samantha_lee

Wedding @ SIBU, SARAWAK

Hiii.... everybody

My FH is from sibu, sarawak so our AD also will be at sibu.

Rite now, i need more information about wedding banquet venue, photographer, MUA, florist to decorate the church n etc in sibu.

Anybody here got any information that i want???

kindly reply here or PM me...

thankssss....

cheers,

samantha

hi Sam... my wedding has just pass n my hubby oso from Sibu. I m not sure if my expectations are too high but everythg did not go right. I still hate my MUA. She spoilt my day. sobs. remember wateva u do avoid hiring PEI LEI...! PG was just ok VG was so stiff i mistaken him for being my PG. Neva saw any VG in my life tat calls ppl to stand still for him to take. :angry:

hi...piggiemily...

finally got somebody reply to this topic....

do u mind to share more about ur wedding at sibu???

who's ur PG n VG??? both from sibu???

where's the wedding banquet??

i really have no idea how to prepare it for the sibu wedding.... my church ceremony n the dinner will be at sibu...

for kl... just the bride's side "chuk mum" n dinner too....

really hope that u can share ur experieces n ur pic with me...

thanks yahhh

Well... at least u get to organize ur Sibu wedding... Mine was all organized by in laws and thus although not very happy with the standards gotta keep quiet as not nice to put too much comments on their work...

like u i am also from KL n I had my dinner at Sunway before my AD. So before i start, get prepared that Sibu professional standards is 10 years back. not joking... mean it... u need lots of luck to hire the right person for the job not to scare u off but its true... regretted every minute after my AD as i was dissapointed that my once in a lifetime pass just like tat and i am trying to forget abt it... sobs...

MUA: Pei Lei (dont hire her cos she dont listen and she thinks she is always right. Very auntie! My eyeshadows are dark purple n she apply mascara on my eyebrows n forced me to put on fake eyelashes when i told her i do not need any as my eyelashes are very long. n forces her way through to stick on my eyelash. She only takes 30 mins on bride's make up)

Hairdo: Scott/Simon/Felix...? Forgot his name. His a nearly bald guy with long hair. But according to locals very famous in Sibu. Won many awards. His saloon is at 1st floor shop lots next to RH Hotel entrance. Since he win a lot of awards, his hairstyles on brides are very Kuah Jiong. So u need to tell him wat u want and exactly wat u want or else u would regret. I let him do my hair without a mirror and when i look at myself i was speechless and ran out of time to make any changes as groom has arrived.

PG: YOKIT STUDIO. His photos are ok... but when i say OK if compared to KL i will still give him a C. Why? Cos he stands and wait for moments. He dont keep shooting and take opportunities of moments. U need to pose nice nice for him to take. N if he takes candid u really wish he just ask u to stand and pose. He do not give u all the pics. He only gives u a limit of 200 photos. (I guess tats y he dont really run around and ensure moments are well captured)

VG: I dont know him. If u wanna ask probably Yokit's recommendation gua... tat guy is so kayu until i cant tahan. Tummy big big and really call u to dun move so he can video u... I was thinking why i have 2 PG during my wedding and ppl start telling me his not a PG his the VG...!

Church: Zion Methodist Church. CHurch was nice. Pastor was nice. Just tat its in mandarin and i dun quite understand most of the vows i repeated after him.

Florist: Cant remember the shop's name but its in Rejang Park. The florist did my church deco, hotel deco, my bouquet, car deco and hair piece. CHurch and hotel deco was OK but my bouquet looks sad. I booked white roses for my bouquet and when i collect them she told me she ran out of white roses thus mix with pink. My bouquet was so small. When i commented tis she said... u already so small how big u want ur bouquet? :lol:

Hotel: RH HOTEL. The only thing that was right was the hotel. Although the hotel is a bit odd as they do not provide breakfast, its very new and clean. My guest love their rooms and i love mine even more as in laws booked me an executive suite. Nice view with a balcony and i was irritated only when my STUPID MUA walk in the room like Jakun and hear her voice non stop. VERY ANNOYING!

Basically, ppl in Sibu dont really accept feedbacks that well. Since they are professionals in their area they think u shld listen to them not them listening to u. So, GOOD LUCK! If financial is not an issue, get professionals from here to fly over. I regretted relying so much on in laws and spoilt my whole wedding day mood and till date feel like crying each time i look at myself through the pics and video. Video was dead boring and sigh...

