babaliciouz

Bedroom Set

Hi Gals!

I need some advise on this, we are planing to purchase a Bedroom Set for our Sarawak home which consists of :

1 Bedframe + Headboard

1 4-5doors Wardrobe

1 Dressing Table

2 Bedside Tables

1 Chest Drawer (optional)

But I'm here in Singapore, so I dunno how is the pricing in Malaysia like for such bedroom sets. Does anyone has any idea how much roughly a set of such would cost?

Actually my PIL are looking around for us, I know they will buy base on durability but for us we would prefer something more modern lah.

I search online but cant find a furniture shop in Sarawak that has a website leh............ :(

Hi baba...

depends on whether your furniture is complete hardwood or those compressed boards...it makes a lot of difference to the price!

Hardwood loh, compress wood very lousy later we sleep halfway give way then jialat liao! :)

hehe....yea...newlyweds..must get those stronger ones hor! haaha..

prices in east malaysia may be different from the ones in KL. My FH bought one set, around rm5k excluding the mattress! but this cupboard is equivalent to 3-door. not 4 door!

hehe....yea...newlyweds..must get those stronger ones hor! haaha..

prices in east malaysia may be different from the ones in KL. My FH bought one set, around rm5k excluding the mattress! but this cupboard is equivalent to 3-door. not 4 door!

haha :o do what do what??? I dunno leh......

But actually we are not often there (only twice or thrice a year then we go back), so I was thinking maybe a normal kind is good enough liao.

Hi Babaliciouz,

I think you need to allocate at least 4-5K for a good set. You can actually find sets for 1K-2K+ but you need to check on the quality.

His sister found a set for us but only has 1 Queens Size bed frame, 1 2door wardrobe and a dressing table all for 1k.

I dunno leh, alittle confuse now. Should I buy something better or just get a normal kind since we are not staying there........ :D

just get those normal ones enuf already. if get good ones, you don't use often...wasted!

yah loh, somemore Wedding must use money so dun want to spent too much on it.

Btw if I budget RM1000-1500 do you think I can get a normal decent set like what I mention above?

can get only for those on discount...on normal prices a bit hard. the quality would be so bad...susah la..but do keep a lookout for discounts...esp towards year-end!

my fh also bought another set for the guest room. Less than 2k! :)

happy furniture hunting!

thanks for your input! ;)

but not me searching leh........... its his parents, we only come out money. :D

Was thinking can I buy from JB & get them to deliver or if the have branch in Sarawak?

Hi Baba,

Deliver from WM to EM? Wah!! I think athena is right. You should buy it in EM. You can check out the local papers now, everywhere is having sales. You can get bedroom sets for <2K.

Hi Baba,

Deliver from WM to EM? Wah!! I think athena is right. You should buy it in EM. You can check out the local papers now, everywhere is having sales. You can get bedroom sets for <2K.

But its tough for me to get hold on any promos in EM, coz I'm here all the time. I'll be going back in Feb for 4days, dunno if got enough time to find a set then. Also by then I will have a lot of things to settle, so thats why I thought of buying the bed now so less 1 worry for me.

Hi Baba,

True also. Do you subscribe to The Star's online paper? If yes, the adverts will appear on the online version. Maybe you can search for the designs that you like and send the pics to your PIL to get them to source for you first. Get them to help you shortlist furniture malls/shops that has the designs that you like. Then when you are back in Feb, you can just go and visit the shortlisted shops.