Two weeks before the AD, normally the guy side will bring boxes of cakes to give to female side to that they can give away to their relatives, friends and neighbours.... Some people use fruit mini tarts nowadays, but i was thinking to use cupcakes. What you all think?

I saw beautiful cupcakes by *wondermilk* [ www.cuppacakes.blogspot.com] ...

Is it acceptable?

My mum wants KLP... so no alternatives wor...

2ys... i just ask only to reconfirm.. cupcakes good idea if parents ok with it...

If you are referring to Kah Lui Peng, then i guess its up to individual as some people might want to keep the tradition as give out KLP.

For me, my mum requested cupcakes instead of the traditional KLP. It cost more than the normal KLP but my mum wanted it so my hb replaced the KLP with cupcakes. We gave 8 pieces of butter cupcakes iwith butter cream in each box. But i didint order from wondermilk as its would cost even more.

If you are referring to Kah Lui Peng, then i guess its up to individual as some people might want to keep the tradition as give out KLP.

For me, my mum requested cupcakes instead of the traditional KLP. It cost more than the normal KLP but my mum wanted it so my hb replaced the KLP with cupcakes. We gave 8 pieces of butter cupcakes iwith butter cream in each box. But i didint order from wondermilk as its would cost even more.

Then where you get it? For a normal bakery shop ar?

Have picture to share?

I got mine from a friend of my mum that bakes cakes from home.

I dont have a picture with me right now... I need to search whether i have it at home or not.

Then where you get it? For a normal bakery shop ar?

Have picture to share?

Hi Eunice,

Just went to your wedding website and my wedding date is the same as yours! :)

Anyway, cuppacakes is an awesome idea, but IMHO, it's a little pricey. :( Prob you can try browsing at the local bakeries for a more better deal. Sorry can't tell you where to get it, as I manage to get away with the KLP. FH is giving my mom a red packet instead.

I will let you know the bakery shop if i happen to see any.

:)

hi Rene,

You are the first person have the same date with me! Hehehe.

Ya...anyone if happen to see nice looking cupcakes..can tell me anytime.. Will be glad to know.

Thanks in advance first... :)

hi all,

actually i also will give cake instead of KLP, but no cupcake.. i buy one round peanut cake cost around RM6.50 to RM7..

OR any suggestion bakery?

hi all,

actually i also will give cake instead of KLP, but no cupcake.. i buy one round peanut cake cost around RM6.50 to RM7..

OR any suggestion bakery?

Means like those 1/2kg cake ar?

i'd enquiry from *wondermilk.... it's a bit pricey leh..

quoted from them:

"royal9(muffin sized cupcakes) which is RM30 per box.

if you want mini cupcakes, we can pack you in 16s,

our sweet16 mini cupcakes is RM20 perbox."

maybe got other better option kua.....

hi eunine,

u can take a look at Baker Cortage or Bee's Bakery... so happen i also prefer cup cakes instead of klp..

but, i misplaced the catalog.. they just have new packing... looks yummy yummy... less than RM10..

Just and FYI, there's a discussion about cupcakes here too:

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....ost&p=93311

Maybe you can approach the bakeries (independent or from hotel/restaurants) about making them for you?

Another idea that I wanted to implement for my own wedding if I had the time was to get those mini cupcakes from the roti man and pipe the icing on myself. Too bad, ran out of time when AD drew nearer :(

cupcake would be a fresh idea but i personally love KLP cos I love lotus paste. But I also love cupcakes so going to have it for my wedding dinner. Instead of the usual wedding favors (cakes) given by the hotel am using cupcakes instead. Wanted to continue blabbering but the link that fusionista posted has my reply there as well :P

<br />i'd enquiry from *wondermilk.... it's a bit pricey leh..<br /><br />quoted from them:<br />&quot;royal9(muffin sized cupcakes) which is RM30 per box.<br />if you want mini cupcakes, we can pack you in 16s,<br />our sweet16 mini cupcakes is RM20 perbox.&quot;<br /><br />maybe got other better option kua.....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes, the bakery shop will place the cake in the plastic box.. presentable.. that only normal cake added with cream and peanut (around and top of the cake)..

but for next year march bakery shop will re-confirm the price.. hopefully less than RM10

hi eunine,

u can take a look at Baker Cortage or Bee's Bakery... so happen i also prefer cup cakes instead of klp..

but, i misplaced the catalog.. they just have new packing... looks yummy yummy... less than RM10..

when you can find back the catalog..dont forget to share here wor...

I found out that secret recipe also can do this..but dont know how much la, cos its my fren that told me so..

hi eunice.anne,

The Bee's bakery is that Lian Bee Bakery ar? if it is, I've been to their outlet at Jusco Cheras Selatan there n asked before. their KLP very small lor..1 mouth can makan satu edi..heheh at first i wana order from them for my goh dai lai also,but end up didnt coz so small, give 2 like not good, give more it's xpensive. :) but no doubt their design r nice n special. :)

to me, cupcakes r good idea if urs & ur hb's parents dun mind bout it

i thought got free cupcakes from MB. so fast fast come in and see if i miss anything out....haha...me so like hungry ghost.

cupcakes as substitutes for KLP? good idea.....anyway, me in love with KLP and mini fruit tarts and everything sweet and nice....hehehe.....so anything also can send to me :P :lol:

me oso thot dat MB was givin out free cupcakes so quickly came in here.. so wai sek... hehe.... :lol:

but its a really cool idea to have cupcakes instead of klp... unfortunately, my fil n own relatives r quite traditional so insisted on klp.... no complaints tho cos d klp dat my mil got from ipoh r yummy.... :)