Anyway, i still need to be thankful and greatful to my In Laws for the arrangements. My sis in law was great when i asked her if i can cancel off the MUA for dinner sessions. She said no prob as she is ready to help me with my dinner make up. Her standards are way better than the MUA. B)

Basically, ppl in Sibu dont really accept feedbacks that well. Since they are professionals in their area they think u shld listen to them not them listening to u. So, GOOD LUCK! If financial is not an issue, get professionals from here to fly over. I regretted relying so much on in laws and spoilt my whole wedding day mood and till date feel like crying each time i look at myself through the pics and video. Video was dead boring and sigh...

Anyway, i still need to be thankful and greatful to my In Laws for the arrangements. My sis in law was great when i asked her if i can cancel off the MUA for dinner sessions. She said no prob as she is ready to help me with my dinner make up. Her standards are way better than the MUA. B)

Can think of getting some from Kuching. For photographer, I will suggest you either to get Jacky (Jacky studio) or Alvin Leong, they are good and professional. :)

hi, piggiemily,

thanks for the information.... ehm... actually my Future BIL had the wedding at sibu early of the yr.. all was organized by my FIL too.... but for me... i dun really wan to bother them to arrange everything for me... n i dun really trust the services that provided by the PG/VG, MUA, FLorist n etc... since that my standard n their standard are a bit different.... anyway may be i just dun expect too high on the quality n the services that provided from them.... sibu just a small town with limited sources.....

think of getting somebody from kl to fly over to sibu... but i think my FIL n the family sure dun agree on this idea.... later just scared that "some people" will say that "aiyoh... ur DIL so babi de ar.... need somebody purposely fly over to sibu.... waste money lar...this lar...that lar.... haih.~~!!"...

anyway just hope that everything will be fine on my AD..... really no mood when i think of the preparation of my wedding in SIBU..... really need a lot of lucks on choosing the rite person for the rite job.... haih~~!!!...

although i'm not really hate the place.... but basically just dun really like it... when i thought of going back to sibu... sure got depression..... *sign*

hi, beautifulgown,

thanks for ur reply... will try to contact the PG that u mentioned.... anyway... do u have the information about the jacky studio? for alvin leong.... i already browse tru his website n blog... :)

hi, piggiemily,

thanks for the information.... ehm... actually my Future BIL had the wedding at sibu early of the yr.. all was organized by my FIL too.... but for me... i dun really wan to bother them to arrange everything for me... n i dun really trust the services that provided by the PG/VG, MUA, FLorist n etc... since that my standard n their standard are a bit different.... anyway may be i just dun expect too high on the quality n the services that provided from them.... sibu just a small town with limited sources.....

think of getting somebody from kl to fly over to sibu... but i think my FIL n the family sure dun agree on this idea.... later just scared that "some people" will say that "aiyoh... ur DIL so babi de ar.... need somebody purposely fly over to sibu.... waste money lar...this lar...that lar.... haih.~~!!"...

anyway just hope that everything will be fine on my AD..... really no mood when i think of the preparation of my wedding in SIBU..... really need a lot of lucks on choosing the rite person for the rite job.... haih~~!!!...

although i'm not really hate the place.... but basically just dun really like it... when i thought of going back to sibu... sure got depression..... *sign*

hi, beautifulgown,

thanks for ur reply... will try to contact the PG that u mentioned.... anyway... do u have the information about the jacky studio? for alvin leong.... i already browse tru his website n blog... :)

Hi,

Jacky studio don't own a website but he is a good photographer (but his temper a bit weird :P), my last year convocation photos were with him.

Alvin Leong just not far from my house, he is good too and he is more to aus style taking. Alvin does have a website and I believe you are viewing his website most of the time.

Both of them always with a lot of appointment, so if you have make up your mind to hire either one of them, please be fast. :)

If you get either one of them to fly in Sibu for your AD photos, I believe your FIL will not say anything, you have your right to choose which photographer for your AD and you are going to pay for it, so why they want to interfere? I don't trust on Sibu or either Miri's photographer :P

Last time I was working in Miri for 2 years, been to the BSs .. I don't like the way they took the photos :P hehehe .. look so backward compared to Kuching :rolleyes:

I say try not to regret for making tat extra effort like myself. Like u i was under a lot of stress as i dun really trust their standards too. But i wanted to b nice and not too demanding, i tell myself to not to expect too much and see ended up with disasterous morning ceremony. I saw my photos i was forcing myself to smile most of the time. can tell i am not smilling from my heart.

