Sign in to follow this  
Tiffany Chanyl

Too many Flower Girls. Help!

I have 4 flower girls, 1 ring bearer, 4 maids and 4 mates (13 in total). And now my husband wanting to add another of his 2 year old niece in the flowers girls list. From the above list, i only have 2 of my nieces in the list while the rest (11 people) is his family and friends. I do not want to add any more people in the list as it is too many people as it can be too messy during the march in. My husband said he does not want to left anyone behind and it's no harm to add another one. My husband want everyone to be happy and obviously when i do not want to add anymore people, he was upset. Anyone know the way to make my husband realized that he is being selfish and he is definitely not making me happy. And does the bride has more power in term of selecting the flower girl?

Please help.

I have 4 flower girls, 1 ring bearer, 4 maids and 4 mates (13 in total). And now my husband wanting to add another of his 2 year old niece in the flowers girls list. From the above list, i only have 2 of my nieces in the list while the rest (11 people) is his family and friends. I do not want to add any more people in the list as it is too many people as it can be too messy during the march in. My husband said he does not want to left anyone behind and it's no harm to add another one. My husband want everyone to be happy and obviously when i do not want to add anymore people, he was upset. Anyone know the way to make my husband realized that he is being selfish and he is definitely not making me happy. And does the bride has more power in term of selecting the flower girl?

Please help.

Hi dear.

Well, the good news is that your husband at least has some interest getting involve in planning the wedding. Trust me, most men will prefer to be a yes man and rather watch TV then getting involve in the planning of the wedding.

If he still insist, I think its not worth arguing in such a small matter. Just need to do a little more planning and training. Maybe you can ask all your flower girls, brides mate and others to march in first. You leave a reasonable gap behind them and then you march. That way, if unfortunately should one of them screw up the march, they still have time to regain control before you even arrive near them. This is very crucial for the videographer and also photographer to do their work. Make sure you have someone to stand by to assist the children during march in aside away from the camera ready to solve any children problems. With some planning and coordination, hope it will help.

Cheers and wish you will have a blessed and wonderful marriage.

God bless.