. pro: can cut and reuse again and again. con: expensive

2. Erase gel (tech from Germany, produced in thailand). new and somewhat improved version of mederma but contains double the active ingredient compare to mederma

3. Mederma (by Merz, Germany) longer in the market and also proven to reduce or fade scars

4. Hirudoid cream ( produced in Thai). find this product so so only

5. Vit e oil/cream- there r many many brands. i will give one good example: Bio-oil, can b used for scars and also stretch marks. CLinically proven also. claimed to be no 1 selling scar and stretch mark product in UK

for scars treatment, it depends on how long the scars have been there. ie scar has been there longer time takes longer to heal. usu needs min 3 months-6 months for existing scars. newer scars see faster effects. can onli apply all the above when scars r dry

Thanks all for your reply. I have started applying vit E to my scars. I have lots of vit E capsules at home and I wonder what made me so stupid as not to think about this remedy.

hi Escudo,

Does the doctor treat acne scars on the body (back /chest area) ?? If so, may i have the doc's contacts/ details ? Lately i have many pimples popping up on the chest area and leaving scars behind...so sad...

Hmm.., when I just moved to Cyberjaya, I was bitten quite badly by some bugs there, and as result my legs scarred very badly and very unsightly, for more than 1 year!!!

I stumbled upon a doctor in Taipan USJ (Thank God!), and went for her treatment. It's microdermabration, costed me RM150 per treatment. Went for 3 treatments, and voila, I get my smooth legs again!

Maybe u can try that?

Nafnaf: Just a question - do you think those treatments will work for my chest scar? I got it when I went for an open heart surgery in 97. It's pale pink and sometimes depending on the angle, you can't see it but...I dunno. I'm okay with it but it's a bonus if it's not visible!

Rosebug, the doctor i went to is in taipan, Dr. Tan & Dr. Loi, hubby and wife, very very frendly and kind. Dr. Tan is kind of family doctor, Dr. Loi is the wife, she is very good. U can go and ask her.

She treats for face, chest, back or legs. Since she is a doctor, not beautician, I trust her more if she treats my scar. And I am so happy with the result.

If u r familiar with Taipan, their clinic is opposite of McD and Herbs n Food.

hi Escudo,

Does the doctor treat acne scars on the body (back /chest area) ?? If so, may i have the doc's contacts/ details ? Lately i have many pimples popping up on the chest area and leaving scars behind...so sad...

hi Escudo,

i went for my 1st treatment yesterday...it was a painful experience for me ...*sob sob...

i did the microdermabration + vit C (for faster healing)

hopefully i can see the result very soon

Dr Loi indeed is a very good n nice person...

hi Escudo,

i went for my 1st treatment yesterday...it was a painful experience for me ...*sob sob...

May I ask how much is the cost of treatment?

hi Escudo,

May I ask how much is the cost of treatment?

Dr Loi told me different area she'll charge different price ..

for face is rm180 (microdermabration) + rm80 / rm100 (vit C...not too sure bout this)

for my chest she charged me rm100 (microdermabration) + rm80 (vit C), and according to her, i need to go thru around 3 treatments...but it still depends on the individual

*vit C is optional

Escudo

Thank you for the info

I dun mean to pick on you.... but i work in Taipan and i don't understand your direction.

Herbs and Food is between Guardian and Watson, even if McD next to Watson is on the same row, but you need to turn a corner... McD is officially facing Burger King and Herbs and Food is facing England Optical. If Herbs and Food is facing north, Mc D is like facing South / South West.

Is the clinic the same row as Baker's Cottage and Baskin Robbins31 and England Optical?? or is it the same row as Burger King and Pizza Uno?? or is it the building behind Fitness First, where Eu Yan Sang is??

Well maybe i do mean to pick on you....... :P :P :P

Nafnaf: Just a question - do you think those treatments will work for my chest scar? I got it when I went for an open heart surgery in 97. It's pale pink and sometimes depending on the angle, you can't see it but...I dunno. I'm okay with it but it's a bonus if it's not visible!

mei, sorry for late reply, just saw it today. if u wan faster effect(and expensive method), u can of coz consider going to a doctor. if not, what i have mentioned above, the vit e cream and even cica care sheet works for surgery scars too. need to ask as well is it a raised scar? a ten year scar like yours takes quite long time to fade wo..

Yeah...I think it's raised. My SIL told me that it won't go away - she's a doc - so yeah...I can live with it though. XD

mei, a raised scar easier to treat compare to one which dips into the skin. cica care gel v effective for kelloid like urs. but for such an old scar, need quite some time, prob 1 year or more. yes the scar won't go away, but it can b faded till u can't see it clearly...u wan more details i pm u in private ok..

i jz underwent an ovarian cyst op last March 07 & hmm..it left me with a 10cm long scar horizontally jz below my bikini line! yeah & d best part was my doc tried 2 b funny or 2 cheer me up with gd intention a day after my op that d good news is i can still be able to wear my bikini! no worries my dear! OMG! jz wonder if he ever understand a lady's feeling & emotion when thr's a permanent scar on her body?

anyone tried bio oil for sscars? it's ads is on TV so often these days...wonder if it really works? planning to get it to add in my pregnancy lotion routine , but it contains vit A..not so sure if it's ok to use during pregnancy..

Cheh..., this MOD.., if I am not careful, might be beaten by the cyber rotan and still dunno what happened.

Opposite of McD and herbs&Food is the England Optical, beside it will be a boutique. Nah.., beside the boutique leh is my fave Dr. Tan & Loi clinic liao.

:P

Escudo

Thank you for the info

I dun mean to pick on you.... but i work in Taipan and i don't understand your direction.

Herbs and Food is between Guardian and Watson, even if McD next to Watson is on the same row, but you need to turn a corner... McD is officially facing Burger King and Herbs and Food is facing England Optical. If Herbs and Food is facing north, Mc D is like facing South / South West.

Is the clinic the same row as Baker's Cottage and Baskin Robbins31 and England Optical?? or is it the same row as Burger King and Pizza Uno?? or is it the building behind Fitness First, where Eu Yan Sang is??

Well maybe i do mean to pick on you....... :P :P :P

i hv vy long scar on my back due to my spine operations. thank God dat my scar is neat n not obvious at all.

wat i did during my recovery is to eat lotsa fruits, especially grapes. it helps the skin heals faster...

btw, where to get this Bio-Oil ar? i read an article on it from The Star Online... n wanna know where to get it lor...

Rosebug, the doctor i went to is in taipan, Dr. Tan & Dr. Loi, hubby and wife, very very frendly and kind. Dr. Tan is kind of family doctor, Dr. Loi is the wife, she is very good. U can go and ask her.

She treats for face, chest, back or legs. Since she is a doctor, not beautician, I trust her more if she treats my scar. And I am so happy with the result.

hi Escudo,

hi,

how much is the charges?

can i have the contact no? thanks...

I tried the bio-oil (actually still trying) for some bug-bite scars on my legs. It works albeit quite slowly.. however, may consider trying the microdermabrasion soon if it does not heal fast enough. Been putting my lil dresses in the back of my closet for far too long..