Hiii.... everybody

Rite now, i need more information about wedding banquet venue, photographer, MUA, florist to decorate the church n etc in sibu.

thankssss....

cheers,

samantha

Hi Samantha

My friend from KL used Alvin Leong, he is good. I am sure he flies in to Sibu too. Never use the photographer or make up artist in Sibu sorry to say but the way their design are way behind.. its my personal opinion. I think Alvin shoots anywhere you engage him.. he also has his team of MUA, heard that he even shoot in Aus. U went to his website? I believe its the same website u went to.. www.alvinleong.com If u like capturing moments he is the one to go! Just to share.. :)

Hiii.... everybody

thankssss....

cheers,

samantha

Hi Samantha

Hello.... Honestly saying I feel really sad for piggiemily. I'm sorry that you have such an unpleasant time and experience in Sibu. I'm from Sibu. But just want to make it clear I lived in KL for 8 years and just came back to sibu for a year. I do agree on certain things that piggiemily said.

I think I may be able to help if you intend to acquire some information for your AD wedding.

Yes.... RH Hotel, Kingwood Hotel, Tanahmas Hotel ... are nice venue to have your dinner reception.

As for makeup and hair do ... I do recommend you go to one of the local bridal shop. The Bridal Shop's named is Best Bridal Shop in Jalan Pedada. ( "jui mei" in mandarin) Well... A fren of mine got married a few months ago and she did her hair and make up there. Make up was natural looking and modest. The hair do not complicated, simple, suitable for the occassion.

However, If you wish to engaged a MUA that will be able to go to your house... then maybe you can go to the Shesheido counter to look for a gal called Amy. She is willing to go to your house/hotel to do your make up. She did my sister's makeup during her wedding. A bit heavy but looks nice in the picture.

As for florist... I do recommend a guy called Nicky. He used to work in KL and trust me... he is good and professional. He will be able to give you KL quality that you wish for. His shop is rite above a local cafe called Cafe Cafe. Just ask you hubby....if you are from sibu... you will know cafe cafe.

As for AD photographer.... hahaha... dear... sorry to say... piggiemily DO engaged a freelance photographer from KL if you can. Hahaha.. I plan to engage a freelance photographer myself in the future.

I read from here that andy lim and Ian Chew charged at a reasonable price maybe you can check it out. http://andylim.com/weddings/albums.php or

http://www.pbase.com/ianchew/weddings.

Maybe you can asked this two photographer since you are in KL yourself and share the quotation with me. Hehehe..

By the way... one thing I'm proud of Sibu is... we have lots and lots of beautiful church for you to choose from. All the church are big and beautiful.

Well... I hope my suggestions are able to help your wedding to go as nice and pleasant possible for you. If you have anymore enquiries... do feel free to message me. Hehehe...

Sibu ppl are not as terrrible as you imagine. We are very nice too.

Best Regards

Datina :D

hi.. my marry will on next yr but i had oledi ask for the florist to set up our church decoration and hotel..It cost us RM1000 without car decoration..the florist decorate was veri ice..i luv it..it near the Cafe Cafe..if u heard it..They r partner. the Florist name " Flower Time Florist Art & Deco.Name of the Boss is Nicky Tham and HP number 019-2028843 and 0168751575 . Soo ur wedding Deception will at St.MAry Church..So am i.. :) For photographer u may find my Fiance cousin..my wedding day i oso ask him to take. the way he take quite nice..0168601689 you said his cousin introduce "Philip LAU".Soo when is ur Wedding??? Hope tat time my fiance will Serve on ur wedding day..ehehe.He is the Guild of St.Stphen(ALtarserver)..Wish u good luck. :) my dinner will at kingwood..RH hotel..the food no really nice cause my fiance been thr for the dinner quite sometimes and the food when food testing is nice but..serve to ppl..it like suck..kingwood consider good then RH hotel. oh ya..for make up artist u may try to ask Wishing Star bridal. The owner wife make up is nice and natural..i luv her make up..my P.S photoshoot and engagement photoshoot i oso ask her to make up for me.. u may view the engagement photo at my friendster.. :)

Cheer,

Jessi

Hiii.... everybody

thankssss....

cheers,

samantha

Hi, all:

I'm Sibuan too. So sorry to hear that all the KL brides has sad wedding experiences at Sibu... Yup, Sibu is a small town, so lots of the things are not as update as KL... Im going to marry Jan 09, after see all bad comments about PG, florist and MUA, i also scared too... I dun wish to spoil my mood due to lousy make up... I heard b4 the shishiedo girl's make up, quite ok (my cousin's MUA on 07, my mum said nice and natural).

philipjohnlau, does Wishing Star bridal MUA provide trial makeup service before we book them? For Flower Time Florist Art & Deco, do there prepare any corsage?

For PG, any good recomendation except flying PG from Kch and KL?

Thanks.

hi.... sorry for the late reply ....

just wan to update everybody that plan to have a wedding in sibu....

for the actual day photographer:

finally i manage to comfirm my actual day wedding photographer.... she is simmy tan.... i seriously love her works... really amazing...... i cant believe that i can manage to get her as my photographer on my wedding... she's now based in sibu... so anybody that wanna look for a photographer... feel free to visit her website.... i think she's the only photographer in sibu that got her own website... http://www.simmy-tan.com/photography.html

p/s: adkate01 - kindly check it out at simmy's website.... i really wanna introduce her to everybody that looking a photographer in sibu.... she's amazing....

for the wedding dinner:

currently my in-law change the venue from kingwood to tanahmas cos they said kingwood having a renovation so by the time dunno whether the renovation will be completely done or still half way.... so end up they shift the venue to tanahmas.... for the package in tanahmas... i'm not really sure cos they deal with the ppl there.... i didnt involve in the planning or discussion at all... so i really need some helps from the members here... anybody can give me some comments regarding wedding dinner in tanahmas?? how's the decoration?? how's the food??

for the MUA, florist n etc:

still searching.... i do have quite a number of contact but just dunno how's their works?? cos they dun have any website for me to view n dun really can email me the pic.... so really hard for me to make a decision... for the car deco n the wedding dinner deco... most probably i will do it myself..... at least i know wat i want... :)

so anybody got any contact that i can view online or have any pic... kindly PM me.... or leave a msg here.... cos i will be prepare everything from kl... i didnt fly back to sibu till my wedding... so everything need to be done tru phone or email...

marcelina: my wedding will be on 13-09-2008 (saturday) AM: church ceremony at St. Mary church PM: dinner at tanahmas hotel

cheers,

samantha

marcelina,

i'm not sure who is the priest.... cos i'm not a catholic.. rite now... i having my pre marriage course in kl... PNE also will be in kl... the previous church wedding ceremomy that i attended last year was conducted by father paul chee.....

so when's ur wedding n how's the preparation??

Hi, all:

I'm Sibuan too. So sorry to hear that all the KL brides has sad wedding experiences at Sibu... Yup, Sibu is a small town, so lots of the things are not as update as KL... Im going to marry Jan 09, after see all bad comments about PG, florist and MUA, i also scared too... I dun wish to spoil my mood due to lousy make up... I heard b4 the shishiedo girl's make up, quite ok (my cousin's MUA on 07, my mum said nice and natural).

philipjohnlau, does Wishing Star bridal MUA provide trial makeup service before we book them? For Flower Time Florist Art & Deco, do there prepare any corsage?

For PG, any good recomendation except flying PG from Kch and KL?

Thanks.

Hi adkate,

For that Wishing star..i may help u to ask tomorrow cause 2day,they off day and i will go there tomorrow..Soo when is your wedding??? for Deco..yes,they do..all in one package..RM1300..or with u r at sibu..u may go and c.they close on monday as well..the boss name Nicky..We still wait for his reply cause our wedding will at 28th Jan 2009..but got ppl ask from them b4 us..soo need to wait for his confirmation..Me and My FH love his Deco..Veri nice and compare with other florist at Sibu..He also deal with a lot of places at KL too. Here his Hp number 019-2028843/0168751575..

hi.... sorry for the late reply ....

just wan to update everybody that plan to have a wedding in sibu....

for the actual day photographer:

finally i manage to comfirm my actual day wedding photographer.... she is simmy tan.... i seriously love her works... really amazing...... i cant believe that i can manage to get her as my photographer on my wedding... she's now based in sibu... so anybody that wanna look for a photographer... feel free to visit her website.... i think she's the only photographer in sibu that got her own website... http://www.simmy-tan.com/photography.html

p/s: adkate01 - kindly check it out at simmy's website.... i really wanna introduce her to everybody that looking a photographer in sibu.... she's amazing....

for the wedding dinner:

currently my in-law change the venue from kingwood to tanahmas cos they said kingwood having a renovation so by the time dunno whether the renovation will be completely done or still half way.... so end up they shift the venue to tanahmas.... for the package in tanahmas... i'm not really sure cos they deal with the ppl there.... i didnt involve in the planning or discussion at all... so i really need some helps from the members here... anybody can give me some comments regarding wedding dinner in tanahmas?? how's the decoration?? how's the food??

for the MUA, florist n etc:

still searching.... i do have quite a number of contact but just dunno how's their works?? cos they dun have any website for me to view n dun really can email me the pic.... so really hard for me to make a decision... for the car deco n the wedding dinner deco... most probably i will do it myself..... at least i know wat i want... :)

so anybody got any contact that i can view online or have any pic... kindly PM me.... or leave a msg here.... cos i will be prepare everything from kl... i didnt fly back to sibu till my wedding... so everything need to be done tru phone or email...

marcelina: my wedding will be on 13-09-2008 (saturday) AM: church ceremony at St. Mary church PM: dinner at tanahmas hotel

cheers,

samantha

Hi...Samantha,

I got friend to work at Tanahmanas as Sales and Marketing B4..I did ask about the package of the Wedding..The food thr..Nice...Deco.. no sure,if not mistaken no Decoration...Cake..Better look for outside..My Frenx Working as S&M said b4..no use the cake thr..A lot fo my frenx got married at tanahmanas find thei own Decoration..

cheer,

JEssi Low

Dear Samantha and philipjohnlau:

Thank you so much for sharing the info.

Actually, i and my FH working at KL. My AD is at Kuching, so just have girl's side banquet at Sibu... I dun need the car deco, mayb i need florist to do corsages for family members. Do i need to carry hand bouquet flower while dinner? For dinner venue, my father will make the decision, so i dun need to worry about it. For PG, i will contact Simmy and may ask her to travel to kuching if possible. For MUA, hope philipjohnlau can help me as i'm not going back to sibu until my wedding day.... I want to know the quotation on make up for me, groom(if needed) and my mum during dinner.

Dear Samantha and philipjohnlau:

Thank you so much for sharing the info.

Actually, i and my FH working at KL. My AD is at Kuching, so just have girl's side banquet at Sibu... I dun need the car deco, mayb i need florist to do corsages for family members. Do i need to carry hand bouquet flower while dinner? For dinner venue, my father will make the decision, so i dun need to worry about it. For PG, i will contact Simmy and may ask her to travel to kuching if possible. For MUA, hope philipjohnlau can help me as i'm not going back to sibu until my wedding day.... I want to know the quotation on make up for me, groom(if needed) and my mum during dinner.

Hi Adkate,

Since u don't want the car decor..the price wont b until thousand ..u may call them and ask for the decor and the corsage..here, my package is include church deco,corsage,hotel deco..all is RM1000.

Cheer,

Jessi

hi...

philipjohnlau...

do u mind to help me to find out from the florist regarding the deco package?? basically i just need a flower arch, flower stand n some decoration for my church, a hand bouquet, 9 corsages n 5 wrist corsages only.... i will make my own decoration for the hotel....

if possible...can they just email me some of their works??? so i have a brief idea how the design look like....

for the tanahmas... i heard my FIL said they include a dummy cake for cake cutting n a piece of cake for the guest.... so i dun think i need to order another cake... rite??? n they said the hotel also will include some deco.. but i'm not sure how's the deco look like.... if anybody just attend any wedding over there... kindly send me the pic if anyone manage to snap some....

adkate01...

when's ur wedding in sibu??? i think is better to get simmy to fly to kuching instead of getting alvin or jacky as ur AD photographer cos alvin n jacky really kinda costly..... i still prefer simmy although she just started her photographer job... her works really can compare with those famour wedding photographer.... after viewing simmy website... wat do u think?? is it up to ur standard?? or even better than that?? :)

hi..Samantha, I try my best to ask..for the Hotel Deco..normally u may call him for my detail..cause they need to know what you plan to have..TQ..019-2028843/0168751575 Nicky Tham.ya..they include Dummy cake.. for the photo at the hotel..i need to ask my FH to ask his friend..to brw me..

wow.. everyone is kinda excited about wedding here..

i'm the blundest then..

i haven do any research about the sibu wedding at all although my wedding is in dec..

anyway, i will travel back to sibu during may to see the priest and handle the flower deco everything..

JESSI.. i shall contact nicky then. thanks for u info..

Hi!

I am going to have a simple dinner reception for relatives and friends in sibu at the end of the year too.

Just started some reseach and contacted simmy tan the photographer based on above recommendations. She's really nice and she's actually from kl but resides in sibu now.

i have some quotations from restaurants based on recommendations from relatives. pm me if you need the quotation.. but its in mandarin.

i think i will be booking kingwood soon for 20 Dec. when's yours :)

wow.. everyone is kinda excited about wedding here..

i'm the blundest then..

i haven do any research about the sibu wedding at all although my wedding is in dec..

anyway, i will travel back to sibu during may to see the priest and handle the flower deco everything..

JESSI.. i shall contact nicky then. thanks for u info..

my wedding is dec 6, at sibu, while dec10 at miri. currently i cant do anythign as i am at miri, but i shall travel back to sibu next month to settle some of the thing... yeah.... haha